Fifa 21 News

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Fifa 21 News

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:18 pm
MizzouRah wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:03 am
I just ordered the game for $30. How is the next gen update?
Looks beautiful, but I still prefer the game play of PES.
Thanks... I'm not a big soccer game person and have enjoyed past FIFA games.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:34 pm
You'll enjoy it then. All the licenses, tons of stadiums, etc. Everything looks and feels like a soccer game. On the pitch, not so much, but they are improving every year. This years is fantastic IMO...and the graphical and control upgrades are very good.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:34 pm
MizzouRah wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:34 pm
You'll enjoy it then. All the licenses, tons of stadiums, etc. Everything looks and feels like a soccer game. On the pitch, not so much, but they are improving every year. This years is fantastic IMO...and the graphical and control upgrades are very good.

Thanks.. I'm looking forward to playing with the Spurs! :P
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Does quick resume work for everyone on the Xbox Series X? I'm getting a complete game reboot even if it is the last game I've played
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Dave wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:46 pm
Does quick resume work for everyone on the Xbox Series X? I'm getting a complete game reboot even if it is the last game I've played
It should automatically.

Now if only EA would stop patching things :roll: .

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Dave wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:46 pm
It works pretty consistently for me.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Wondering if it is messed up because I started with the EA Access trial, did the upgrade to Series X version, deleted, then purchased a physical copy of the game. Thankfully load times are short, but still really annoying.

And am I missing anything, or is the transfer negotiation process incredibly annoying by always going into the dumb negotiation animations/questions/response?
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Dave wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:30 pm
Wondering if it is messed up because I started with the EA Access trial, did the upgrade to Series X version, deleted, then purchased a physical copy of the game. Thankfully load times are short, but still really annoying.

And am I missing anything, or is the transfer negotiation process incredibly annoying by always going into the dumb negotiation animations/questions/response?
As far as I know the physical copy is not an X/S version, only available thru digitally.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I was screwing around the 10 hour trial through the EA Play (or whatever it is called). Is 21 missing customer rosters for "franchise" and a true franchise mode? I just see some UEFA thing.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I’ve been playing FUT since the very beginning of the mode that makes millions for FIFA. You hear stories about teens spending their Papas hard earned cash of up to 7-8K’s to get their Icon Ronaldo or Legend of their choice.

So this leaked document is news now? EA has been making millions alone with FUT mode alone not counting the sales of this franchise.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-di ... 0172379020

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

10spro wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:48 pm
I’ve been playing FUT since the very beginning of the mode that makes millions for FIFA. You hear stories about teens spending their Papas hard earned cash of up to 7-8K’s to get their Icon Ronaldo or Legend of their choice.

So this leaked document is news now? EA has been making millions alone with FUT mode alone not counting the sales of this franchise.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-di ... 0172379020
I think the news is the revelation of an obvious hypocrisy between what EA’s public position is (“we don’t push people to microtransactions”) and some of their internal operations. I’m sure they’re still feeling the effects of the SW:BF 2 loot box debacle from a PR standpoint, and thus want to maintain a public face of “loot boxes are optional, only for fun, never required and also not a key or central part of our business strategy”and are also desperate to avoid the worst-case scenario (countries or the EU banning loot boxes altogether), while still keeping that money hose going as long as possible, especially with FIFA.

I’m curious if they have anything close to the revenue they get from FUT from any of the other UT modes. I highly doubt it. FIFA is a special beast.

But they are a very large company full of contradictions. Personally, I applaud their response to the SW:BF 2 backlash, and frankly think their support for the SW: Squadrons game, for example, with its $40 initial price and continued support, is praise-worthy. It was apparently a passion project for that dev studio and they promoted it and have supported it well.

But I also imagine that up in the corporate offices, they really love that FUT cash flow and would love to find any way they can to plausibly talk out of both sides of their mouth for as long as they can.

If the actual worker bees are upset about working on cash-grab loot-box addiction products, as this article indicates they are, that can’t be good for EA, and it just exposes their blatant trying to have it both ways for what it is.