WRC 7

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: WRC 7

Post by Teal »

So, there's been a troubling lack of continued feedback concerning this game of late. I'd like to hear continued impressions. Has the sheen rubbed off already?
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Teal wrote:So, there's been a troubling lack of continued feedback concerning this game of late. I'd like to hear continued impressions. Has the sheen rubbed off already?
My copy arrived yesterday. Will start to play it next Monday when I return from a week-long work trip in Indy.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

It's called "too many games" syndrome right now.

I still play it daily, I still love it. Significantly more than Dirt4. Just a way better game overall from a driving model point of view. It's DAMN hard and DAMN fun.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

dbdynsty25 wrote:It's called "too many games" syndrome right now.

I still play it daily, I still love it. Significantly more than Dirt4. Just a way better game overall from a driving model point of view. It's DAMN hard and DAMN fun.
Ding Ding Ding! Gaming time has been pretty limited for me since its launch and will continue to be until later this coming weekend. But I plan to dive back into WRC 7 pretty hard next week, as I really miss it. It's definitely an awesome rally racing game!

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Ok good. I'm in "too many games" mode myself, which is why I wanted more info... Lol. Gotta be pickier these days.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I am playing this all the time and love it! I stopped posting in this thread because I felt like I was talking to myself, for the most part.
GT = Wilk5280

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'm finally sinking my teeth into WRC 7, and I can't think of a title in a gaming franchise that is more improved. I didn't play WRC 6, but WRC 7 is MILES better than WRC 5.

This is THE rally game to play right now. Far tougher than WRC 5 but not nearly as punishing as DIRT Rally. WRC 7 is the true spiritual successor to the Colin McRae franchise -- accessible but still challenging. And the fact it has the full WRC license for cars, drivers and stages is the proverbial frosting on the cake.

My only changes to the default setup are to change the view to the hood cam, the co-driver's directions to detailed, steering dead zone to 0 and steering sensitivity to 35. The cars sashay too much with the default Xbox controller configuration, but that's easily fixed. I still may tweak those dead zone and controller sensitivity settings a bit, but I'm very close to optimum.

This is a MIGHTY fun game. The WRC series now stands shoulder to shoulder with Codemasters' DIRT series. A true rival and equal in every way, and even exceeding it in some.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Told you so. ;)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Told you so. ;)
Right on, brother!

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Yep! I could see the direction this franchise was going back with 5 and even made comments back in that thread that it reminded me some of CMR 2.0 (as the closest comparison). I have been playing this game almost nonstop since its release.

Been a long time since I've loaded my ghost cars to race over and over, trying to shave every little bit I can from the finishing time.
GT = Wilk5280

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Found a video on YouTube of a really quick, clean driver on Xbox One. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1PZo9Z16AI&t=30s

He was kind enough to share his controller settings in the comments:

All sensitivity - 50
All deadzone - 0
Everything else default

I tried these, and they're very, very nice. I trimmed 12 seconds from my best time on this week's Portugal WRC 2 Challenge just by using these settings.

Man, this is one hell of a fun rally game!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Finally got around to Rally Finland in my initial career season, in a JWRC car. Holy sh*t. What a rush.

The legendary Ouninpohja stage, fast as hell and featuring the infamous Colin's Crest jump, was intense and insane. Truly one of the top three most enjoyable experiences in my virtual racing life, which stretches back to Pole Position on the Atari 2600 and includes iRacing.

Perhaps the biggest rush came when I stuck a 46-meter jump off Colin's Crest, landing slightly sideways and muscling the car away from a spectator area upon landing, keeping the car on the stage at nearly 100 mph. Couldn't believe my eyes.

WRC 7 is SO good. This is easily the most improved sports gaming franchise in any genre I can recall for a long time. If you like rally games, GET WRC 7 NOW. If you have even the slightest interest in racing games, WRC 7 should be atop your list.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Any rally lover should own WRC7. Some of these rally tracks are just amazing! Definitely the most improved title of the year! Plus, this is one the list to be Xbox One X Enhanced.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Finland has alway been one of my favorite locations in rally games. I love the fast stages with lush greens and lakes all around. Have you gone through Mexico's stages yet? There's a specific spot that has the pucker factor pinging at near all time highs, where you're on a very thin section of road with cliffs on both sides. Yeah, this game is awesome.
GT = Wilk5280

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Have not done Rally Mexico. Just got a WRC 2 ride after finishing second in the championship in my first JWRC season, and I think Mexico is on the schedule.

The price of poker goes way up with the WRC 2 cars; they're much quicker than the JWRC cars!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The more I play WRC 7, the more I realize it's the best racing game of 2017 among a very crowded, solid field of racers I've enjoyed this year. That includes Forza 7, F1 2017 and NASCAR Heat 2.

WRC 7 is a fantastic game. Easily the biggest improvement of a gaming franchise I can recall in this, or possibly any, console generation.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

It is a fantastic rally game! For me, its a close call as best racer with Forza 7, but WRC7 definitely made bigger strides than Turn10 did with Forza 7.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

There's no question it's my favorite racing game in a long, long time.
GT = Wilk5280

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Wilk5280 wrote:There's no question it's my favorite racing game in a long, long time.
Agreed. The balance between challenge and accessibility is almost perfect. Match that with very good graphics and the official WRC license, and WRC 7 is virtual petrol bliss.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Damn it, you all just made me buy it and I already have a bunch of good racing games that I never have time to play! It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

DChaps wrote:Damn it, you all just made me buy it and I already have a bunch of good racing games that I never have time to play! It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. :)
Safe bet you'll LOVE it, The Donald.

I'm not sure about wheel support, but WRC 7 is big fun with a controller. Suggested settings, which are working great for me:

All sensitivity - 50
All deadzone - 0
Everything else default

Eager for your feedback. Enjoy!

cfiore
Mario Mendoza

Post by cfiore »

Do you start out in the wrc 2 cars and then maybe get a contract for the weekend wrc cars?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

cfiore wrote:Do you start out in the wrc 2 cars and then maybe get a contract for the weekend wrc cars?
Career progression: Junior WRC, WRC 2, WRC. Three classes.

cfiore
Mario Mendoza

Post by cfiore »

pk500 wrote:
cfiore wrote:Do you start out in the wrc 2 cars and then maybe get a contract for the weekend wrc cars?
That’s excellent! Thanks to mostly you I have already bought it. Lol

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

cfiore wrote:
pk500 wrote:
That’s excellent! Thanks to mostly you I have already bought it. Lol
Enjoy the game! It's superb.