Xbox One X Impressions

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox One X Impressions

Post by 10spro »

The transition was very smooth. I was able to load of all my games from the external drive with ease. The original update took about 15 minutes and I was ready to play all my games after that.

Played FIFA, Madden, NHL, Gears 4, Forza 7 and TGC 2. Everything looked beautiful. Used the same cables from the S setup.

Was really curious about TGC2 and I must admit it looks marginal better and in some other courses the improvement was signicant, although you can still experience the odd choppiness when you’re watching your ball path in mid air.

I gotta go with Forza 7 and Gears 4 as to the prettiest of them all but overall very impressed.

Also, you can capture your videos in 4K if you wish and I was looking forward to watch them on my app although they have yet to appear on the feed.

Bought the $49 insurance that’s good for any defect covering three years including the controller, so even though the console may work fine, I know I will need a new controller in two years.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

This is going to me all day today waiting for the Scorpio delivery.

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Forza Horizon 3 won't get its enhanced update until January 15th. Big time bummer as that was one of my top 2 or 3 games I was looking forward to playing in 4K. Ah well, at least I have an enormous back log of games to try and get through.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I woke up this morning to an email & text from Best Buy saying their was a "transit delay" and I wouldn't get my XB1X until tomorrow. I checked FedEx and it was at the local carrier. I assumed it missed the truck so I got dressed and came to work. Now I get a text from FedEx it is on the truck for delivery. I was going to stay home so someone would be there as i assume it needs a signature but now I'm at work. :oops:

This is why I don't care if Amazon puts every other place out of business.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

How does Madden look?
Follow Me on:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:How does Madden look?
I know your question was not directed at me, however I've read glowing praises of Madden over at OS by a couple people now. Said it looks even better than the PS4 Pro version and there is absolutely no frame rate stutters during replays or cuts to the bench. I'll be playing it early this afternoon as I'm leaving work here in a couple hours.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote:
I know your question was not directed at me, however I've read glowing praises of Madden over at OS by a couple people now. Said it looks even better than the PS4 Pro version and there is absolutely no frame rate stutters during replays or cuts to the bench. I'll be playing it early this afternoon as I'm leaving work here in a couple hours.
Thanks, can't wait to try it.
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:I woke up this morning to an email & text from Best Buy saying their was a "transit delay" and I wouldn't get my XB1X until tomorrow. I checked FedEx and it was at the local carrier. I assumed it missed the truck so I got dressed and came to work. Now I get a text from FedEx it is on the truck for delivery. I was going to stay home so someone would be there as i assume it needs a signature but now I'm at work. :oops:

This is why I don't care if Amazon puts every other place out of business.
Sucks they used FedEx for yours. I got mine sent via UPS...and I change the delivery to pick up at the hub/station which is a couple miles away. Usually my UPS truck doesn't get here until 6-7pm...so picking it up ensures 1) I don't miss it and 2) I get it at 8:30am instead when the hub opens. :)

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

A couple very early and brief impressions from all of 30 minutes time with the One X.

I loved the looked of the One S in white, so much that I had second thoughts after selling it. But, my mind was put at ease when I set up the One X. The black matte looks really nice it and it goes very well with the rest of my set up which is all black.

It's definitely heavier than the One S and PS4 Pro.

The controller has a little bit of back grips to it. I was hoping they'd be rubberized, but all in all it feels pretty nice.

The fan was quite loud when installing Forza 7, but it's whisper quite once the game is installed.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Among the three EA sports game that I played, the most noticeable eye candy title. I don’t know why the videos are not showing, anything to do with me changing the captures to 4K, I don’t know but you’ll be happy.

Screenshots appear in the App but not the video captures.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Irony of all ironies. Wife's car battery is dead...so she had to take mine. Now I don't have a car to go to UPS to pickup my X. LOL.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

10spro wrote:The transition was very smooth. I was able to load of all my games from the external drive with ease. The original update took about 15 minutes and I was ready to play all my games after that.
Literally most of my games are on an external drive on my 1S, do I just plug that drive into my 1X and go?
Follow Me on:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Irony of all ironies. Wife's car battery is dead...so she had to take mine. Now I don't have a car to go to UPS to pickup my X. LOL.
Uber?

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Danimal wrote:
10spro wrote:The transition was very smooth. I was able to load of all my games from the external drive with ease. The original update took about 15 minutes and I was ready to play all my games after that.
Literally most of my games are on an external drive on my 1S, do I just plug that drive into my 1X and go?
That seem to be what they are saying. I made sure the last of my content got on my external last night so I can so the easy swap out. It even uses the same power cord.

I do wonder, though, from the way they describe the new console that games might be better if run off the internal than the external now. Previously the external was better because USB 3.0 was fast than the SATA(?) cord they used in the console. SO I may be moving my heavy hitters back to internal. I mostly kept everything external before.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

DivotMaker wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Irony of all ironies. Wife's car battery is dead...so she had to take mine. Now I don't have a car to go to UPS to pickup my X. LOL.
Uber?
Def a possibility. LOL. Waiting on AAA to see what they say.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

10spro wrote:
Among the three EA sports game that I played, the most noticeable eye candy title. I don’t know why the videos are not showing, anything to do with me changing the captures to 4K, I don’t know but you’ll be happy.

I'm seeing people say that the HDR, in particular, is brighter and much better done on the One X. Where the hell is my delivery driver???

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Danimal wrote:
As easy as that. Now you can always transfer back some enhanced X games to the internal drive as I did and this morning and I was already at 78% full. Despite my two external drives, I need to uninstall some of them for sure.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Aristo wrote:
10spro wrote:

I'm seeing people say that the HDR, in particular, is brighter and much better done on the One X. Where the hell is my delivery driver???
Damn UPS truck just went by my house, could have had it now if amazon would have shipped with them, still waiting for USPS to deliver mine.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I'm waiting on amazon delivery. All I know is it should be here by 8pm. I have no idea what to expect. At least with UPS, I know the driver comes early afternoon.
Last edited by Aristo on Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Got mine!

I decided to take an early lunch and head home. Turn onto my street see the FedEx truck, do about 65 down my street as the guy is getting out I pull up. Thing didn't need a signature anyway LOL
Follow Me on:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Danimal wrote:Got mine!

I decided to take an early lunch and head home. Turn onto my street see the FedEx truck, do about 65 down my street as the guy is getting out I pull up. Thing didn't need a signature anyway LOL

LOL Dan...awesome!

Just returned from BB and have mine.

Just hope the wife was kidding about the "you have to wait til Christmas to open it" comment the other night. That is just cruel....

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Set up has been a breeze thanks to that video.

Going to try and sneak in a look at Madden before going back to the office.
Follow Me on:

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I keep getting system error E105 when it tries to apply the update. I've searched and followed the instructions, but they don't seem to help/work.
GT = Wilk5280

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just ran home on my prep period and snagged the XB1X off my porch :). I hooked it up but didn’t have time to fire it up because I had to get back to school :). I’ll fire it up when I get home from work...around 3:30. Excited :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Just got mine delivered, going to let it warm up for a bit before plugging in as it feels ice cold.