Forza 7

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Forza 7

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Dave wrote:Yeah, the load times are annoying.

One thing I noticed is that at least with the cockpit view, the IndyCar is a lot more 'violent' ride this year. I was trying the Josef Newgarden Rivals event and completely messed up turn 1 at Road America on my first lap because of how bumpy it was on the straightaway. Not sure if it is Turn 10 trying to more accurately model the stiffness of an IndyCar or if they re-scanned the track, but I thought it added a lot of intensity to the driving.
You can tone down how much shaking there is if you want. It's in the graphics settings. It annoyed me, tho it's probably more realistic.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

I am in a love/hate relationship with this game right now. So many omissions and baffling design decisions, but also some very fun racing (at times). I can't believe that I am now in force feedback tweaking hell with a Forza game, where I am loving the default force feedback in Project Cars 2, what an odd reversal. However, two recent highlights are the Rivals Indycar Challenge with Josef Newgarden and some new tunes from gtFOOTw.

Real world series Indycar champion and alien skilled on a console as well. If you can beat his current time in this event (1:43.807), you will get a prize. I am currently over 10 seconds off, but it is still fun trying to catch Paul's ghost. Everyone go post a time in honor of the current Indycar champ!

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn ... ivals.aspx

My favorite tuner from previous FM games has started posting Open Source tunes for FM7 and his first one converts that 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS from a horrible mess to something that is actually fun to drive. Can't wait for him to post more. See below for more:
gtFOOTw - Exotic GT - 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn ... ost_795525

Time by me:
Road America 2:11.750, #2 World (Only 339 posted at the time, lol)

BUILD
Race diff.

TUNE
psi 28/28
camber -2.5/-1.5
toe 0/-.3
caster 5.5
ARBs 15/22
springs 640/960
ride 5.2/5.3
rebound 8.7/13
bump 6.5/9.8
brakes 48/140
diff. 35/70

Enjoy, feedback welcomed.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

DChaps wrote:Real world series Indycar champion and alien skilled on a console as well. If you can beat his current time in this event (1:43.807), you will get a prize. I am currently over 10 seconds off, but it is still fun trying to catch Paul's ghost. Everyone go post a time in honor of the current Indycar champ!
Man, I didn't notice he got down into the 1:43s. I felt good being in the top 10% for a while, but that's clearly not going to get it done...Turn 10 better have a hell of a prize ready for anyone who can beat Newgarden.

I agree that it's a cool event, hoping they do more like it in the coming months with other drivers (who might not be ridiculously good).

Hoping to get a chance to play with a wheel tomorrow, although your comments have me a little concerned that I won't have a great time out of the box.

The loot crate stuff isn't bothering me now that I know the traditional 2x VIP rewards are coming back. I don't care enough about the other perks from the crates like driver suits and mods locked in them.

I've enjoyed racing with the AI more in this version than any previous Forza, so I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. I do wish there was a medium race setting, going from short to long is too wide of a gap for the amount of time I have to put into the game each night.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Played online this morning for the first time since (I think) Forza 4. It was pretty much everything I expected it to be - got crashed on a straight a couple times, the first few turns were always a clusterf*ck, and there are some aliens out there in the IndyCar hopper. Those guys were insanely fast, felt bad a couple times when I was inadvertently too slow in a fast corner early in a race and someone just wiped me out since they could take the corner that much faster.

Also had a chance to play on a sweet set-up at the local Microsoft Store - game was running on the X with a PlaySeat and a Thrustmaster wheel. It made me want an X, that's for sure.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm glad I got this game for free as I would be pissed at monitization model they've put in place.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Dave wrote:and there are some aliens out there in the IndyCar hopper. Those guys were insanely fast,
I still haven't figured how certain gamers can be so fast in a videogame. I was doing some hot laps in Long Beach the other day in Forza 6 and the top of the Leaderboards was filled with Jeep Willy's. It wasn't until I saw what a Jeep Willy is that just made me think someone found a glitch.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:I'm glad I got this game for free as I would be pissed at monitization model they've put in place.
My two biggest quibbles are homologation and the neutering of the Rivals system.

One of the joys of past Forza games was to take an E class sh*tbox and upgrade and tune it to the point where it could run in an S or R class race. Unrealistic? Yes. Fun as hell? You bet.

Rivals WAS the best feature in the last two Forza games. There used to be Rivals Challenges for every damn car class, plus a bunch of categories. Now there are Rivals Challenges in just a handful of categories, with nothing class-based. Kills what was a great mode.

The game is gorgeous, with an incredible array of machinery. The driving model is very fun. Forza 7 still is an impressive package. But homologation and the emasculation of Rivals are frustrating.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

I assume that if I'm to have any honor, I shouldn't be driving with the racing line assist, correct? I see that even on the "hard" difficulty, it shows the braking line, but I've been trying to drive without any line.

What do you guys do? I sort of feel like using it would be like tracing a picture and then claiming the art as my own! But maybe it's there because unless you are using VR, you can't really see the turn on the screen well enough to judge angles like in real life?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fanatic wrote:I assume that if I'm to have any honor, I shouldn't be driving with the racing line assist, correct? I see that even on the "hard" difficulty, it shows the braking line, but I've been trying to drive without any line.

What do you guys do? I sort of feel like using it would be like tracing a picture and then claiming the art as my own! But maybe it's there because unless you are using VR, you can't really see the turn on the screen well enough to judge angles like in real life?
Drive with the assists with which you are most comfortable and gain the most enjoyment. That's the most honorable thing! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

fanatic wrote:I assume that if I'm to have any honor, I shouldn't be driving with the racing line assist, correct? I see that even on the "hard" difficulty, it shows the braking line, but I've been trying to drive without any line.

I use the braking line, just don't have the time to learn each track. Like PK said, the point of the game is to have fun so do whatever it takes to make it fun.

The line isn't perfect, so there fun to be had finding where you can push the car. It also helps give you a heads-up about what to expect from the AI, which I appreciate.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Thanks guys - Yeah, it's taking me a while to learn each track, so I think the braking line can take a bit of the learning curve out of the process. :D

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:Drive with the assists with which you are most comfortable and gain the most enjoyment. That's the most honorable thing! :)
Yup, especially if you're using a controller instead of a wheel. I use a couple of assist since I don't have a wheel.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I always use the braking line in Forza or console games. I'm not ashamed to admit it.

It's a pretty big crutch, and will make you SLOWER if you adhere to it. The lines are typically very conservative, but if you treat it as a "here's the recommended point", and push a little bit further each time, you'll carve seconds off of your lap times as opposed to just mentally doing it each time. What you have to watch out for is treating it as the be-all, end-all for your braking zones. Because if you're following another car, what happens? Can't see the line, you're rear-ending them because you didn't know where to brake.

So I treat it as another piece of information to process as you race. Use it, but also make a quick glance for visual references when you hit those braking points, so as you get to racing, you can use the line AND visual cues to be more accurate.

It makes quickly being much more precise easily doable. You can spend a bunch of time finding visual reference points lap after lap and screwing up corners, or you can just jump into a random track and race.

I have iRacing for all the serious crap with no line. I have no problem running any console game with a braking line on.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Yep. I use the braking line in every damn console racing game I own with asphalt surfaces.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Rolex 24 At Daytona - Hot Lap Challenge

In honor of the Rolex 24 at Daytona this weekend, I am running a hot lap challenge in Forza 7 for the weekend. Just post a clean lap on the Daytona Sports Car Circuit (Day) for 4 car divisions, 2 that somewhat replicate the modern Prototype and GT Le Mans classes, and two that pay homage to the historic Daytona 24 winners of the late 1960's and the late 1980's/early 1990's. The Car Divisions are as follows:

Forza P2 - 8 Options
https://www.kudosprime.com/f7/carlist.php?cartype=18

This is our modern Prototype class, and unfortunately the class has changed quite a bit in the last year so really none of the current 2018 cars are properly represented in Forza 7, however, the cars below are ones that have recently competed and/or won at Daytona, but feel free to pick any of the 8 options in this class.

2015 Chevrolet #10 Konica Minolta Corvette Daytona Prototype
2015 Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley MK XXVI Daytona Prototype
2014 Mazda #70 SpeedSource Lola B12/80

Forza GT - 27 Options
https://www.kudosprime.com/f7/carlist.php?cartype=16

This is the GT Le Mans class (GTLM) and has quite a bit of options to chose from. If you want to go for current or recent Daytona 24 participants, see the list below, but again feel free to pick whatever car from this division that you want to run.

2017 Porsche #92 Porsche GT Team 911 RSR
2017 BMW #24 BMW Team RLL M6 GTLM
2016 Ford #66 Ford Racing GT Le Mans
2014 Chevrolet #3 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R
2014 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione 458 Italia GTLM

Early Prototype Racers - 14 Models

https://www.kudosprime.com/f7/carlist.php?cartype=3

Turn 10 has done a great job with this division, and has some of my favorite Prototype/Endurance racing cars of all time in the list. Some past winners are listed below, but again feel free to pick from any of the 14 models. I am going with Dan Gurney's team of the All American Racers Toyota Eagle Mk III.

1988 Jaguar #1 Jaguar Racing XJR-9
1988 Jaguar #60 Castrol Jaguar Racing XJR-9
1988 Porsche #17 Porsche Dunlop 962C
1987 Porsche #17 Porsche AG 962C
1991 Nissan #23 Nissan R91CP
1992 Toyota #99 All American Racers Toyota Eagle Mk III
1998 Ferrari #12 Risi Competizione F333 SP
1998 Ferrari #30 MOMO Doran Racing F333 SP

Prototype Group Racing - 8 Models
https://www.kudosprime.com/f7/carlist.php?cartype=41

Another great set of classic Prototype's that competed and/or won at Daytona 24 back in the late 60's. I will be going with the 1969 Lola #6 Penske Sunoco T70 MklllB

1966 Ford #2 GT40 Mk II Le Mans
1967 Ferrari #24 Ferrari Spa 330 P4
1969 Lola #6 Penske Sunoco T70 MklllB

So, since Turn 10 managed to completely ruin the Rivals/Hot Lapping with no explanation, how do I post these times and how do I look at how I am comparing to my friends on the Leaderboards? Well, the good news is there is a way to do it using Free Play, you can earn more CR/XP while you are hotlapping than when you are in Rivals, and you can even race against your own ghost (although only your current best lap ghost for that session). Biggest drawback is of course that you can't select your friends ghost to race against (Why Turn 10, why?!?). So here is the process:

1- Go to Free Play, Setup, Race Setup
2- Scroll though the environments and select Daytona Intl Speedway
3- Hit X on the controller to select specific tracks
4- Select Sports Car Circuit and hit A on the controller
** You can also hit Y here to view the Leaderboards for the current Track, Car Division, and Environment (Day/Night/Rain)
5- Now configure the rest of the setup as follows:
Number of Laps = 3 to 24 (how ever many laps you want to configure for your hot lapping session. The more laps, the more CR/XP you receive when complete)
Max Drivatars = 0 (other cars on the track will usually dirty the lap, so for hotlapping I keep this at zero)
Track Scenario = Day (I am currently posting times for just day, but I may do night as well if I have enough time over the weekend and if it seems fun)
Car Division = Early Prototype Racers (or which ever of the Car Divisions mentioned above that you are trying out)
6- Now hit A on the controller to Accept the changes (important, if you hit B, for back all your changes are lost)
7- Now you can select your Car, Tuning and Upgrades, Assists, etc.
8- If you want to be able to hot lap against your own ghost during the session, now go to Options, HUD, and make sure Ghosts are set to ON and not off or RIVALS ONLY. This allows you to race against your own ghost of your best lap of the current race/session you are running. It always resets the next time you race and does not save your fastest ghost to run against next time, but at leat it gives you something to shoot for within the session.
9- Now go back to the Race Info tab, select the Mods you want to use to get the most XP/CR and select Go to Race
10- When your race/number of laps is complete, it will also give you the chance to view leaderboards
11-) Unfortunately, you can't just then re-run the same race as the Freeplay mode will now try to "choose" the next venue for you. I just select "Quit" at this point, which then gives me my XP/CR rewards, and then I can go back and setup another session.

Feel free to use any setups, assists, etc. that you like, just don't upgrade the cars out of their current Car Divisions. I have already posted some weak times in the

Forza P2
1:42.692 - 2015 Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley MK XXVI Daytona Prototype

Early Prototype Racers
1:44.452 - 1992 Toyota #99 All American Racers Toyota Eagle Mk III

Helpful links for the Rolex 24 at Daytona:
https://www.imsa.com/events/2018-rolex-24-daytona
https://www.imsa.com/sites/default/file ... ide_v1.pdf
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_Hours_of_Daytona

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Thanks for setting this up, the 80s/90s prototypes are some of my favorite cars in the game.

Pretty fun going from a fairly well-behaved modern prototype to the brutally fast Porsche 962. So much harder to lay down a clean lap in the older cars, I've lost control under braking into turns 1/2 more times than I can count.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Interesting setup Don... I wish I could participate in this, but I won't have time to run it until Monday afternoon. It's a great idea though and I'm curious to see the final results!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'm all over this tonight, The Donald. Thanks for the setup!

I wish Forza 7 had true, user-customizable multi-class racing like Project Cars 2. But PC 2 is a mess with a controller on the Xbox One, just like PC 1. So I'm more than content to live with the limitations of Forza 7 because it's a far better game than PC 2 for us console peasants who use controllers.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

2018 Bugatti Chiron -- Now in Forza Motorsport 7!
Today we’re launching the next major update for Forza Motorsport 7. We’re excited to announce that today’s update introduces highly requested features to the game, including our new Spectate and Seed the Grid features. This update also includes a host of improvements across all aspects of the game – from performance improvements in multiplayer to UI enhancements in the Forza Driver’s Cup feature, and many more. For the full list of improvements that are included with this update, check out the full release notes on the Forza Forums.

Finally, we have the Dell Gaming Car Pack – available today as part of the Forza Motorsport 7 Car Pass – which brings seven new vehicles to Forza Motorsport 7’s 700+ vehicle lineup, including the most highly anticipated car in recent Forza memory, the 2018 Bugatti Chiron.

Spectate, Seed the Grid & More
We’re happy to introduce both Spectate and Seed the Grid features today, two features that have proven to be among the most heavily requested features from Forza fans. Both features have been re-imagined, rebuilt, and optimized for esports viewing in Forza Motorsport 7.

With Spectate, players can hop into public and private lobbies and view the races as they happen. For Forza Motorsport 7, we’ve put a big emphasis on performance with Spectate. Viewers will notice dramatically improved car movement when spectating races; no stuttering or jittering cars. Live spectating now features the same quality of motion as found when viewing Saved Replays. We’ve also dramatically improved the car positioning. We’ve done away with our old predictive position system which was error-prone. Now, car position in Spectate mode is completely accurate. This increased fidelity eliminates car jittering and phantom collisions, resulting in a dramatically improved viewing experience.

With Forza Motorsport 7’s new Seed the Grid feature, lobby hosts now have the option to set the race grid as they see fit. Before the race, hosts can choose “Grid Order” from the menu to manually reorder the race grid. Hosts can move any player anywhere on the grid and new UI elements highlight additional information on player positioning. Spectating players will automatically be pushed to the back of the grid, regardless of where they are placed in the grid.

In addition to Spectate and Seed the Grid features, we’ve worked hard to improve multiplayer loading and performance in Forza 7. New behind-the-scenes improvements mean that the game loads cars as soon as the player gets onto the track. The result is quicker loading into the track and onto the race.

Spectate and Seed the Grid are fantastic additions to Forza Motorsport 7 and we look forward to seeing what the Forza community does with these new tools. These features are just the start of our commitment both to Forza Motorsport 7 and esports – look to see additional new features arriving in the months ahead. In the meantime, you can get a look at Spectate and Seed the Grid in action with the 2018 Forza Racing Championship Pre-Season Invitational, which will be broadcast live on Mixer on March 24.
Release Notes:
https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn ... ost_874434

Video Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 857-yQOZ2o

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

All nice updates. But I'm still jonesing for a return of a real Rivals mode, with Rivals challenges in each car class, not just a handpicked few.

Maybe we'll get that in a future update!

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

ForzaRC IndyCar Challenge

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/news/wir_5_11_18

The next great Bounty Hunter event in Forza Motorsport 7 starts today! As we teased last week and during Wednesday’s ForzaRC show, today we’re kicking off the Forza Racing Championship IndyCar Challenge. Of course, it’s May and that means the Indianapolis 500 is almost upon us. The IndyCar Challenge is here to celebrate the world’s greatest race with TWO Bounty Hunter events that you can start playing today. Both events will be held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, with one event on the famous Brickyard oval, and the other on the Grand Prix course.

The best bit of the IndyCar Challenge? You’ll not only be racing against the rest of the Forza community, you’ll also be taking on four real-life IndyCar drivers. 2017 IndyCar Champion Josef Newgarden is returning for this event, making his first Bounty Hunter appearance since the inaugural Forza 7 Bounty Hunter, and he’ll be joined by three of his IndyCar competitors: Conor Daly, James Hinchcliffe, and Robert Wickens. Here’s the full line-up of drivers participating in the event:

Josef Newgarden - 2017 IndyCar Champion; 9-time IndyCar race winner; current 2018 series points leader
Conor Daly - Two-time GP3 winner; currently races with AJ Foyt Racing
James Hinchcliffe - 2011 IndyCar Rookie of the Year; five-time IndyCar race winner
Robert Wickens - 2018 indyCar rookie; Finished 4th at 2018 Grand Prix of Alabama, his best IndyCar result to date; Six-time DTM winner

These four drivers will be competing in both IndyCar Challenge events throughout the month of May. Make sure you add their gamertags to your Xbox friends list so you can follow their progress on the event leaderboards.

JNRACERTPX2 - Josef Newgarden
Kart2221 - Conor Daly
Hinchcliffe5 - James Hinchcliffe
Wickens6 - Robert Wickens

Beating IndyCar drivers is great for the ego but that won’t be the only reward in our IndyCar Challenge events. In fact, we’ve got a total of 16 rewards up for grabs across both events, depending on how you finish on the leaderboard. Check it out:

2 Rivals events - found in Single Player > Rivals > ForzaRC menu
4 Pro IndyCar drivers
16 Prizes available

Brickyard: ForzaRC IndyCar Challenge
Division = Indycar, Rental Only (Homologated)
Restrictions = No Friction Assist
Track: Indy Oval

Rewards – Brickyard Event
Beat Josef Newgarden - 2014 Chevrolet Super Sport
Beat Conor Daly - Firefighter Tan Driver Gear
Beat James Hinchcliffe - 1990 Alfa Romeo SZ Sprint Zagato
Beat Robert Wickens - Fleek Driver Gear
Top 10% Leaderboard time - 2015 Nissan NISMO IDx
Top 25% Leaderboard time - Mime Driver Gear
Top 50% Leaderboard time - 1965 MINI Cooper S Forza Edition
Participation Reward - 1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport Forza Edition

Grand Prix Circuit: ForzaRC IndyCar Challenge
Division = Indycar, Rental Only (Homologated)
Restrictions = No Friction Assist
Track: Indy GP
Note: Unless Mechberg states otherwise, what the game considers clean is a clean lap.

Beat Josef Newgarden - Astronaut Classic Driver Gear
Beat Conor Daly - 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe
Beat James Hinchcliffe - Vintage Driver Cravat Driver Gear
Beat Robert Wickens - 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
Top 10% Leaderboard time - 2013 Mazda MX-5
Top 25% Leaderboard time - Autocrat Driver Gear
Top 50% Leaderboard time - 2016 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG S Coupe Forza Edition
Participation Reward - 1980 Subaru Brat GL Forza Edition

Both of these IndyCar Challenge events live in the ForzaRC channel of Rivals in Forza Motorsport 7; look for the “Brickyard: ForzaRC IndyCar Challenge” and the “Grand Prix Circuit: ForzaRC IndyCar Challenge” to get started!

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn ... ay-11.aspx

Here are the DSP Current Leaders so far. I had a great time trying to run down Dave's ghost on the oval at 5:00am! :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Happy to see this unveiled. Have worked with the folks from Forza a bit on this project. Really good people who are so passionate about sim racing.

I won't be able to participate, as I'm at IMS all May to work the race. Good luck, boys. Drive it like you stole it!

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

There is something very compelling about the oval event, had a great time chasing after your ghost again trying to figure out where I could pick up the tiniest bit of time to put in a faster lap. I have no idea where the people at the top managed to find an extra tenth or two.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Thanks for the heads-up on this Don... I'll be all over it. I just bought a new 6-Series TCL HDTV last week and I'm in total awe of how good Forza 7 both looks and performs in 4K HDR... it's simply breathtaking and adds a new dimension to this already fantastic game!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

J_Cauthen wrote:Thanks for the heads-up on this Don... I'll be all over it. I just bought a new 6-Series TCL HDTV last week and I'm in total awe of how good Forza 7 both looks and performs in 4K HDR... it's simply breathtaking and adds a new dimension to this already fantastic game!
DROOL. I want that TV so badly, JC! Glad to hear you dig it.