What's going on with EA golf?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

What's going on with EA golf?

Post by Lancer »

Are they making a new game? Rory seems to be dead and not a good game to begin with.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: What's going on with EA golf?

Post by Wilk5280 »

EA golf is dead
GT = Wilk5280

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Wilk5280 wrote:EA golf is dead
I concur.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I was tempted to buy their game when Microsoft was selling it for $12 and I passed after I read all the negative comments and reviews.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Rodster wrote:I was tempted to buy their game when Microsoft was selling it for $12 and I passed after I read all the negative comments and reviews.
Good call....

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

It's a good game. It just has a crappy carrier mode, the lack of decent multiplayer.

On the course, it's still fantastic. It looks fantastic, and offers a nice challenge, although you may have to go to there click, which is where the game shines if you are looking for more difficulty.

For cheap, it's great. It was never worth $60, even after they finally added a decent number of courses for free.

It's in EA Access now.

What I wish is that they would remake the game with Country Clubs, the ability to create private tournaments, and bring back the Play the Pros mode. If they did that, I would buy a new version day one.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Aristo wrote:What I wish is that they would remake the game with Country Clubs, the ability to create private tournaments, and bring back the Play the Pros mode. If they did that, I would buy a new version day one.
That was great when we all played the last TW version that included it...been so long I don't even remember. 2013/2014?

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Aristo wrote:What I wish is that they would remake the game with Country Clubs, the ability to create private tournaments, and bring back the Play the Pros mode. If they did that, I would buy a new version day one.
That was great when we all played the last TW version that included it...been so long I don't even remember. 2013/2014?

13 & 14 were both great, but I think 13 had more legs around here. I still have both and play them occasionally and are permanent fixtures to my gaming collection. If I remember correctly TW13 had one of the biggest threads of that year here at DSP.
GT = Wilk5280

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yep someone still has that trophy I made up, just can't remember who.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

so it's official that the Rory team is done? So no EA Golf games for the foreseeable future? I wish they would put one of the 360 Tiger games on EA Access. I'd be happy playing that than Rory.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I can assure you there is zero chance of any TW games ever being available again. Tiger and EA did not split amicably, and they will not sell anything with his name on it. The only way you can get a TW game is used, or if you already own it digitally, you can re-download what you own. but if you don't own the game, or even courses, there is no way to buy them.

The process in which they do BC requires approval from the publisher, who has to sort out any issues. It is essentially a new game. It's why you also won't see any licensed sports games go BC.

There is nothing official about EA being done with Rory or the PGA, but there is also absolutely no news about them working on a game or an expansion. It feels dead.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Aristo wrote:I can assure you there is zero chance of any TW games ever being available again. Tiger and EA did not split amicably, and they will not sell anything with his name on it. The only way you can get a TW game is used, or if you already own it digitally, you can re-download what you own. but if you don't own the game, or even courses, there is no way to buy them.

The process in which they do BC requires approval from the publisher, who has to sort out any issues. It is essentially a new game. It's why you also won't see any licensed sports games go BC.

There is nothing official about EA being done with Rory or the PGA, but there is also absolutely no news about them working on a game or an expansion. It feels dead.
This.

New forums. Dead.

RM went into the Vault last year. Nothing added to it. Dead.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Our next golf game is The Golf Club 2. I'm anxiously awaiting it. I hope HB releases some more news/videos soon.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25