Xbox One X Impressions

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox One X Impressions

Post by greggsand »

"When you view your library, in the upper right, instead of "All" put it on "Xbox One Enhanced". That shows you games either in your library or ready to install that are enhanced."

Yes! Thanks!
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

For all of you that didn't notice the blatant elevated black levels - you're lucky. I am sensitive to that stuff so I noticed it immediately. But I can confirm it has been fixed in the latest beta update.

Oh - and it was 100% for real. AVS Forums was having a minor meltdown over it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher ... 48c23e2bde
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Spooky wrote:For all of you that didn't notice the blatant elevated black levels - you're lucky. I am sensitive to that stuff so I noticed it immediately. But I can confirm it has been fixed in the latest beta update.

Oh - and it was 100% for real. AVS Forums was having a minor meltdown over it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher ... 48c23e2bde
Thanks for the update Spooky - I've been afraid do any non-gamer stuff on the X because I didn't want to get myself mad over it. I was planning to give it a try once I got the go ahead from folks like yourself.

Is a beta update something that's available to all users? Sorry - can't remember what that means exactly.

Thanks! And glad it's fixed!

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Madden. Wow.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just played Fortnite for about an hour or so. Pretty fun game. I am anxious to play Player Unknown Battlegrounds after playing Fortnite. They are similar...Battle royal style play on an ever shrinking map. I’ve been watching PUBG for a bit on Mixer and it looks fun. Solo play might be challenging but playing with a partner or a squad should be fun.

XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Spooky wrote:Madden. Wow.
Yes.

Im back to MUT for the time being due this.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I have no idea how they did it but they made the backwards compatible Skate 3 look fantastic on the X. It definitely doesn’t look like a 360 game now.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I have no idea how they did it but they made the backwards compatible Skate 3 look fantastic on the X. It definitely doesn’t look like a 360 game now.
Agreed. Looks great for a 7 year old game. Now if we could only get R6 Vegas!!!
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

I posted the following on the HBS TGC2 forum and need the DSP community’s input as well:

Ok guys (and gals) I need some advice. My wife has agreed on the purchase of an Xbox One for our house so that my grandchildren can play Sims 4 recently released for Xbox One & PS4.

I like what I’m reading about the Xbox One X so far with the gameplay performance improvement for TGC2 and some other games. However, my wife asked my son about the Xbox One X ($499) compared to the Xbox One S (currently on sale for $189 which includes 1 free game & 1 month free Xbox Live) and since he recently purchased an Xbox One S he said he’s completely satisfied with it. Well, you can guess which Xbox One my wife thinks we should buy. :roll:

What can I say to “sell” her on getting the Xbox One X? 8O

-MERACE

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Future proof as a great streaming box to a 4K HDR TV...runs cooler, runs better, loads faster, etc. Lots of reasons. Maybe not 300 reasons, but it's worth the investment IMO. Also, you never want to say "I should have" with technology. Buy the best/fastest you can comfortably afford. It'll last longer that way.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

That's a pretty big price delta.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

10spro, this is the wireless headset I was looking forward to coming out for the Xbox in December, they got delayed until next year:

LucidSound LS15X https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0721654PH/_e ... BAR89ZJ9G6
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

MERACE wrote:I posted the following on the HBS TGC2 forum and need the DSP community’s input as well:

Ok guys (and gals) I need some advice. My wife has agreed on the purchase of an Xbox One for our house so that my grandchildren can play Sims 4 recently released for Xbox One & PS4.

I like what I’m reading about the Xbox One X so far with the gameplay performance improvement for TGC2 and some other games. However, my wife asked my son about the Xbox One X ($499) compared to the Xbox One S (currently on sale for $189 which includes 1 free game & 1 month free Xbox Live) and since he recently purchased an Xbox One S he said he’s completely satisfied with it. Well, you can guess which Xbox One my wife thinks we should buy. :roll:

What can I say to “sell” her on getting the Xbox One X? 8O

-MERACE
XB1 X is the only console that is fully compatible ands takes full advantage of a 4K/HDR TV (assuming you have one). Would she buy that? Also it can be used tp play 4K movies.

If you don't have the TV for it I would just get the XB1 S.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I teetered on the fence about buying an X at this point because I can't afford a 4K Ultra HD display until March, but I got swayed by some posts I read in the official Forza forum yesterday. There's a thread about 'should I buy an XBox One X for use with a 1080p display', and there was enough qualified, subjective and objective data there that made me transition to "buy".

I also got a message from a Project CARS 1 friend who'd bought an X and said that it did clean up the slowdowns in that game, which I still play and would play on the One a lot more if it didn't bog down in spots. Tim's (DivotMaker) report in the HB Studios forum that TGC 2's swing on the XBox One X is almost as smooth as his high end gaming PC was also a catalyst in this decision.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

John,

I played the X on a 1080p TV the first couple weeks I owned the system and the experience was definitely positive. While you won't see all the benefits by not having a 4K UHD+HDR TV right now, you will notice graphical improvements, performance improvements, and increased loading times. In 4 months once you make that TV purchase, it will seem like a brand new console to you, but might as well enjoy the added benefits you get over the system now, especially with those games that you mentioned.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

As a thank you, early adopters of the X are supposedly going to be receiving a digital code for the Lego Batman movie in UHD.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote:As a thank you, early adopters of the X are supposedly going to be receiving a digital code for the Lego Batman movie in UHD.
Really, do you know when?

Based on all my MS accounts I walked away with $30 of credit last week when they gave out those $5 Gift code. Made the purchase of SWBF 2 easier.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:As a thank you, early adopters of the X are supposedly going to be receiving a digital code for the Lego Batman movie in UHD.
Really, do you know when?

Based on all my MS accounts I walked away with $30 of credit last week when they gave out those $5 Gift code. Made the purchase of SWBF 2 easier.
No, however some Reddit users are reporting receiving them already. I haven't seen anything as of yet.

Here's the article:

https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-rewar ... man-movie/

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Just put in request for RMA for my X1X.....getting a new Scorpio sent out ASAP for $15.00.....went straight to MS because none of the retailers have the Scorpio edition available. MS does.

Crashed over and over playing TGC2 and finally crashed, power button flashed wildly for 10 seconds then heard this terrible clicking noise that continued for about a minute.....

Should have my new one by the end of the week.

Disappointing start.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

DivotMaker wrote:Just put in request for RMA for my X1X.....getting a new Scorpio sent out ASAP for $15.00.....went straight to MS because none of the retailers have the Scorpio edition available. MS does.

Crashed over and over playing TGC2 and finally crashed, power button flashed wildly for 10 seconds then heard this terrible clicking noise that continued for about a minute.....

Disappointing start.
Big shock from a Microsoft Console. Sadly.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:Just put in request for RMA for my X1X.....getting a new Scorpio sent out ASAP for $15.00.....went straight to MS because none of the retailers have the Scorpio edition available. MS does.

Disappointing start.
Big shock from a Microsoft Console. Sadly.
I am having flashbacks to 2005......

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I'm very pleased with the XBox One X so far and I don't see any way I'm going to have any regrets about the premature jump to it, even without a 4K Ultra HD display. The first game I played turned out to be TGC 2, because it was the smallest file size to transfer from my stock XB1.

I immediately noted the more sensitive responsiveness of the swing interface on the X. Instead of the 50% "Perfect/Perfect" tempos I was getting with the stock XB1, I'd say I'm getting 80 to 85% "Perect/Perfect on the X. The putting stroke is where the biggest dividends lie, as I'm now able to more proportionally modulate the putting stroke to regulate the distance better. I only had one 3-putt over two rounds that I attributed to improper putt stroke distance regulation.

Graphically, I do see the improvements, particularly within say 50 feet of my golfer. The first thing I noticed was the blemishes and skin discoloration in my golfer's legs and arms, as I have him adorned in shorts and a short sleeve shirt. Also, whenever I'd get into some heavy, patchy rough, the grass had considerably more definition within maybe 25 feet of my golfer.

I had TGC 2 loaded on the same course on both of my XBoxes for an A/B comparison. It was hard to properly gauge the difference the way I wanted to because the two machines are scaled differently for lighting and color levels. I need to work on this a bit, but after tweaking my HDTV's brightness and color level, I was able to see an improvement in sharpness and lighting range with the X.

Oh, I love the stick tensioning feature the new XBox One controllers have. I set my Elite controller aside for my two rounds in TGC2 and played with more rigid stick tension on full shots, and normal on touch shots and putts.... pretty dang cool. It almost seems like an unfair advantage ???

Project CARS 1 is where the X impressed me the most... I don't think the frame rate ever dropped below 60 FPS in my 6 lap race at Imola, in my 67 Lotus Grand Prix car. I could tell a minor improvement in the textures up close, but that didn't compare to the enhanced feel and responsiveness of the cars.

I'm having to downoad Forza 7 from scratch to get the full benefits of the enhanced version, most notably, the supersampled rendition of the 4K version for my 1080p HDTV. It's a whopping 95 GB, and is only about 50% done now.

Suffice it to say, I'm sure I won't have any regrets about buying an X with a 1080 HDTV for now, but it's for dang sure I'm going to be in Nirvana when I buy a 4K Ultra HD display in March!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Just had my first go at Forza 7 with the X... OMG... it was a fused, associative aesthetic experience - I'm speachless 8)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

https://bethesda.net/en/article/3Fc5lXA ... ocialMedia

Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 get X treatment
Last edited by Danimal on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Disappointing start.
That sucks. I had an issue the other day with mine, the controller just stopped working and it wouldn't resync nor would any other controller. I had to do the hard reset on the XB1X for it to work again. Luckily didn't happen again yet.
Follow Me on: