WRC 7

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: WRC 7

Post by Gangrel »

Anyone heard any rumour of this going on sale for Black Friday? (to unleash my inner PK......)
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Gangrel wrote:Anyone heard any rumour of this going on sale for Black Friday? (to unleash my inner PK......)
No word. But Target is the only leaked Black Friday ad I've seen so far.

Check it: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/365 ... friday-ad/
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Lot's of things I am liking about this so far. Really shows how much Codemaster's dropped the ball on DiRT 4. I love the longer stages, the variety of stages, and the fact these are the current real world WRC rallies and cars. However, as hard as I try, I cannot get a decent feel with the Thrustmaster TX Wheel on the Xbox One. If anyone here (Terry?) has found decent FFB and sensitivity settings for a wheel, please point me in the right direction. :) Unfortunately, all I have found on internet searches results in the same result - just does not work well with a wheel. If only Codemasters would have just continued to update DiRT with DLC that would add new rallies, longer stages, improved league functions, and new cars (old classics or new would have been fine), I would have been content with just buying more DLC. Anyway, definitely impressed with WRC 7 so far, I just hate using a controller because I suck at it. :)

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Oh, I'm gonna like this.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

DChaps wrote:If anyone here (Terry?) has found decent FFB and sensitivity settings for a wheel, please point me in the right direction. :)
I didn't even have the game until the sale today. Never saw this, sorry, mate. I don't have the TX anymore (only the Fanatec Clubsport 2), and my rig isn't in a spot where I can easily use it on the Xbox anymore. I've done most of my racing with a gamepad *gasp!*, which is likely how it'll stay for me for a while.

Sorry :(

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I suck so badly at this, but man, it's so fun! Amazing how much the surfaces affect driving. Just happy to have a good WRC game. And it doesn't send me crying in the corner in a fetal position like dirt rally... Lol.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Won my first stage, in Italy. Man, this game is so fun. I could never get "in the zone" in Dirt Rally, and it took some time in this one, but what an adrenaline rush. Amazingly improved game franchise.

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

Finally pulled the trigger on it. It’s $29.99 at Amazon.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

WPatrick wrote:Finally pulled the trigger on it. It’s $29.99 at Amazon.
Same price, too, this weekend at Gamestop for the more impatient among us. :)

Enjoy WRC 7, WP! It's my pick as Racing Game of the Year.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Does anyone know of any good wheel settings for this? I just can't seem to dial anything in that's fun, or doesn't involve 500 pounds of force to move the wheel..........

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Gangrel wrote:Does anyone know of any good wheel settings for this? I just can't seem to dial anything in that's fun, or doesn't involve 500 pounds of force to move the wheel..........
What wheel do you have? I have the Thrustmaster TX and I am struggling to get decent feel with a wheel as well. One of the main issues I have had with all the WRC games have been how bad the wheel setup and feel is in general. Does not matter if it is PC or console, it's all bad. I will post here if I end up finding something that works.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Yeah, I have a TX. I haven't used it much lately, so I am not sure if something is going wrong with my wheel, or the game is just "off".

I need to try some Forza 6 to make sure my wheel is still working ok, but I think it is.

The default WRC settings makes the wheel feel 500 pounds to turn. And there seems to be zero force feedback on the road to tire contact, just when you hit bumps, etc.

Maybe WRC really is just meant for the controller.......

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Yeah, what you are describing is exactly the issue I am having with WRC 7, and my wheel currently works great with Forza 7, F1 2017, even Project Cars 2, so my guess is it is not your wheel. WRC 7 seems like it definitely is an improvement, but I am frustrated that they can't implement a decent wheel setup on their 7th version of the game. :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

WRC 7 on sale for $29.99 at Amazon and Gamestop.

I've purchased Forza 7, Project Cars 2, F1 2017, MXGP 3, MotoGP 17, Ride 2, NASCAR Heat 2 and WRC 7 this year, and WRC 7 is the leader of that pack -- best racing game of 2017. Great game that transformed a moribund franchise.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Steam version currently on sale for $15.99! 8O :o

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The Challenge provided this weekend in WRC 7 is the a full Monte Carlo Rally. No restarts within stages.

VERY fun to see where I stack up against the rest of the world -- it's not pretty! -- on the same stages the real WRC drivers are competing this weekend.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Damn! Didn't know about this. I'll be firing it up in a bit!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

WRC 7 on sale for $25 this week for XBL Gold members: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p ... )(2821835)()()

The best racing game of 2017, along with F1 2017. Grab it if you have even the slightest inclination toward rally games!

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

pk500 wrote:Found a video on YouTube of a really quick, clean driver on Xbox One. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1PZo9Z16AI&t=30s

He was kind enough to share his controller settings in the comments:

All sensitivity - 50
All deadzone - 0
Everything else default

I tried these, and they're very, very nice. I trimmed 12 seconds from my best time on this week's Portugal WRC 2 Challenge just by using these settings.

Man, this is one hell of a fun rally game!

I’m loving this game.......thanks for recommending it PK!!!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Glad you're digging it, dude! Still my Racing Game of 2017, even with competition from Forza 7 and F1 2017.

We can't count Project Cars 2 -- that game is yet another console catastrophe from Slightly Mad Studios. After far too many wasted hours, I have given up on trying to find controller settings that work with the Xbox One. SMS clearly doesn't give two sh*ts about anyone who doesn't use a wheel.

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

I’m glad I bought Project Cars 2 at a deep discount. It was a real disappointment.

I’ve been playing a ton of GT Sport. It’s online racing is as close to iRacing as you can get on a console. I’ve logged over 300 races. The game is extremely limited, but it gets online racing right.

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

Started my second season by moving up to WRC 2. Just finished the Monaco Rally.........WOW!
This game is challenging and fun. Driving on wet, dry and icy roads at night........awesome. I haven’t enjoyed a game this much in a long time.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

WPatrick wrote:Started my second season by moving up to WRC 2. Just finished the Monaco Rally.........WOW!
This game is challenging and fun. Driving on wet, dry and icy roads at night........awesome. I haven’t enjoyed a game this much in a long time.
Preach, brother, preach! I'm in the middle of my second career season, too. Also in a WRC 2 car.

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

Started playing my career again. I finally made it up to WRC. This is one of those games that’ll go on my never sell or trade shelf. It strikes the perfect balance between simulation and arcade. It’s so damn good.

Now, If I could only stop crashing into spectators & flipping my car!!

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

It's one of my top games this gen.
GT = Wilk5280