WRC 7

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

WRC 7

Post by AcemanPR »

It's only been a few months since WRC 6 came out, but WRC 7 launches in a couple weeks and it is looking very impressive! WRC 5 played great and was fun, but it definitely was a pretty ugly game. I didn't get around to picking up WRC 6, but WRC 7 graphically looks much improved and the gameplay is there! Stages run from 3 minutes to 20 minutes long! Below are a couple videos of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONVcrAzxiE4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPt0_qjNr3k

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: WRC 7

Post by pk500 »

This looks surprisingly good. The VVV video was excellent, as usual. Thanks for the links!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Holy crap that does look awesome. I've got 5 and 6 on my PC...might as well get 7. Doesn't come out till the 15th via Steam however.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I've been tempted as keys are being sold for under$27. I got WRC 6 last year for under$17.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'm also a WRC fan who follows the series via Red Bull TV. So licensed events, stages, cars and drivers also are a big pull for me.

Very tempted ...
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Oh, snap. Is this coming to consoles????
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Teal wrote:Oh, snap. Is this coming to consoles????
The Xbox Store has a release date of September 26th.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

There's another reason why I'm unashamed to admit I'm considering a trade of the venerable DIRT Rally for WRC 7, besides the aforementioned official license and game improvements.

PC ports like DIRT Rally and Project Cars on consoles are clearly made for wheels first, controllers second. It's damn tough to modulate steering, gas and brake properly without assists with a controller in both games.

WRC 7 appears to be more forgiving with a controller yet still challenging. I like that. Ride 2, also made by Milestone, is the same. Works very well with a controller.

One of the reasons Microsoft's Forza series and Codemasters' F1 series are so damn good is that they're both optimized for controllers and wheels. That's a very important feature for wheel-less gamers, like me.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I'll definitely have this on release day, but then again I can say that about every rally game.
GT = Wilk5280

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Excellent and fair review of WRC7 below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIgxEue7Jn0

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Wow 8O . Those tracks are crazy narrow.

But, as the reviewer states - looks a great title for those who like a challenge and applying intense concentration in their racing games. That's always been the appeal of rally games for me, so I'll probably give this a try.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fanatic wrote:Wow 8O . Those tracks are crazy narrow.

But, as the reviewer states - looks a great title for those who like a challenge and applying intense concentration in their racing games. That's always been the appeal of rally games for me, so I'll probably give this a try.
WRC 7 all but pried money out of my clip when I saw the legendary Condor stage in Argentina was one of the 15-minute stages in this game.

Yowza.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Well...bought it. Now the wait begins. The game looks so good.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

A few quick rally runs at lunch time...and holy sh*t am I impressed. This game handles so much better than Dirt 4 and way more along the lines of Dirt Rally, which is a great thing. It looks fantastic, the cars sound great and there is a specific weight to the cars that is just so fun to fling around corners. I'm so impressed with this. A HUGE upgrade over WRC6 as far as the handling and graphics go. Pair that with real world tracks/cars/drivers, and it's nearly a perfect game.

Really really impressed. And it's been hard to impress me over the last few years (since Dirt 2) w/ a rally game. Dirt Rally was more of a time trial type simulation...not a full fledged game, so i don't really count that. But damn, if you enjoy a hard ass rally game, WRC7 is it.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:A few quick rally runs at lunch time...and holy sh*t am I impressed. This game handles so much better than Dirt 4 and way more along the lines of Dirt Rally, which is a great thing. It looks fantastic, the cars sound great and there is a specific weight to the cars that is just so fun to fling around corners. I'm so impressed with this. A HUGE upgrade over WRC6 as far as the handling and graphics go. Pair that with real world tracks/cars/drivers, and it's nearly a perfect game.

Really really impressed. And it's been hard to impress me over the last few years (since Dirt 2) w/ a rally game. Dirt Rally was more of a time trial type simulation...not a full fledged game, so i don't really count that. But damn, if you enjoy a hard ass rally game, WRC7 is it.
F*ck you. SOLD!

Seriously, thanks for the excellent feedback. :)

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:A few quick rally runs at lunch time...and holy sh*t am I impressed. This game handles so much better than Dirt 4 and way more along the lines of Dirt Rally, which is a great thing. It looks fantastic, the cars sound great and there is a specific weight to the cars that is just so fun to fling around corners. I'm so impressed with this. A HUGE upgrade over WRC6 as far as the handling and graphics go. Pair that with real world tracks/cars/drivers, and it's nearly a perfect game.

F*ck you. SOLD!

Seriously, thanks for the excellent feedback. :)
LOL. Word of advice. Don't start in the snow. Holy crap that's impossible. After you start the game you get a little trial, then a drivers test to set the difficulty, then you can just do what you want. Went right to the snow and regretted it. Gonna take quite a bit of practice to get the hang of the ice/tarmac/snow combo. The variety in a single rally stage is really just incredible.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Thanks for all the info Scott, I assume this is on PC? What specs is your PC and what graphics settings are you running? Do you have a triple screen setup? What is your control setup? Thanks in advance. Looks like I am buying another game I won't have time to play. Pretty soon I will be not playing F1 2017, Nascar Heat 2, MXGP3, Project Cars 2, Forza Motorsport 7, and the new build of iRacing. :)

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

DChaps wrote:Thanks for all the info Scott, I assume this is on PC? What specs is your PC and what graphics settings are you running? Do you have a triple screen setup? What is your control setup? Thanks in advance. Looks like I am buying another game I won't have time to play. Pretty soon I will be not playing F1 2017, Nascar Heat 2, MXGP3, Project Cars 2, Forza Motorsport 7, and the new build of iRacing. :)
Yeah, playing on computer. Mid-High spec'd PC these days. Full resolution, single 34" Widescreen Monitor @ 3440x1440 100hz...everything on maximum detail. Probably running 30-40fps...easy. i7 6700k, 32gb ram on a GTX 1080. I use either my Xbox Elite controller if I'm lazy or my Thrustmaster TX.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Thanks for the impressions! Dare I say I am more excited for this '7' than Forza 7 right now?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Resistance WAS futile. Just ordered the XB1 version from Best Buy. $21.52 after GCU, trade-in and two certificates.

Can't wait! :)

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

What do you guys think about the ps4 controller and this game?

I'm loving Dirt Rally, but once I go up to the powerful cars, I find that I don't have the ability to control the car with the controller. Would that change if I used a wheel? I'm guessing it would, but who knows.

In general, are there driving games that work better than others in terms of the ps4 controller? From what I've read in general, maybe games like F1 are pretty good, but games like Project Cars a little challenging with the controller?

Thanks!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

fanatic wrote:What do you guys think about the ps4 controller and this game?

I'm loving Dirt Rally, but once I go up to the powerful cars, I find that I don't have the ability to control the car with the controller. Would that change if I used a wheel? I'm guessing it would, but who knows.

In general, are there driving games that work better than others in terms of the ps4 controller? From what I've read in general, maybe games like F1 are pretty good, but games like Project Cars a little challenging with the controller?

Thanks!
It's funny...one of the reasons I don't really play Dirt 4 much is because I made the mistake of taking graphics over controller when I bought it and got the PS4 version. Driving games are just so much better on the Xbox 1 or PC when you an use either the Xbox Controller (or Elite) or a wheel. I've mostly been using the Xbox1 controller w/ WRC7 on my PC and it's been perfect.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

My initial impressions have me shouting yes, yes, YES! As a disclaimer I've been a fan of the series overall and have had fun playing WRC 5 and WRC 6 this generation. 7 is a pretty big improvement over those games in just about every way. While graphically it's not going to blow you away it does look significantly better than those 2 previous games.

One thing I feel WRC has always one well is the stage design and the amount of elevation change they have. The same holds true with this game and the stages, so far, are just absolutely brilliant. I'm currently running in the Junior WRC and handling could certainly use some work, but I'm sure it'll tighten up significantly once I get into the higher level cars.

So far I'm just giddy over this one. Really liking it so far.
GT = Wilk5280

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I echo what Wilk has to say about WRC7. The stages are so much better than what DiRT4 has to offer and seem much more technical than in DiRT Rally. The stages are tight with plenty of elevation! The graphics are much improved over WRC 5 but still aren't up to the level of what we see in the DiRT games, but this game is getting X enhanced, so that should help some. But the game plays like a true rally game and that is what counts at the end of the day. I too struggled with the handling at first, but I turned off the braking aid this morning (didn't know i had it enabled), and I found that helped me alot!

Very impressed with WRC 7 and can't wait to see more of the environments and stages.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Finished my Jr. Season and am now running the WRC 2 class. These cars already handle much better than the lower class and are more fun to drive. Also hit my first ES stage as part of the Monaco rally. F'ing incredible!

I wasn't a fan of the Spain rally and noticed some framerate issues in that environment. Hopefully it's not too widespread.
GT = Wilk5280