Tennis World Tour

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Tennis World Tour

Post by sportdan30 »

Well, decided to go with AO Tennis after watching a number of videos. And I’m very happy I did. It’s early, but I’m impressed so far.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I am still on the fence with World Tour but I know I will be buying it before the weekend sets in. I am disappointed that the game is being rushed the way it is and for the developers to say that a couple of patches are on the way.

Based on AO which I am enjoying quite a bit, those updates should improve the current gameplay I’ve watched on YouTube. Let’s remember AO was a joke when it first was delivered in January and after a few updates, the game is quite enjoyable.

I like the fact that there’s a community mode where you can download players from the past such as Agassi, Borg etc and play with those characters. The generic stadiums can also be replaced by actual stadiums that are available in the community for a more immersed tournament experience.

Visuals are still average but overall AO with the latest patches is a fine tennis game once you learn the curves.

The reason I haven’t gotten World Tour yet is because AO is offering me quite a challenge, but I know resistance is futile for me when it comes to this sport. Based on the videos from WT, AO has a deeper creativity and fine community support for your career mode, gameplay is fluid while WT has slightly better graphics and enough of a gameplay to represent the game of tennis that will improve with the promised upcoming.patches.

If you’re not a real fan of the sport, it would make absolute sense to wait for the price to drop down.

Johnny Mac needs to be turned off though from what I have seen and heard.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I love playing tennis and I really would like to play one of these tennis games! I watched some gameplay videos of both games last night on my Xbox, and I just cannot pull the trigger on either game with the current price they sit at. Tennis World Tour looks so janky, but if the patch fixes it, then the career mode really intrigues me. AO's gameplay did look much better, but I'm concerned that the drop shot in that game is too prevalent.

I'm going to give both games another couple weeks or so to put out patches, then re-evaluate them. But I'll definitely be waiting for a sale. Probably whichever one hits $30 first is the one I end up getting. LOL

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I really was expecting to go with Tennis World Tour, and I may still pick it up down the road if they can improve the game. Right now, it's just too disappointing, albeit this is based on watching game play videos. At times it will look pretty good, but then you will see weird ground stroke animations that completely remove the immersion. I've seen on a few occasions the under the leg shot during a rally in which there was no need for it. But more times than not, the ball does not make contact with the racket. That's inexcusable. TWT also seems to play slower and the ball at times seems to float. And where's the atmosphere from the crowd?

AO Tennis is not perfect, but it's much better than I initially thought. The ground strokes for the most part look natural, and truthfully I don't follow tennis like I used to so I can't tell you if a certain player animates correctly. I'm happy with the amount of unforced errors and the challenges are really done quite professionally. I haven't noticed a ridiculous number of long rallies. That said, I think some rallies end with the CPU almost giving up rather than lunging to keep the point going.

Not sure if it's a bug or glitch, but when returning serve, sometimes it feels like the buttons don't respond at all, resulting in an ace from the CPU.

From the default top view, the game looks beautiful. Up close, not as much but better than I expected.

The ball boys/girls are static from what I gather. They never move, which takes away from some immersion. At least, the chair umpire follows the ball.

I've only played a few matches and haven't checked out the career mode. Hopefully it's decent.

The community share is very cool. Creations of some of the top stars is pretty spot on.

Hopefully, both developers will support their games for months to come. They both have potential to be good to very good games. I would still like to see a new Virtua Tennis or Grand Slam Tennis in the future.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

sportdan30 wrote:Well, decided to go with AO Tennis after watching a number of videos. And I’m very happy I did. It’s early, but I’m impressed so far.
Bought the digital download of AO tonight and played 3 matches, lost them all and it will probably take a bit to get my first win. Started a career on pro level and got whacked so I bumped it back down to the default of amateur and still couldn't win a set, actually like that it is going to be a challenge to get a win in this game. Also love that this game has community downloads of players, logos and courts.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

vader29 wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Well, decided to go with AO Tennis after watching a number of videos. And I’m very happy I did. It’s early, but I’m impressed so far.
Bought the digital download of AO tonight and played 3 matches, lost them all and it will probably take a bit to get my first win. Started a career on pro level and got whacked so I bumped it back down to the default of amateur and still couldn't win a set, actually like that it is going to be a challenge to get a win in this game. Also love that this game has community downloads of players, logos and courts.
Nice Vader. The community is great with the extra stadiums, players and wardrobes making the game very customizable. As I was saying earlier, there’s a bit of a learning curve and as you mentioned even on Amateur the game is not easy. There was another update yesterday, make sure you get it although it feels at times that they made it even harder.

Career mode is deep and so far the game is keeping me challenged enough to not rush out for World Tour yet. If you don’t care about the average graphics, there’s a solid tennis game under the hood in AO.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

What is the link for the AO community?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Sudz wrote:What is the link for the AO community?
https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27

And the community to download different players, stadiums, etc is within the game itself.

Man, with the latest patch I think they definitely made the AI even tougher. I could beat the opponent on Pro before with a player with lesser stats, and now it’s a struggle. Hope they reverse things a bit, because as I mentioned before there’s a lot of potential here in making the game stand out.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

http://www.jeuxactu.com/tennis-world-to ... 114051.htm

Translated:
TENNIS WORLD TOUR: BIGBEN ADMITS THAT THE GAME WAS ONLY 20% FINISHED A FEW WEEKS BEFORE ITS RELEASE

The least we can say is that the tennis simulations are not at the party this year. Between AO International Tennis who did not convince us despite its many updates, and Tennis World Tour with which the criticism was ruthless ( 50 average on Metacritic ), there is something to depress. Moreover, speaking of the title of Breakpoint, our confreres of the World managed to draw the worms to Alain Falc, the boss of Bigben Interactive. Indeed, he admitted that a few weeks before the release, the development of the game was completed only 20%. " He nevertheless refused to postpone [the marketing] to not lose the benefit of marketing campaigns already committed, and now plays the firefighter", it is stated in the article.Yes, it is bad at the drafting, because it is the perfect example of the players videoludiques who prefer to leave a finished game with tear and bet on later patches, the Instead, the same Alain Falc believes that Tennis World Tour remains very popular with tennis fans and promises a " re-edition fine tuned " for the next year.Finally, financially, Bigben Interactive seems satisfied. " We put 500 000 pieces on the market but with many distributors who have no right of return, so we know that we will be a beneficiary"He said," We already have the eyes turned to Mario Tennis Aces, who, although he will not be able to embody Federer or Nadal, seems particularly promising on paper.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

vader29 wrote:http://www.jeuxactu.com/tennis-world-to ... 114051.htm

Translated:
TENNIS WORLD TOUR: BIGBEN ADMITS THAT THE GAME WAS ONLY 20% FINISHED A FEW WEEKS BEFORE ITS RELEASE

and promises a " re-edition fine tuned " for the next year.Finally, financially, Bigben Interactive seems satisfied. " We put 500 000 pieces on the market but with many distributors who have no right of return, so we know that we will be a beneficiary"He said," We already have the eyes turned to Mario Tennis Aces, who, although he will not be able to embody Federer or Nadal, seems particularly promising on paper.
Nice hit a run on their part. I seriously doubt gamers will buy into next years re-edition especially if they are required to pay for that as well. Fortunately I still have Top Spin 4, Virtua Tennis 4 and Mario Tennis for the Gamecube and Wii U for my tennis fix.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

They will have to come up with a bunch of updates to keep this game afloat with AO. There’s just poor collision physics between the ball and the racket especially running on your backhand side. There’s potential for a great career mode, the way you decide when to train, when to enter a tournament, practice or take a week off affecting your ranking. But it’s all just that at this point, ideas and concepts that are left to improve for future patches.

Deep inside the gameplay engine, if they can correct those errors, the jerky movements, aiming and weight on the different spin shots, I believe there’s a game that can be enjoyed.

I saw AO on a hard copy for those that are interested, there was another patch last week, and while not perfect it’s deep customization and support from the community creating players from the past and real stadiums make it the tennis game to own.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I just can't pull the trigger on either tennis game. AO looks likes there are way too many unrealistic marathon rallies and that the AI gets to just about everything. TWT looks to be the more fun game of the two, but it pisses me off they release a half-assed game and relying on patches to fix it up. Publish it in Game Preview mode first if they want to pull that.

Unfortunately, I don't have a switch nor do I have any plans to, so no Mario Tennis either. At least Rockstar is making Table Tennis Xbox One X Enhanced. :P

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'd buy TWT at $20 or less and ride out the patches. But not a penny more.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Incoming patch slated for tomorrow for PS4. Xbox version may or may not be ready on time.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

sportdan30 wrote:Incoming patch slated for tomorrow for PS4. Xbox version may or may not be ready on time.
Microsoft's certification of patches typically takes longer than Sony's.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

ONLINE UPDATE AND BEYOND
TENNIS WORLD TOUR·TUESDAY, JUNE 12, 2018
Greetings everyone,

Today marks the digital release of Tennis World Tour on Steam, so there's another platform on which you can claim the court.

Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the online mode is not yet ready for release. At this stage we do not have a confirmed date. We're doing our best to release it as soon as possible, but the chance this will be before next week are very slim.

As soon as we know more details we will share them with you.

We’d also like to take this opportunity to address another topic:

Following an interview of Bigben CEO Alain Falc there has been a lot of discussion both from players and the press regarding the state of development of Tennis World Tour at launch.

The main purpose of the interview was to clarify the status of the game, following the initial criticism of the game at launch and thereafter. There were some misunderstandings during the interview and what Alain was trying to say was that a few weeks before release, the game was still missing 20% of its content. Eventually this lead to our decision to postpone the implementation of the online modes.

Developing games is a very long and complex process that takes a lot of resources, time and work. Common sense suggests that had the game only been 20% complete, you would have ended up with 3 stadiums, 4 or 5 different players and so on. The team at Breakpoint has been working on the game for the past 2 years and the 20% milestone was achieved a long time ago.

As for today, we are completely focused on improving the game and we would like to share our plans for upcoming patches and updates.

The next Update will focus on the following:
• 3 online modes
o Quick match
o Private match
o Ranked matches
• Improved grass courts
• Improved atmosphere during matches (i.e. commentator, crowd reaction)
• Bug fixes, such as the bug preventing coaches and agents to be swapped properly.
• Additionally for Switch and Xbox this will include previous bugfixes and improvements to bring them on par with PS4 and PC

Updates in the weeks following will focus on these topics:
• Adding tournaments in ranked online mode
• AI balancing (increasing unforced errors)
• Improvements to atmosphere around the court (both visuals and audio)
• Adding official outfits to career and adding alternative outfits for pro players
• Bugfixes and improvements based on your feedback
• Further reducing occasions of gaps between racket and ball

Additional content in the next few months:
• Adding doubles mode to the game
• Adding a weekly community challenge mode
• Adding slide animations on clay courts
• Improvements to the career mode
• Additional improvements to atmosphere
• General improvements based on your feedback and bugfixes

We know this launch hasn't been the smoothest, but we are absolutely committed to improving the game going forward.

As always, we thank you for ALL your feedback, keep it coming!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/tennis-w ... 079321048/

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Well Tennis World Tour 2 has been released w/ the Series X/PS5 upgrades and holy hell what an improvement. What used to be an animation mess, with the ball not even really hitting the raquet has been cleaned up considerably and it's actually a fun and challenging game now. Glad I spent the money waiting on the Series X upgrade instead of buying the regular version...I just watched videos when it came out and it didn't seem like an upgrade over the original (this thread's title) so I just passed completely. Then found out about the upgrade and just waited. I've only just started w/ it, but it's definitely got some great potential.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:25 pm
Well Tennis World Tour 2 has been released w/ the Series X/PS5 upgrades and holy hell what an improvement. What used to be an animation mess, with the ball not even really hitting the raquet has been cleaned up considerably and it's actually a fun and challenging game now. Glad I spent the money waiting on the Series X upgrade instead of buying the regular version...I just watched videos when it came out and it didn't seem like an upgrade over the original (this thread's title) so I just passed completely. Then found out about the upgrade and just waited. I've only just started w/ it, but it's definitely got some great potential.
Thanks for the review! This was on my list to grab.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I can definitely see an improvement in players animations but overall the gameplay is still challenging and at times too tilted towards the AI. They’ve added a couple of Legend players which would have cost you a few more bucks on the regular version but I just don’t understand why my profile wasn’t transferable to the X/S version.

I don’t want to restart my career and buy new cards but I guess that’s what they want.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I bought this game and have found it be really hard. I’m getting skunked on the futures tour. My guy is rated 30 and I’m playing guys who are 60+. I’m lucky to score a single point most matches. Thoughts??

Overall, the game looks ok (series x). I’ve played a ton of tennis games over the years. I like the ones that encourage long volleys (virtua tennis was always great at this) with a good mix of sim & arcade. WT feels like it wants to be super-sim, yet it has these magic cards (I don’t really know when to use). I see there is an option to remove cards all together. Anyone play that way? I think I’d like to lose the magic cards, but it maybe it’s actually fun??
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Yeah, I don’t care about the cards either, it’s more of a perk where the developers want you to believe that your player may win a point here and there against a very challenging game. And that’s what I meant by challenging, it’s not easy for sure. Even when you have the AI running around, it still seems to have the last edge as your player fatigues.

I am playing on easy and still find the game difficult. At this point on the X/S version, I am only playing exhibitions for fun as the save feature did not carry over the original Xbox game and I have no time to restart my career even though it means losing all those hard earned cards.

Keep practicing, the game has its moments for sure.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Yeah it’s definitely difficult but that’s the allure to me really. I get bored of tennis games when they become too easy and this one is definitely not. And yes the cards are stupid.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Does this mean it is still not worth getting on the OneX, or do the improvements carry down?
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Aristo wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:57 pm
Does this mean it is still not worth getting on the OneX, or do the improvements carry down?
Gameplay is pretty much the same. Prettier graphics with improved animations is what you’ll see here. Oh, and the addition of a couple of Legends.

Just found out also the tie breaker tens mode. If you don’t care about the cards perk, give it a go, pretty fun, first player that wins 10 games advances to the next round.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Bumping it down to Easy has made all the difference in the world. Pretty fun now.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474