AC Origins

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: AC Origins

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Well, I finally finished the main story (a little clunky towards the end), clocking in at just over 50 hours. I'm only at level 36, and there are still a half dozen areas I haven't even ventured into yet. And who know how many side quests are left... The game is incredible and just SO MUCH fun to play...

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

I'm not too far into this one yet, but enjoying it so far.

It's actually my first Assassin's Creed game since I dabbled briefly in number 2.

I like the nice balance between intense encounters, traversing around, scouting with that eagle and all the other little things (diving for treasure, etc...). I'm constantly able to change things up based on my mood.

Throw all of that variety in a huge, beautiful open world on the One X, and things are really good. I do like the main character so far, and even though a lot of the cut-scene interactions have a lot to be desired graphically, it's good light video game fare that does a decent job at keeping the player engaged.

It's definitely more of an RPG than I expected - and usually I get way too overwhelmed with those. However, I think they've done a very good job at making everything in the menus/HUD easy to decipher.

Overall, as a package, it's quite impressive. I never thought I'd get back into this series, so well done Ubisoft!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Finished the main story yesterday...which is something I rarely do. I really enjoyed it. Solid story, plenty to do, etc. Well worth the time I put into it.

Now onto Horizon Zero Dawn which I have played about 2 hours of and LOVE.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Diablo25 wrote:Finished the main story yesterday...which is something I rarely do. I really enjoyed it. Solid story, plenty to do, etc. Well worth the time I put into it.

Now onto Horizon Zero Dawn which I have played about 2 hours of and LOVE.
I've probably played 20 hours past the end of the story, which is something I never do.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

If you own this game, you have to go back in and find the new quest "A gift from the gods". It's worth it... :D
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Trying to get into this one. Does it pick up after the 1st city? Should I just go outside the city and explore? Any suggestions?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

The entire first city (assuming you mean Siwa itself) is a tutorial, so yeah. Everything in that area--the side missions, "big" assassination in the area, etc., is nothing but a tutorial for how the systems work. You can pick a direction and go find stuff, but if you see enemies with red skulls above their head (in that tutorial area, there's a particular area where it'll be obvious. You try to attack the guys and they'll 1-hit you), then you don't want to do that yet. If you go to far, it will be obvious. It will say "new area discovered", and you'll suddenly be surrounded by things 35 levels higher than you. So don't do that, either.

If you follow the story quests and "finish" that tutorial zone, it opens up quite a bit.

After a couple of months, this is still one of my favorite gaming experiences I've had in this generation. I guess it just hits everything I like about RPGs and action games in general, with production values that are off the charts.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Thanks! I'll try giving it a shot again.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I will say that if you don't enjoy that type of gameplay---exploring, looking around, examining every nook and cranny for collectibles, etc...it's not going to go from "this bores me" to "this is awesome!" once you get out of that area, though.

It opens up...the world gets much, much bigger, and you're traversing larger cuts of land on quests, but the core systems remain the same. The story started getting interesting to me after about 10 hours, I think, but it's not like the game completely changes, either.

Not everybody will love it. I definitely do, however.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I dont know why anyone wouldnt love it.

Once you get past the slightly annoying tutorial and get used to the game play its a beautiful game with plenty to do.

Not perfect and the story isnt the best but it accomplishes what a games purpose should do with ease. Its damn fun. Hours and hours of fun.

Game of the year stuff.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:I dont know why anyone wouldnt love it.

Once you get past the slightly annoying tutorial and get used to the game play its a beautiful game with plenty to do.

Not perfect and the story isnt the best but it accomplishes what a games purpose should do with ease. Its damn fun. Hours and hours of fun.

Game of the year stuff.
Co Signed. Excellent description.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Just finished the main story line. Very much looking forward to DLC.

I do love playing this game but I do have a MINOR problem with it....I Hate the f***in animus and this switching characters. Try playing this s*** straight up NEXT time. Thank you in advance.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

XXXIV wrote:Just finished the main story line. Very much looking forward to DLC.

I do love playing this game but I do have a MINOR problem with it....I Hate the f***in animus and this switching characters. Try playing this s*** straight up NEXT time. Thank you in advance.
This has been a problem with this series from Day 1. Not only does it break the narrative of the game, but the entire meta-story is sophomoric, incomprehensible nonsense.

My two favorites in the series, Origins and Black Flag, also had the least amount of time spent screwing around in the other timeline.

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Antsy in the pantsy when is the damn DLC coming?

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

XXXIV wrote:Antsy in the pantsy when is the damn DLC coming?
https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/game ... ns-january

Level cap increase...nice!

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

RobVarak wrote:
XXXIV wrote:Antsy in the pantsy when is the damn DLC coming?
https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/game ... ns-january

Level cap increase...nice!
Sweet!
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

3G patch released yesterday setting up next weeks Hidden Ones DLC.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... 4-Xbox-One

Included a side quest I did last night.

Really looking forward to the DLC. Im still playing this every night.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:3G patch released yesterday setting up next weeks Hidden Ones DLC.

Told you it was bad ass :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:
XXXIV wrote:3G patch released yesterday setting up next weeks Hidden Ones DLC.

Told you it was bad ass :D
You did.

When I make my next list it will be probably top 5. Top 10 for sure.

EDIT: Started listing not top 5. :P

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yeah, I thought you weren't feeling it before, Alex? I played it through twice, and haven't played it in about a month (got back into Dragon's Dogma and then Witcher 3 in my limited sessions recently), but it's still one of my favorite games of all time. I'll dive back into it at some point and marvel at it all over again.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

IDK I try and play a few times a week but I usually am bored after 1 hour. Sneaking into the forts and what not to kill people and it just feels the same after a while. I'm not sure what i am missing that everyone else is feeling. I loved Witcher 3 and this is by far the best AC but I can't really tell you any epic quests I've done, where I could sit here and list a half dozen Witcher 3 quests I remember.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:IDK I try and play a few times a week but I usually am bored after 1 hour. Sneaking into the forts and what not to kill people and it just feels the same after a while. I'm not sure what i am missing that everyone else is feeling. I loved Witcher 3 and this is by far the best AC but I can't really tell you any epic quests I've done, where I could sit here and list a half dozen Witcher 3 quests I remember.
I rented it through Red-box last weekend. Only put a few hours in to the game, but wasn't feeling it either. I'm not a fan of the combat first and foremost. It just feels too clumsy after playing other games. Not to mention there were several times I couldn't see the enemy I was fighting. A wall or tree had blurred my vision. Or I was shooting arrows at what I thought was the enemy, but was a white silhouette. It was simply shooting at a wall or whatever. Lastly, I didn't care for the the map and the way it is set up with all the different icons on the screen.

Perhaps I knew going in I wasn't going to devote 50-70 hours of this game, so maybe that had some effect on my enjoyment. Either way, it's a gorgeous game but I noticed a few shortcomings in my limited time with it.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yes it is by no means a bad game and visually the world they created rivals the Witcher but I just feel like I'm dong the same thing over and over. I haven't had any quests effect me like say the Bloody Baron quest in Witcher 3.

So when I see everyone rave about it I'm wondering am I missing something? I've mainly stuck to the story quest and seldom venture off those.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

TCrouch wrote:Yeah, I thought you weren't feeling it before, Alex? I played it through twice, and haven't played it in about a month (got back into Dragon's Dogma and then Witcher 3 in my limited sessions recently), but it's still one of my favorite games of all time. I'll dive back into it at some point and marvel at it all over again.
It took me a lil while to warm up to it but once I warmed up I really warmed up.

Its as fun to play as Witcher 3 without the depth which is not a bad thing. I can just jump in and play without worrying about things like potions, mutagens or upsetting my in videogame gf.

P.S. I miss you Triss. 8)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Played DLC tonight.

More of the same.

I like.