E3 2017

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: E3 2017

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:The gaming industry is starting to resemble the very industry it's trying to usurp, Hollywood. Very few artistic originals, a whole lot of boring remakes and uninspired franchise sequels.
Solid point, all the original games are coming from Indie studios without big budgets. When a company like EA or Ubisoft commit to a title it is a multi-million dollar risk. So getting a new IP approved is a real long shot.

Most of the games that caught my eye yesterday were games that will show up in the store only, not at Gamestop.

Looks like I'm the only Beyond Good and Evil fan in here. I would say if you can get the original on the cheap, try it. One of my all time favorites.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Just curious are VR owners excited for Skyrim of Fall Out?
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Didn't even know about Skyrim, but Fallout? Yes, definitely. Extremely excited.

VR is something that seems like a gimmick until you try it. Once you get that "presence" feeling, as they love to call it in VR circles, it's tough to go back. As long as it's done well, the sense of scale and depth and "you are there" can't be beat.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Diablo25 wrote:I can't believe Sony didn't announce a $50 price drop on the PS4 Pro. That would've taken the wind out of MS's sails. Maybe they will closer to the XB1X launch.
They might have if MS announced $399 or even $449 for the Scorpio.

Then again, they said it's 20% of sales so maybe they don't see a reason to make a big push, unless they think it would help sales of their TVs.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Danimal wrote:
pk500 wrote:The gaming industry is starting to resemble the very industry it's trying to usurp, Hollywood. Very few artistic originals, a whole lot of boring remakes and uninspired franchise sequels.
Solid point, all the original games are coming from Indie studios without big budgets. When a company like EA or Ubisoft commit to a title it is a multi-million dollar risk. So getting a new IP approved is a real long shot.

Most of the games that caught my eye yesterday were games that will show up in the store only, not at Gamestop.

Looks like I'm the only Beyond Good and Evil fan in here. I would say if you can get the original on the cheap, try it. One of my all time favorites.
I LOVED the original BG&E but this video didn't light my candle at all. I remember BG&E as being witty and satirical but warmhearted and genuine at the same time. Certainly "family friendly" in terms of tone. The footage shown of BG&E 2 is decidedly not any of those things except maybe satirical.

Also I bought and tried to go back and play the original when it became back-compatible on the 360 but I felt it hadn't aged well. Something about the controls frustrated the heck out of me, I didn't get far enough to be sucked in, and I gave up on it.

This sequel is at least 12 years too late, I'm afraid. Now, if the reviews are full of praise when it does arrive, I'll give it a go. But this isn't the first time we've been teased about a sequel over the years. I won't say it's a total Duke Nukem situation, but that's certainly not the farthest comparison one could make.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote:Didn't even know about Skyrim, but Fallout? Yes, definitely. Extremely excited.

VR is something that seems like a gimmick until you try it. Once you get that "presence" feeling, as they love to call it in VR circles, it's tough to go back. As long as it's done well, the sense of scale and depth and "you are there" can't be beat.
On paper I agree with you but idk about you when I play RPG's I usually play for a few hours. Can you do a few hour session of one of those game in VR without feeling, well sick?
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Zeppo wrote:I LOVED the original BG&E but this video didn't light my candle at all. I remember BG&E as being witty and satirical but warmhearted and genuine at the same time. Certainly "family friendly" in terms of tone. The footage shown of BG&E 2 is decidedly not any of those things except maybe satirical.

Also I bought and tried to go back and play the original when it became back-compatible on the 360 but I felt it hadn't aged well. Something about the controls frustrated the heck out of me, I didn't get far enough to be sucked in, and I gave up on it.

This sequel is at least 12 years too late, I'm afraid. Now, if the reviews are full of praise when it does arrive, I'll give it a go. But this isn't the first time we've been teased about a sequel over the years. I won't say it's a total Duke Nukem situation, but that's certainly not the farthest comparison one could make.
All valid points, I was kind of taken back at first by all the swearing but it's a different world than 13 years ago and well the possibilities of this game and its universe are too much for me to pass up.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Danimal wrote:
TCrouch wrote:Didn't even know about Skyrim, but Fallout? Yes, definitely. Extremely excited.

On paper I agree with you but idk about you when I play RPG's I usually play for a few hours. Can you do a few hour session of one of those game in VR without feeling, well sick?
Never felt sick in anything. I played Adrift for hours and have never had a hint of nausea. But I spent years in the Navy through rough seas on a little destroyer getting thrown about, and never got sick there, either. Just not something that's ever affected me, so I can't really comment.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Has there been any news on Steep for the Switch? Seems like that release has stalled.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:I can't believe Sony didn't announce a $50 price drop on the PS4 Pro. That would've taken the wind out of MS's sails. Maybe they will closer to the XB1X launch.

Then again, they said it's 20% of sales so maybe they don't see a reason to make a big push, unless they think it would help sales of their TVs.
Well Eurogamer just did an interview with Sony's Jim Ryan and he seemed to indicate they are trying to keep up with the PS4 Pro demand. Which sounds about right because in my area I rarely see one either at Target or Walmart. And last year I scored a brand new Pro for $299 plus tax.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I can walk into 4 stores within 3 miles of me an buy a Pro. Me thinks he is full of s*** or talking about Europe.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Sony confirm Shadow of the Colossus PS4 is a remake, not a remaster.

All assets remade, controls re-tweaked

https://www.famitsu.com/ad/welcome/1706 ... 35476.html
Follow Me on:

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Rodster wrote:
wco81 wrote:

Well Eurogamer just did an interview with Sony's Jim Ryan and he seemed to indicate they are trying to keep up with the PS4 Pro demand. Which sounds about right because in my area I rarely see one either at Target or Walmart. And last year I scored a brand new Pro for $299 plus tax.
That's a good price.

If I had a 4K HDR TV already, I might be more interested in buying the Pro or the X1X but you're basically paying full console launch prices for mid-generation upgrades. Pro is 2X the performance of the PS4 and X1X is over 3X the performance of the X1.

Not bad but I don't know if it's worth full price.

Next generation may be as early as 2019 or 2020.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

There is no reason to buy an Xbox 1 X at launch but I know I will order one the minute pre-orders go up.
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Danimal wrote:There is no reason to buy an Xbox 1 X at launch but I know I will order one the minute pre-orders go up.
I probably will too.. and a 4k TV.. BUT I really need to say NO as I don't play the XB1 much as it is now. I'm more into PC gaming, especially 4x games.

I've even become bored with NHL, something I used to play until the next version came out. Seems like 18 probably won't be much different if even more of an arcade style game.

Console gaming has become less and less in our family as the kids move away and we travel more now.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

MizzouRah wrote: I probably will too.. and a 4k TV.. BUT I really need to say NO as I don't play the XB1 much as it is now. I'm more into PC gaming, especially 4x games.
I'm in the same boat brother, if I add my new monitor in I just spent over $5,500 on a new gaming PC. I just know I won't be able to resist the pull to buy XB1X though. Maybe I'll go through game stop and trade in 2 of my XB1's, or 1 XB1 and 1 PS4.

At least buying the PS4 Pro I had a reason with HZD, I wish I had a reason for this. Maybe Madden will just be unreal looking.
Follow Me on:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Danimal wrote:There is no reason to buy an Xbox 1 X at launch but I know I will order one the minute pre-orders go up.
Resistance is futile. :wink:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

DivotMaker wrote:
Day 1 it will be in my entertainment center and my games will look glorious. Judge all you want.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Diablo25 wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:
Day 1 it will be in my entertainment center and my games will look glorious. Judge all you want.
Yep, add me to the group getting a 4K TV and the XBOX. I don't have a PS4 or gaming PC so I have every reason to upgrade. Plus I have enough BestBuy points to cover the XBOX and some of the TV.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Danimal wrote:
I'm in the same boat brother, if I add my new monitor in I just spent over $5,500 on a new gaming PC. I just know I won't be able to resist the pull to buy XB1X though. Maybe I'll go through game stop and trade in 2 of my XB1's, or 1 XB1 and 1 PS4.

At least buying the PS4 Pro I had a reason with HZD, I wish I had a reason for this. Maybe Madden will just be unreal looking.
HAHA... I feel your pain.. although I only have an XB1 and XB360..so maybe I'll trade them both in towards an XB1X. The 4k TV is the issue I'm going to have with the wife. ;) Maybe I can show her that Netflix will get 4k at some point. ;)

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Danimal wrote:

HAHA... I feel your pain.. although I only have an XB1 and XB360..so maybe I'll trade them both in towards an XB1X. The 4k TV is the issue I'm going to have with the wife. ;) Maybe I can show her that Netflix will get 4k at some point. ;)

Netflix already has a lot of 4K content. Looks like most or all of its original series are 4K.

Only a few are HDR though.

But you have to subscribe to a higher tier to get 4K.

You also have to watch out what your ISP caps are. Especially if it's Comcast or another company selling TV subscriptions, they're not going to give you much leeway about going over your cap because of streaming.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

So, nothing on RDR 2? Dang.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

wco81 wrote:
Netflix already has a lot of 4K content. Looks like most or all of its original series are 4K.

You also have to watch out what your ISP caps are. Especially if it's Comcast or another company selling TV subscriptions, they're not going to give you much leeway about going over your cap because of streaming.
I am paying $9.99/month for Netflix and get all the 4K content. Not sure if that is a "higher tier" or not.

Just switched from Comcast (15+ years at $80/month) to AT&T Gigapower for $70/Month unlimited for 2 years and bundled with my DTV that cut another $50/month off so I am getting the combined for $200/month and don't have to worry about caps for two years....

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

wco81 wrote:

Ok, I thought Netflix had some 4k stuff already.. we don't have any caps with Charter, so we are good there. I guess I need to take her somewhere and show her something playing in 4k. :)

I just read House of Cards is in 4k.. that's her show right now. ;)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yeah i don't pay anymore for 4K Netflix and I feel sorry for anyone who deals with internet caps.
Follow Me on: