Xbox One X Impressions

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox One X Impressions

Post by sportdan30 »

RDR looks gorgeous with the enhanced update. Played for an hour last night and was just really impressed with how much better and cleaner it looked.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

sportdan30 wrote:RDR looks gorgeous with the enhanced update. Played for an hour last night and was just really impressed with how much better and cleaner it looked.
TOTALLY agree. Its really impressive.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

First, the fact that MS added SSX3 to their BC library makes me absolutely giddy. The thing about good videogames is that they are timeless. SSX3 falls into that category for me as it's one of my all-time favorite games. While it's not an X-enhanced title, it definitely takes advantage of the beefed up hardware, looks much improved, and plays just as smooth as I remember it.

A lot of people "just don't get it" when it comes to BC. I'm a huge fan of it and having some of my favorite titles from generations past available to me on one box is a huge check in the plus column for MS.
GT = Wilk5280

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

I know it will not happen due to licensing, but I would love to see IndyCar Series 2005. It is backwards compatible on Xbox 360 and I still enjoy playing it from time to time as it had some great open wheel oval racing.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

DChaps wrote:I know it will not happen due to licensing, but I would love to see IndyCar Series 2005. It is backwards compatible on Xbox 360 and I still enjoy playing it from time to time as it had some great open wheel oval racing.
There was some speculation that the big announcement was going to be full original Xbox backwards compatibility and that's the first game that came to mind for me. I still have my copy, just in case it happens or I get an old 360 for next-to-nothing.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

DChaps wrote:I know it will not happen due to licensing, but I would love to see IndyCar Series 2005. It is backwards compatible on Xbox 360 and I still enjoy playing it from time to time as it had some great open wheel oval racing.
I need to tell you the back story of the development of that game some night on XBL. Interesting and sad.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Dave wrote:
There was some speculation that the big announcement was going to be full original Xbox backwards compatibility and that's the first game that came to mind for me. I still have my copy, just in case it happens or I get an old 360 for next-to-nothing.
Man would I love to play those x-men games again
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Wilk5280 wrote:First, the fact that MS added SSX3 to their BC library makes me absolutely giddy. The thing about good videogames is that they are timeless. SSX3 falls into that category for me as it's one of my all-time favorite games. While it's not an X-enhanced title, it definitely takes advantage of the beefed up hardware, looks much improved, and plays just as smooth as I remember it.

A lot of people "just don't get it" when it comes to BC. I'm a huge fan of it and having some of my favorite titles from generations past available to me on one box is a huge check in the plus column for MS.
SSX3 was one of my all time favorites. I just went through my old xbox games to make sure I still have it. Found it along with some other BC titles in my collection.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

pk500 wrote:
I need to tell you the back story of the development of that game some night on XBL. Interesting and sad.
I want a new World of Outlaws... :D
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Teal wrote:
pk500 wrote:
I want a new World of Outlaws... :D
Oh, YES. Easily the best racing game on the PS2.

"KUH-WICK TIIIIIIME!" :)

"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

I am finally upgrading to an Xbox One X and while eventually I am planning on purchasing a 65 in TCL series 6 TV, that will probably not be for several months. Therefore, I am looking for the best bang for buck option to take advantage of the 4K UHD aspect of the Xbox One X. I have a decent PC with a GeForce GTX 1080 GTX, but I still have a pretty budget monitor. Thinking of trying to kill two birds with one stone by getting decent 4K UHD monitor to go along with the PC and Xbox One X, but it seems that the monitors are more expensive than the TV's. Anyone had a decent X1X experience with a cheap $300 or so TV/,monitor? Thanks!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

DChaps wrote:I am finally upgrading to an Xbox One X and while eventually I am planning on purchasing a 65 in TCL series 6 TV, that will probably not be for several months. Therefore, I am looking for the best bang for buck option to take advantage of the 4K UHD aspect of the Xbox One X. I have a decent PC with a GeForce GTX 1080 GTX, but I still have a pretty budget monitor. Thinking of trying to kill two birds with one stone by getting decent 4K UHD monitor to go along with the PC and Xbox One X, but it seems that the monitors are more expensive than the TV's. Anyone had a decent X1X experience with a cheap $300 or so TV/,monitor? Thanks!
Might want to check these out. Not in your price range but will solve the 2 birds problem.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/0 ... -hands-on/
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

I just came to the realization that I'm a happy gamer when I have a lot of titles at my fingertips, and the ability to play them risk free. Hence...Xbox Game Pass!

I've got a whole bunch in the download queue....Any hidden gems on the list?

I would agree with some that the lineup could be stronger overall, but I think the variety will be a draw for me. For example, I don't think there's anyway I would have bought that EA Skyline city building game, but now I can see myself playing around with it when I want something low key.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DChaps wrote:I am finally upgrading to an Xbox One X and while eventually I am planning on purchasing a 65 in TCL series 6 TV, that will probably not be for several months. Therefore, I am looking for the best bang for buck option to take advantage of the 4K UHD aspect of the Xbox One X. I have a decent PC with a GeForce GTX 1080 GTX, but I still have a pretty budget monitor. Thinking of trying to kill two birds with one stone by getting decent 4K UHD monitor to go along with the PC and Xbox One X, but it seems that the monitors are more expensive than the TV's. Anyone had a decent X1X experience with a cheap $300 or so TV/,monitor? Thanks!
I'm reading multiple rave reviews of XBox One X gamers using the new 43" TCL, 5-Series HDTV (mod# 43S517). Best Buy has them for $349.99. 4.8 out of five stars in 13 reviews at Best Buy isn't too shabby either. I think a screen that size would not need the full array local dimming as much as a >50" screen.

I'm so pleased with my 55" 6-Series I bought earlier this month from Amazon. It truly has exceeded every expectation I had for it. It works wonderfully with the XBox One X. I didn't know what I'd been missing until I coupled that pair together. My PC games also benefit from the TCL's higher color and light range. I suggest you pop in to Best Buy and check one out, if they have one on display.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Thanks for the tips guys. Will do!

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Would any of these take advantage of the Xbox One X 4K while still allowing for PC gaming?

Samsung U28E590D 28" TN 4K UHD Gaming LED Monitor - $299
http://www.microcenter.com/product/4519 ... ED_Monitor

LG 27UD58-B 27" IPS 4K UHD LED Monitor - $299
http://www.microcenter.com/product/4795 ... ED_Monitor

LG 32UD59-B 32" VA 4K UHD Gaming LED Monitor - $379
http://www.microcenter.com/product/4846 ... ED_Monitor

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

DChaps wrote:Would any of these take advantage of the Xbox One X 4K while still allowing for PC gaming?

Samsung U28E590D 28" TN 4K UHD Gaming LED Monitor - $299
http://www.microcenter.com/product/4519 ... ED_Monitor

LG 27UD58-B 27" IPS 4K UHD LED Monitor - $299
http://www.microcenter.com/product/4795 ... ED_Monitor

LG 32UD59-B 32" VA 4K UHD Gaming LED Monitor - $379
http://www.microcenter.com/product/4846 ... ED_Monitor
This one is the one I currently have until I can get the 55" TCL 6 series TV....

https://computers.woot.com/offers/hp-om ... eQQAvD_BwE

This one also will utilize FreeSync with the X1X as well.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Finally got the Xbox One X up and running on my new 4K TCL TV. Started with Forza 7, Forza Horizon 3, Isle of Man TT, WRC 7, Battlefront II, PUBG, Fortnight, Red Dead Redemption, original Forza Horizon (all still downloading and installing).

Dumb Question #1 - Is there a way to know for sure you are running the 4K version of the game?
Dumb Question #2 - Even though it's a 1TB console, these 4K digital downloads are filling up my hard drive very fast. Is there a DSP preferred/recommended external hard drive for Xbox One X?

Anyone had issues with the One X like half freezing? I don't know exactly how to explain, but I have brand new high end batteries in the new controller and there are times where it just does not respond even when I am siting right next to it, no obstruction. I thought the console was locked up, but when I would hold the X key, it would bring up the option to shut down controller or shut down console. However, it would not allow me to navigate using dpad or sticks to the button to click ok. Other times it would not allow me to scroll through the tabs, although I could still select. Never had an issue like this on my original XB1.

First game I run was Isle of Man TT and WOW was it stunning. Hard to believe that game could get better, but it was an impressive upgrade on track. In the menus I am noticing some weird stretching and flashing that I never saw on the original, but on track I saw no issues.

Any recommendations on settings to change on the Xbox One X or the TCL to get the best experience? Thanks!

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Tough to say on the "for sure 4K?" question. Most of the time, you can just clearly tell. But others, the developers are smarter about running something at a higher resolution than 1920x1080, and then upscaling to 4K. There's no definitive way that I know of to know with absolute certainty.

For external storage, I use a Seagate STGG8000400 Game Drive. I've got 139 games installed and it's barely at 50% capacity, so I don't see filling that up anytime soon.

I've definitely seen a "delay" when browsing the main menu and jumping windows, but I wondered if that was XBox Preview program code. I've even had the console freeze on me a handful of times. Overall, it's not occurring enough for me to be overly concerned with it, but it's definitely sluggish and not always stable for me. I'm running the Scorpio Edition, FWIW.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

DChaps wrote:Finally got the Xbox One X up and running on my new 4K TCL TV. Started with Forza 7, Forza Horizon 3, Isle of Man TT, WRC 7, Battlefront II, PUBG, Fortnight, Red Dead Redemption, original Forza Horizon (all still downloading and installing).

Dumb Question #1 - Is there a way to know for sure you are running the 4K version of the game?
Dumb Question #2 - Even though it's a 1TB console, these 4K digital downloads are filling up my hard drive very fast. Is there a DSP preferred/recommended external hard drive for Xbox One X?
#1. My LG OLED has a brief HDR, Dolby Vision, etc.. icon that appears when it's displaying 4K-ish content.
#2. I bought a "WD - easystore® 4TB External USB 3.0" one day when it was on sale one day for $80. It's great. I literally have EVERY game I could possible play right now and it's only 40% full.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Finally picked up a One X. If any of you bitches haven’t added me yet, do it!
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Murph wrote:Finally picked up a One X. If any of you bitches haven’t added me yet, do it!
I took advantage of the Xbox One X deal at gamestop on Saturday. They gave me $250 credit for my Xbox one S and they also gave me a free $60 game of my choice(Far Cry 5) plus a free month of game pass. Total price out the door was $269.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Rainway should let Xbox One owners stream existing PC games in 2019

Towards the beginning of this year, a service called Rainway made headlines by announcing that it would allow you to stream your existing PC games to Xbox One. There are already ways to stream PC games to Xbox One — like through Miracast — but that results in a lot of lag.

While Rainway isn't a traditional subscription-based streaming service like PlayStation Now, it still allows you to play all of your existing PC games on a number of devices as long as they're connected to the internet. You have to download a Rainway client on your PC and then can access your games even from a browser. The developer claims to offer minimal latency no matter if you're on a mobile device or an Xbox One.

A few days ago, Andrew Sampson, the founder and CEO of Rainway said, "I'm also happy to share that our first major game console release will be for the Xbox One in Q1 of 2019  —  enabling all Xbox One owners to play their PC games on the console."

Hopefully Rainway will prevail where other services have failed. The main problem with game streaming is the input lag. If your internet connection isn't strong enough or there's an issue with the servers, games can become unplayable. Hopefully the team of Rainway has taken that into account and worked out a feasible solution. However, only time will tell. We'll provide you with more information as soon as we can test out the Xbox One version.

https://www.windowscentral.com/rainway- ... soles-2019
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The other problem with streaming services is data cap. My ISP gives me 1 TB per month which for my area is really generous but I would eat through that pretty quick especially since i'm a cord cutter and all of my TV and Sports viewing is via the internet.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Fora Horizon 4 demo supposed to be available sometime today, 27 GB download.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone