NBA 2K18

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NBA 2K18

Post by Diablo25 »

Oh, and rebounding seems MUUUUUCH better. That has always been a bugaboo for me with this game.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Tried the Live demo and its getting better, but 2K is still king.

I pre-ordered for the $10 coupon from BestBuy GCU. You also get the game a few days early - free delivery arriving by Friday.

This is the only sports game I will buy. For the rest I will rely upon EA Access.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Oh my Lord, the "acting" in that demo prelude is laughably idiotic. Does every person talk like "yo, what up wit dat, knowhutimsayin" now? Sheesh. Don't think I'd touch any kind of stupid "story" mode in that game. The mechanics are fine, but dang...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Was only able to get in a game and a half last night.

Positives:

- The entire presentation package is top notch. They've added just enough new overlays and graphics that it feels like a fresh upgrade in this department.

- Game looks stunning on the PS4 Pro in 4K.

- Last year, the players bodies were all too thin. That's changed this year to reflect a more realistic looking player model.

- The game is buttery smooth.

- Have already seen more fast breaks than I did all last year. Love that.

- This is the first time in this series that I feel in complete control of my player on offense. The animations don't seem to take over what I'm intending to do.

- Defense is definitely better and more responsive.

- From what I can tell, that annoying assistant coach from last year is gone!

- I like the fact I'm able to skip through the timeouts very quickly. Overall, things seem to speed along very well.

- Seems the crowd reaction has improved some...could still be better.

- Speed kills.....Fultz is a blast to play with and I think the Sixers might be my team I go with. Embiid is a beast!

Negatives:

- There's a few too many instances of clipping. Can be distracting for sure.

- Some of the quick cut scenes of a player after a basket turning and running back up court looks a little spastic.

- There seems to be too many loose balls batted away or stolen.

- I'm not a fan of the shot meter. I switched over to real field goal percentage. Just feels right to me.

- Obviously some player models look distinctively better than others.

- Generic broadcast camera angle was removed as far as I can tell.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Play Live and this back to back. LOL. It's seriously laughable how bad Live is in comparison. It's not unplayable, but damn 2k is smooth.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Played a quick game with my Sixers vs the Suns - AWESOME. Smooth ass game. Gonna hit "The Neighborhood" sometime this weekend.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Jumped into MyTeam and it really seems to have a lot more than past versions. Plenty of single-layer and multiplayer challenges. I'll be spending a lot of time on this mode.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Diablo25 wrote:Jumped into MyTeam and it really seems to have a lot more than past versions. Plenty of single-layer and multiplayer challenges. I'll be spending a lot of time on this mode.
Yeah, I checked this out last night. It seems like a pretty great version of the Ultimate Team stuff. Still not positive how much I will play it, as the best part of these moped for me is taking those teams I create online to play. I can hold my own in Madden where I am not great, but can win about half my games.

But I'm pretty sure that online, I doubt I can even make the losses respectable. When it comes to basketball and hockey, I don't just lose, I get completely wiped out. But the mode has enough options thatI may give it the ol' college try anyway.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Love some of the clowns you end up playing with online. Played my first game with my 60 rated guy and dropped 6 points, a ton of rebounds and a block. Set picks all game long for the 83 rated clown on my team. We lose and he sends me a message that "I'm trash" :lol: I held the guy I was guarding, who was rated significantly higher than me, to 6 points. F'n love the internet.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Do we have enough guys here to try private 2v2 or 3v3? I know you can play team vs AI.

Or if anyone wants to play a regular versus game I'm up for that - I'm an average player on a good day

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Pete1210 wrote:Do we have enough guys here to try private 2v2 or 3v3? I know you can play team vs AI.

Or if anyone wants to play a regular versus game I'm up for that - I'm an average player on a good day
I'd play.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Anybody try the Switch version?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Sudz wrote:Anybody try the Switch version?
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/fifa-18 ... he-journey

"After spending a bunch of time with FIFA 18 on the Switch, I can confirm that it more or less rolls the clock back to FIFA 16—the final year of the Ignite Engine." Aside from The Journey, which was confirmed to be absent during E3, here's what's missing.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Rodster wrote:
Sudz wrote:Anybody try the Switch version?
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/fifa-18 ... he-journey

"After spending a bunch of time with FIFA 18 on the Switch, I can confirm that it more or less rolls the clock back to FIFA 16—the final year of the Ignite Engine." Aside from The Journey, which was confirmed to be absent during E3, here's what's missing.
Thanks...

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Game has so much going for it bit I am SICK AND TIRED of blown lay ups and bunnies in the paint missed by NBA players in this game. Happens WAY too much. End of rant.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:Game has so much going for it bit I am SICK AND TIRED of blown lay ups and bunnies in the paint missed by NBA players in this game. Happens WAY too much. End of rant.
I always bump my inside shooting up to compensate a bit. It is annoying that my guys can't make em but the computer does all the time.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I'm running a small online league on xbox one. Its very casual, including a couple of guys who are playing NBA 2K for the first time. We have 5 or 6 members so most games will be against CPU. (you have to use all 30 teams as far as I know)

We are going to use fantasy teams with a draft on Sunday 11/12 at 10pm.

A 29 game season and after a couple of months I'll advance to playoffs. Anyone who wants to play gets in - that's when we'll have more user v user games.

I sent out random invites to anyone I think has NBA 2K18. If you want in and need an invite send me a message on xbox live.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Every couple years I buy back into this franchise, and every couple years I tear my hair out at the fundamental design mistake to have momentum play such a huge dispositive role in the shooting mechanic. :evil:

Also, the presentation is impresive...once. After the 3rd game in a row seeing the same ridiculous machinima clip of faux-Kevin Durant talking about his brother I want to put my foot through the TV. The games take 15 minutes longer than they should because of the cut-scenes just run on and on.

Other than that, I'm rather enjoying it. :)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL