NBA Playgrounds

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NBA Playgrounds

Post by Murph »

Apparently, there a patch out already. http://steamcommunity.com/games/545270/ ... 6759667677

Steam and XB1. Haven't seen it yet on PS4 or Switch.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NBA Playgrounds

Post by tjung0831 »

Murph wrote:Apparently, there a patch out already. http://steamcommunity.com/games/545270/ ... 6759667677

Steam and XB1. Haven't seen it yet on PS4 or Switch.
It's out on PS4 and I'm very tempted to purchase it. Always loved NBA JAM....that was a great game and it's very similar. Developers also say they are going to be adding lots of stuff to it. I think for $20 it's a no brainer.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

I realize there's a Rookie difficulty in Exibition, but they REALLY need to make an Easy/Rookie difficulty for Tourney mode, especially for younger kids (and me) who struggle in the later rounds. It's no fun when the CPU steals at will and hits half court shots and you, the player can barely get out of your own end.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Murph wrote:I realize there's a Rookie difficulty in Exibition, but they REALLY need to make an Easy/Rookie difficulty for Tourney mode, especially for younger kids (and me) who struggle in the later rounds. It's no fun when the CPU steals at will and hits half court shots and you, the player can barely get out of your own end.
I barely ever get the ball stolen from me, and rarely lose any more. The timing thing can be a b*tch until you figure it out. But once you learn it, you can almost hit every shot you take.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Teal wrote:
Murph wrote:I realize there's a Rookie difficulty in Exibition, but they REALLY need to make an Easy/Rookie difficulty for Tourney mode, especially for younger kids (and me) who struggle in the later rounds. It's no fun when the CPU steals at will and hits half court shots and you, the player can barely get out of your own end.
I barely ever get the ball stolen from me, and rarely lose any more. The timing thing can be a b*tch until you figure it out. But once you learn it, you can almost hit every shot you take.
Still trying to get by Shaq and Iverson in the Vegas Final. They steal everything, they block everything, Shaq hits threes. :roll:

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

If you bought NBA Playgrounds on Switch before the patch drops, you get a Shaq Fu for free. (Not the awful 1994 version, although this one may suck too)

http://nintendoeverything.com/shaq-fu-a ... -for-free/

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

worth it on the Switch?

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Sudz wrote:worth it on the Switch?
If this were only released on PS4 and XB1, I probably wouldn't have bought it (too many other titles to play).

With that said, this game came out at the right time as far as Switch is concerned, with a lack of decent launch games. You can also take Switch version on the road.

The game isn't perfect to say the least and Nintendo hasn't released the patch yet that PS4 users already have, but as an NBA Jam wannabe, it's a fun game for $20.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I bought it right away. Enjoyed it for awhile, and have now not touched it since release day. I may have overestimated how much I wanted a new NBA Jam. I played the absolute s*** out of NBA Jam back in the day, both coin-op and on the SNES. I had a roommate that loved the NBA, so we played that and Live nearly everyday.

I would not consider this for the Switch, at all. I don't think it will hold upas a single player game. Maybe with online play on PS4 and XB1, you might have enough people to play. But I have it on XB1, and it's not drawing me in.

I have no idea why someone would buy it on the Switch just because they have too many titles to play on the other consoles. For me, that would mean even less incentive to break it out.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Another update is on the way. 3-point contest, new rebounding system, friend invites, 33 new players, etc.

http://nintendoeverything.com/nba-playg ... d-invites/

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Great to see the updates. I haven't played much since the first patch finally went live on the Switch, but my son was able to clear a tournament we had been stuck on for a while so it seems the first patch really helped with the difficulty spikes.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

NBA Playgrounds 2 was officially announced today with a release date sometime during the summer. No details yet on what's new this year.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Rodster wrote:NBA Playgrounds 2 was officially announced today with a release date sometime during the summer. No details yet on what's new this year.
Got to be greatly improved for me too buy another one. I tried hard to like the first one, but it was just too janky.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Teal wrote:
Rodster wrote:NBA Playgrounds 2 was officially announced today with a release date sometime during the summer. No details yet on what's new this year.
Got to be greatly improved for me too buy another one. I tried hard to like the first one, but it was just too janky.
Yep.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Fooled me once. I won't be purchasing again. I'm holding out hope that the rumor is true that NBA Jam will be announced later this year.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

sportdan30 wrote:Fooled me once. I won't be purchasing again.
This. The Switch version especially.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Well, something is up because the developer recently said the game was being delayed and the news would be all good with a future announcement and now ALL pre-orders are being refunded. Over at the site pastapadre.com some have speculated that one of the big publishers perhaps EA might have something to do with this. Could NBA Playgrounds 2 perhaps become NBA Jam 2?

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

For those of us who bought the original Switch version that was plagued with all sorts of problems, the developer promised a free version of Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn. It’s now available to download for free in the eShop.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

It appears that NBA Playgrounds 2 will now be published by 2K Sports and will fall under the NBA 2K umbrella.