PES 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

PES 2019

Post by 10spro »

Here's a trailer for 2018 which includes some actual gameplay. I really enjoyed the improvements in 17 and look forward to Konami in continuing this trend. Visual wise it may fall short to EA but look at the pitch in 18, everything look much sharper while the player's faces are top notch.

Apparently a Beta is coming up next month, great news!

Last edited by 10spro on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PES 2018

Post by Rodster »

Konami said that this year the PC version will be on par with that of the consoles wrt both gameplay and graphics wise as it's using the same Fox engine.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Check this early gameplay. Looks really good!

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Rodster wrote:Konami said that this year the PC version will be on par with that of the consoles wrt both gameplay and graphics wise as it's using the same Fox engine.
But will the PC version support 3440x1440? I passed on 2017 and went with EA in large part for EA supporting the higher resolution.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

So this is what I am finding out about the upcoming Beta on the 20th. It's going to be for both the Xbox One and PS4 consoles and it'll run for about 10 days. It's a beta, not a demo.

You don't need PS Plus to play online but will require Live as there are only two modes: 1 vs 1 and listen to this 3 vs 3. Woot? But not the Co-op that we see in FIFA, apparently the three people need to be in the same house to play the other party of three. What the hell is that? I know they want to test the servers probably but no even an offline mode to check the AI?

Just a couple of International teams, Brazil and France.

In typical Konami fashion it's always a step forward and two steps back, I know it's a only a Beta but I can't disguise my disappointment. There was enough footage of offline play that got me excited but I guess I have to wait for the final product.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

I've heard this version is a complete rebuild that has been in development for 3+years. PlayStation Access guys say it feels completely different (and they love it), unlike the annual release where some things simply get tweaked. It will be interesting to see how it plays.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

FifaInspected wrote:I've heard this version is a complete rebuild that has been in development for 3+years. PlayStation Access guys say it feels completely different (and they love it), unlike the annual release where some things simply get tweaked. It will be interesting to see how it plays.
Hmm, I haven't read that this years game is a total rebuild. They just started using the FOX engine a couple of years ago. Do you have a link to that story?

Now, what I have read is that this years PC version is going to be "exactly" the same game-play wise and graphically as the current consoles.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Rodster wrote:
FifaInspected wrote:I've heard this version is a complete rebuild that has been in development for 3+years. PlayStation Access guys say it feels completely different (and they love it), unlike the annual release where some things simply get tweaked. It will be interesting to see how it plays.
Hmm, I haven't read that this years game is a total rebuild. They just started using the FOX engine a couple of years ago. Do you have a link to that story?

Now, what I have read is that this years PC version is going to be "exactly" the same game-play wise and graphically as the current consoles.
I dont think its a total rebuild but they did say a team has been working on this outcome for 3 years yes, under the hood sorta thing.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Wow... game looks fantastic! Definitely going to give this one a look!!!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Downloading beta right now 10s :D

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Downloading beta right now 10s :D
Thanks. I was looking for the PS4 version first but it wasn't available. Got the Xbox version but the servers weren't ready yet.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

So far this Beta is a disaster. You just can't match make with anyone and when you restart the game, Konami would admit having such issues. Was looking for the option to play friends and it's not there. My initial fears on this beta are in full sight.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

here's what I find a bit funny about this "online" beta. PES is not a game that has a ton of online players. All you need to do is look at how many people are in an online "room" for any of the last few versions to see the issue.

Match making has always been a lengthy process with PES, many times ending in my decision to not play at all. Sadly I view PES like I do MLB The Show. Offline and if I get a few good online matches in it's a pleasant surprise.

I guess it makes sense since it was Konami who back in the early Winning Eleven 9 days would swap hosts at halftime of an online match.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I finally got a match going. If you mind waiting 4-5 minutes, you will find a match. Graphics were nice, the usual popular faces were very accurate to their real life counterpart and the superstars play like so. I must admit that the online gameplay was super smooth and as usual, you just feel like you're playing a footie game with Konami.

If you find out how to play friends Jimmy, we can give it a try, if not just keep on matchmaking.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Yeh i think the only chance to hook up would be if we do some preset parameters like manual passing or something. Lets try tonight

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

finally got around to downloading this. I played a 3v3 match.... wow. what fun. i'm very impressed!
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The fine demo is out boys, more teams and offline content for your footie enjoyment.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

10spro wrote:The fine demo is out boys, more teams and offline content for your footie enjoyment.
Sweet! Looking forward to playing the demo this evening. Looks great from what I can tell from the youtube videos.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Its shite. SOO bad.
While the animations are beyond unbelievable, at times, its like how the hell did they know that was supposed to happen in that instance, scary real like real next gen stuff.
The defense is so bad in and around their own box the game is just unplayable for me , I'm just so sick of this s***.

I swear to GOD!!!!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Its shite. SOO bad.
While the animations are beyond unbelievable, at times, its like how the hell did they know that was supposed to happen in that instance, scary real like real next gen stuff.
The defense is so bad in and around their own box the game is just unplayable for me , I'm just so sick of this s***.

I swear to GOD!!!!
Agree 100 percent. PES has regressed to the point where FIFA is a better simulation of football. Can't believe I'm writing that after thinking back to 10 years ago, when PES was a proper sim and FIFA was ice hockey on grass.

Jimmy is right about the defense. Pretty bad.

But the flaw for me is how the CPU treats the midfield like a dragstrip. The CPU just motors through the midfield, with very little patient buildup play. PES has become even more arcadish than FIFA, something I never imagined.

Sure, PES uses a few back passes and long balls to add variety to the CPU attack. But I saw nothing other than Route 1 from the CPU attack last night, moving at warp speed through the midfield, regardless of my formation or tactics.

I applaud Konami for offering this demo, as always. It made my footy game decision very simple this year. I just put another circle around the release date for FIFA 18. Not only will FIFA 18 be deeper and have the official global license, I'm guessing it will be a better football game this year, too, as PES 18 hasn't set the bar very high.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

This series has never been the same since the PS2 days. I still have a copy of WE7 and WE8.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

pk500 wrote:
Jimmydeicide wrote:Its shite. SOO bad.

I swear to GOD!!!!
Agree 100 percent. PES has regressed to the point where FIFA is a better simulation of football. Can't believe I'm writing that after thinking back to 10 years ago, when PES was a proper sim and FIFA was ice hockey on grass.

Jimmy is right about the defense. Pretty bad.

But the flaw for me is how the CPU treats the midfield like a dragstrip. The CPU just motors through the midfield, with very little patient buildup play. PES has become even more arcadish than FIFA, something I never imagined.

Sure, PES uses a few back passes and long balls to add variety to the CPU attack. But I saw nothing other than Route 1 from the CPU attack last night, moving at warp speed through the midfield, regardless of my formation or tactics.

I applaud Konami for offering this demo, as always. It made my footy game decision very simple this year. I just put another circle around the release date for FIFA 18. Not only will FIFA 18 be deeper and have the official global license, I'm guessing it will be a better football game this year, too, as PES 18 hasn't set the bar very high.
Because you can bypass the midfield with one pass it makes the defensive problems that much worse, because 1 pass through the midfield and then a thru ball behind the defense, 2 passes and your in on goal.
Too much space all over the field and with no one closing you down the middle of the park is non existent. Irrelevant. Again.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I can't wait to read gaming media reviews of PES 18 claiming it's a better sim than FIFA 18, as that's been the false narrative for the PES series ever since EA got FIFA's sh*t together a few years ago.

Sure enough, we'll read reviews about how "plucky upstart Konami may lack the licenses, polish and depth of its competitor, but it provides a more realistic, organic football experience than FIFA."

Pure cut-and-paste bullsh*t from the last two years, if this PES 18 demo is any indication. EA will need to screw the gameplay pooch with FIFA 18 for it to be less realistic than the PES 18 demo.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I played just one game and I noticed what Jimmy and PK were talking about. I was playing Liverpool against Barca and I scored twice on thru balls and how I scored was worse. Both goals were on keeper deflections to an open man. In fact I saw a lot of keeper deflections and punch backs. I could have scored more if I had an open man in the vincinity.

Looking forward to 10’s impressions.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Did the defense react to any of those deflections? No need to answer Rod , NO they didnt, guess what they ran away from the ball.