Xbox One X Impressions

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox One X Impressions

Post by Danimal »

Got a chance to play a half of Madden Play Now. Holy Crap does it look great and man it is so smooth, I mean it is just so noticeable I was blown away and I know this isn't even close to what I have in store later when looking at other games.

I however ran into one minor snag. When I did the back up my settings I thought it would take all the system settings, meaning all use accounts. My kids accounts didn't transfer over just my main Xbox Live account. Is there no way to transfer those over, they are not live accounts per say, but those accounts that allowed them to use my Live access. I made them so long ago I can't recall how I did it but my kids losing their progress on stuff is going to be a problem.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Had to return mine to BB for an exchange. They didn't have any Project Scorpio editions left, but I don't really care about that anyway. Hopefully I don't get the freezing issues with this one as well.
GT = Wilk5280

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Saw Ghost Recon Wildlands is on the enhanced list. Maybe I'll be able to play it on the XB now without the crappy frame rate. Going to try this one tonight.
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Danimal wrote:Got a chance to play a half of Madden Play Now. Holy Crap does it look great and man it is so smooth, I mean it is just so noticeable I was blown away and I know this isn't even close to what I have in store later when looking at other games.

I however ran into one minor snag. When I did the back up my settings I thought it would take all the system settings, meaning all use accounts. My kids accounts didn't transfer over just my main Xbox Live account. Is there no way to transfer those over, they are not live accounts per say, but those accounts that allowed them to use my Live access. I made them so long ago I can't recall how I did it but my kids losing their progress on stuff is going to be a problem.
Don't know the the answer, but that is good to know. I'm going to try to log in on my wife's account and back it up before I plug in the X.

You know, if it ever gets here. :evil:
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

All mine is doing is copying Madden and Assassin's Creed over the network so far. I'll have a chance to check out a tiny sliver of both at lunch, but I'll have class tonight, so I won't really be able to get into it until tomorrow.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Aristo wrote: Don't know the the answer, but that is good to know. I'm going to try to log in on my wife's account and back it up before I plug in the X.

If you find something let me know, kids are going to be angry if they don't have all their progress moved over.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote:All mine is doing is copying Madden and Assassin's Creed over the network so far. I'll have a chance to check out a tiny sliver of both at lunch, but I'll have class tonight, so I won't really be able to get into it until tomorrow.
Probably too late now but the HD transfer is much quicker.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I didn't want to spend more money on an external HD, so I don't have one. Never really need it outside of this one particular instance, so I'll just let it plug along...thanks, though!

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Danimal wrote:Got a chance to play a half of Madden Play Now. Holy Crap does it look great and man it is so smooth, I mean it is just so noticeable I was blown away and I know this isn't even close to what I have in store later when looking at other games.

I think if you set this as your home console you should be good to go, right?
GT = Wilk5280

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Wilk5280 wrote: I think if you set this as your home console you should be good to go, right?
I need to do that but I don't get how that will move over their saves in AC and Minecraft etc. I thought the way the home console worked is anyone could play purchased DL games but on other consoles it needed to be the main account holder. idk I did all this so long ago I don't recall. Now I have 4 XB1's I need to get this s*** squared away.
Follow Me on:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

TCrouch wrote:I didn't want to spend more money on an external HD, so I don't have one. Never really need it outside of this one particular instance, so I'll just let it plug along...thanks, though!
Same here....

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Love how fast games load and how much snappier some of the menus are in the games.

Madden is silky smooth as already stated. It makes a good game that much more enjoyable. Visually, it looks great and maybe slightly nicer than the PS4 Pro but it's not as noticeable as others were saying.

Didn't notice anything visually regarding NHL 18, but I assume it hasn't been updated yet. Cut scenes do seem a litle smoother. It loads quicker which is nice.
Last edited by sportdan30 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I am pleasantly surprised by just how much better Madden looks. I thought the improvements would be minimal, but there is a very noticeable difference.
GT = Wilk5280

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I'm getting a lovely Installation Stopped popup when trying to copy from my external to internal. So yeah, that's wonderful. Resorting to downloading again which is speedy of course.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote: Madden is silky smooth as already stated. It makes a good game that much more enjoyable. Visually, it looks great and maybe slightly nicer than the PS4 Pro but it's not as noticeable as others were saying.

Didn't notice anything visually regarding NHL 18, but I assume it hasn't been updated yet. Cut scenes do seem a litle smoother. It loads quicker which is nice.
I don't have Madden on the Pro but from what I'm reading it is more than slightly better but not as mind blowing as NBA2K which I also don't have. Regardless of graphical improvements, the fact it plays so smoothly without stuttering is awesome to me. Just never played a Madden that didn't stutter somewhere.

NHL 18 is not on the list of enhanced games, just Madden, FIFA and Live. Knowing how lazy the NHL team is, they probably want to save it for a back of box feature for next year.

They just updated the list of games, Major Nelson posted it online.
Follow Me on:

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I'm getting a lovely Installation Stopped popup when trying to copy from my external to internal. So yeah, that's wonderful. Resorting to downloading again which is speedy of course.
I had that happen to me with Fortnite and Forza 7. All other games I moved (alot of them) were fine.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I've got Madden on the Pro and either I don't remember it being like this, or the X1X version is much, much better. I was blown away at how smooth it was and how gorgeous it looked. The PS4 Pro version I remembered looking when somebody here asked about it and noticed it was in 4K resolution, but what I just saw on the X1X was a whole different level. I'll fire it up again on the same TV and compare them soon (for my own curiosity, if nothing else). Seeing individual spectators in the stadium from the normal gameplay camera. Being able to pick out individual field lines within the reflection on a helmet...I mean, stuff you generally don't care about in normal gameplay, but wow.

Then I hopped over to Origins, and it looked exactly as I'd expected (that is, beautiful). HDR lighting really helps that game, as going from tomb-raiding to riding across a desert area showcases darks and lights very well (I'd spent all of my time on PC, where I don't have an HDR monitor). I played a couple of missions on the original Xbox One version, but the resolution really puts me off. When you see a PC game in 3440x1440 and then have to go to an upscaled low resolution XB game, it's tough. Having it in 4K really helps me, personally.

I still won't be able to do much more with it until tomorrow, but I'm impressed so far.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

TCrouch wrote:I've got Madden on the Pro and either I don't remember it being like this, or the X1X version is much, much better. I was blown away at how smooth it was and how gorgeous it looked. The PS4 Pro version I remembered looking when somebody here asked about it and noticed it was in 4K resolution, but what I just saw on the X1X was a whole different level. I'll fire it up again on the same TV and compare them soon (for my own curiosity, if nothing else). Seeing individual spectators in the stadium from the normal gameplay camera. Being able to pick out individual field lines within the reflection on a helmet...I mean, stuff you generally don't care about in normal gameplay, but wow.
No, the PS4 Pro version doesn't look anything close to this. I noticed it was a little better than the XBOX One version when they came out, but no. Not like this at all.

WRC 7 with a nice little facelift as well, although not as big of an improvement as I noticed in Madden.
GT = Wilk5280

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Danimal wrote:
Aristo wrote: Don't know the the answer, but that is good to know. I'm going to try to log in on my wife's account and back it up before I plug in the X.

If you find something let me know, kids are going to be angry if they don't have all their progress moved over.
Well, I have my console and I am updating. It found the back-up settings and loaded the. My wife's, that is. I have no idea if it also grabbed mine, or just her's since I updated her last.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

The enhanced games are SICK looking. Madden is beautiful. This thing is a beast. Loving it.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

No big deal w/ the Fifa Enhancements but Madden, goodness, what a difference. Even compared to the PS4 Pro version. It's significantly better looking and smooth. Hell of an upgrade right there by itself.

It just REALLY sucks that I can't copy from my hard drive to my X...having to download everything again.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

NBA2K18 is also beautiful. Smooooooth. As you were.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

For those of you trying to import multiple accounts, and qualifying this as I haven't completed this on the x yet, myself...

The import from external drive only seems to import the last one backed up. I noticed when I tried to save a backup of my daughter's profile that it overlaid mine. So I backed up my primary instead. So, of course, that one imported fine.

My recollection when I upgraded from OG to S was, all saved content for sub accounts was saved in the cloud. I'm pretty certain that all sub accounts still require a unique email address. The key is tracking down what email is associated with each account. Again, I haven't done it yet on the X, but I expect content will be available once the account is imported via email address.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Incidentally, you should be able to get your sub account email address through the Xbox live website.

I was able to confirm mine by logging in, clicking the profile pic and selecting: Xbox Settings > Microsoft Family

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So I played a full game of Madden and it is so smooth and fast it might make the game too easy for me. Speedy guys who can cut on a dime are damn near impossible to tackle, I had like 480 yards of offense in the 3rd quarter of a game. Sure looks pretty though.
Follow Me on: