NHL 18 News

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NHL 18 News

Post by vader29 »

10spro wrote:Calling all Dragons for a trial tonight of the Beta. Same time as the weekends, maybe earlier if you want. Got a code for you XXXIV if you didn't sign up.
Can't make it that late with work in the morning, be on tonight though from 6 eastern til 10 or 11.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I have some extra codes too.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:
10spro wrote:Calling all Dragons for a trial tonight of the Beta. Same time as the weekends, maybe earlier if you want. Got a code for you XXXIV if you didn't sign up.
I got mine. Downloading now. :)
Created the club: DSP Ice Dragons. Tried to send the invites but everyone needs to have the beta first. Anyways, I am taking the family to watch Dunkirk so I will see you boys later tonight. Make sure you guys go to settings first and set the camera to your liking as well as turning all those aids off. I am leaving soon, so hopefully you can get my invite and you can accept the other boys when I am gone.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

vader29 wrote:
Can't make it that late with work in the morning, be on tonight though from 6 eastern til 10 or 11.
I'll try to be on earlier.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
vader29 wrote:
I'll try to be on earlier.
Downloading now but as much as I would love to dive right in I cant for now. Have to go in a bit to sit with my sister.

Cyall around 930 eastern.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Played two games of the 3 on 3 as that's what I was really looking forward too and it's great fun. First game lost 5-1 to the Leafs....Matthews had 3 goals...lots of fancy stuff too. Game was extremely fun....reminded me quite a bit of the 3 on 3 arcade game that EA released several years ago but nowhere near as arcadey.
Playing the 2nd game now....Flyers and Rangers...MSG is the one NHL rink you can select in the 3 on 3's. Game is tied 1-1 heading into the 2nd. Game looks great, has a great feel to it and the crowd and the announcer are perfect for this type of game.
So far so good....NHL 18 is a day one purchase but it's been that way for me since August of 91 when the Original NHL Hockey came out for Sega Genesis.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I'm live streaming if anybody wants to watch. twitch.tv/tjung0831
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I got my beta code (plus 2 extras), but I can make no promises about my availability to join up.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Naples39 wrote:I got my beta code (plus 2 extras), but I can make no promises about my availability to join up.
Hope to see you soon, if not tonight over the weekend. Diablo and Vader, you guys are in. G7, Jimmy and XXXIV, you are showing still not available.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Game is basically NHL17 with the new 3 v 3 mode. The 3 v 3 is what you would expect. Nice action but not revolutionary.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:Game is basically NHL17 with the new 3 v 3 mode. The 3 v 3 is what you would expect. Nice action but not revolutionary.
I played it against another dude. It's fun but not something I see lasting. Would be interesting to see three humans vs 3 humans though although it'll never surpassed EASHL.

Speaking of which, I played a couple of games there and the puck bounce does seem loser, love how to control your stick when playing D. Not much of an upgrade in terms of the crowd and graphics although they did add a few new animations.

We'll test it with the Dragons soon.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Extra beta codes for Xbox One

926XW-GKHYJ-3YGFY-3FGWF-6C4WZ

TT34W-GGMMJ-FQYVT-JJJJQ-RJW7Z
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Two Beta Codes. Will trade for nudes.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Diablo25 wrote:Game is basically NHL17 with the new 3 v 3 mode. The 3 v 3 is what you would expect. Nice action but not revolutionary.
Ugh... for once I would love to see this game get some development love.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

So overall, I enjoyed the subtle changes in this Beta boys. We played EASHL with the Dragons and as I was saying last night, the puck seems looser, pucks deflecting from the stick blades, there's more unpredictability in the way it bounces. Goalies seem to be more aggressive in challenging the shooter, therefore perhaps the low scoring games. Although, 18 comes with the 3-3 mode where you can try the new dekes, I didn't see many being executed in our games as they are apparently not as easy to pull off.

I did enjoy using the new defensive skill stick as I was able to intercept more passes. Gameplay seem to just have a nice flow for me. The AI is still suspicious, they were plays where Elliot would play like Nicolas Lidstrom and at times have a brain cramp.

The new 3 vs 3 mode is fun but not something I would play on a consistent basis. It reminds me of Blitz with cooler visuals. In fact, I would rather play 3 on 3 but with the EASHL mode which is basically the OT play during the regular season.

They were a couple of new animations, some weird camera angles from behind the glass during cut scenes (EA what's that all about) and overall the Beta felt more like a 17.5 product rather than 18. Goalie controls are different apparently (G7, get ready) and I need to find out how to puck chop as it seemed to change too.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Yeah but how was Dunkirk?

It is not a full priced game for sure but you know we will be buying day one.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:Yeah but how was Dunkirk?

It is not a full priced game for sure but you know we will be buying day one.
I don't remember. I was asleep, right? :twisted: Yep, it's already loaded for me. :?

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Sudz wrote:Two Beta Codes. Will trade for nudes.
Nobody? :lol:

Seriously...I have 2 codes. PM me.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Not impressed with the beta. Not a step up visually (even on the PS4 Pro), commentary sounds the EXACT same (boring), weak goal celebrations once again, and subtle changes with the game play. It's looking like a decent game online and I guess offline it remains to be seen, but I'm guessing not much has changed.

Will wait for a steep discount.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

sportdan30 wrote:Not impressed with the beta. Not a step up visually (even on the PS4 Pro), commentary sounds the EXACT same (boring), weak goal celebrations once again, and subtle changes with the game play. It's looking like a decent game online and I guess offline it remains to be seen, but I'm guessing not much has changed.
Yeah. The NHL 3s is kinda boring. Just not excited to fire it up in July...

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I've been having a great time with the 3's....very fun stuff to me. I finally found a code for the Xbox version so I was able to compare the two and for me it's a pretty huge difference. The xbone version is quite a bit brighter and just pops a bit more than the PS4 version and that surprised the hell out of me. I noticed it right off the bat when I fired up the PS4 version again last night. Looks like I'll be sticking with the Xbone version of NHL again this year.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

If I have to play 3 vs 3 then EASHL mode is the way to go for me. The open ice, the crunching hits, it feels as if you're skating on an European ice surface, constant breakaways...Fun stuff.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

For the Franchisers out there...

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

f*** off EA!!!!!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

EA Access for NHL 18 is live.

I don't have EAA anymore so I'm living through those of you who do. :)

Post some impressions of a game vs the CPU if you can. How is the AI of your teammates and the CPU players in general vs 17?
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971