January - What are you playing?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

January - What are you playing?

Post by Danimal »

I got this idea from a post about a month back from Diablo I think it was. I thought it might be fun / informative to post about what we're playing each month. Sometime leads to unexpected finds etc. Of course you could all hate this idea so I might be the only post. :)

The Division (PB and XB1)
Continues to be my go to pick up and play game. Something about it keeps me coming back, it never feels like a loot grind. Plus our recent Division Tuesday night are fun.

Madden 17 (XB1)
As much as I hate it at time, Terry got me hooked into a league so now I play a ton of Madden game I probably wouldn't if i was just playing SP.

Battlefield 1 (PC)
My Pc shooter group plays this, I'm very bad at it but I try hard. I like the setting and the engine but all the drab colors of WW1 make it hard for me to pick up enemies. Still a blast with a group.

Witcher 3 (PC)
Holiday sales made me pick up expansions and then I started over. It is a hard slog going through all the stuff again but I might end up playing this game on and off for a few years.

Dungeon of the Endless (PC)
This simple rogue like has me hooked. I like the simplicity of it and it provides a very good challenge.

Pinball FX2 (PC and XB1)
Honestly one of my favorite games. when Steam had it sales I was able to pick up everything they have for about $20. I had a lot of content on XB1 but everything for that price is crazy. Plus I found out you can customize a real cabinet with a PC to play these tables. Might be a future project.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: January - What are you playing?

Post by Brando70 »

I like this thread idea!

Resident Evil 4 (XBO)
I only played the game once when it was originally released, and it has been a lot of fun to revisit it. The controls are really terrible, but the game is so entertaining. I'm surprised at how tense and scary it can be even when I know what's coming.

Battlefield 1 (XBO)
Jumped into this a bit over Christmas and really want to dive into it again as soon as I get RE4 out of my system. The maps are awesome and I don't miss the tech from the last couple of BF's as much as I thought I would.

NBA 2k17 (PS4)
Tried out the new expansion mode in MyGM, added 4 teams, and took over the San Diego Admirals. The game is great, but not sure if I'll keep it as I know I won't have time to finish a season.

Madden 17 (XBO)
Probably about to get sold as I rarely play sports games outside of the season. Easily the best Madden I've ever played, though.

Skyrim (XBO)
A black Friday special. I started this right away and played a lot for a couple weeks, but there is something about Bethesda RPGs that always keep me from finishing them -- Fallout 3 is the only one I have completed. I also started going down the path of Destruction magic before remembering that Destruction magic kind of sucks in this game.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Battlefield 1 (XB1)
This one will played quite a bit the rest of the month, haven't given it enough due justice.

Rainbow Six Siege (XB1)
After a very lengthy layoff, I fired this up over the holidays and got completely addicted to Terrorist Hunt all over again. Getting me really excited for Ghost Recon!

Overwatch (XB1)
Arguably my 2016 GOTY. Unfortunately some "bugs" popped up in this over the holidays to temper me wanting to play as much but I'm certain blizzard will squash them very soon.

FarCry Primal (XB1)
Got this for $8 somewhere over the holiday season and started playing it earlier this week and I have to say, it's alot more fun than I expected it to be.

Forza Horizon 3 (XB1)
This game gets played 2 or 3 days a week for a little bit. Really love the Blizzard Mountain expansion.

Games I want to get back into playing more this month: Titanfall 2, Gears of War 4

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

1) Prominence Poker (XBO) - This is a F2P game available on Steam, PS4 and XB1, but there is no crossplay, which is a shame. The developers have been active in adding features and fixes. The game only has 6 man tables, which is perfect for sit and go's, but the game could use some form of multi table tournaments. And it is truly F2P, as you get a infusion of chips everyday, and they really aren't hard to come by.

The have recently added a Ranked tournament Mode. You start off playing 5 Provisional matches, and are then give an ELO score. From there, as you play, you gain or lose rating points based on the quality of opponents you finish in front of and behind. There is still some tweaking that needs to be down, as there are five tiers, but in the first season, only a tiny amount made it to to the second tier. But that was a short season, at shut 20 days. We are now playing a 30 days season. The devs plan on going to a 3 month season, and possibly loosening up the points you can win and lose. A lot of players are frustrated that when you get rated high, it's hard to gain many points.

But from a gameplay perfective, the game is pretty great. If you like Poker games, this is one of the better games to hit consoles.

2) Madden 17 - Yeah, I like this game.

3) NHL 17 - My go to pick up and play sports title.

4) Shooter Smorgasbord - Doom, Halo 5, BF1, Wolfenstein - Too many good ones, but I don't spend a ton of time each.

5) Forza Horizon 3 - Not playing this nearly as much as I should. The game is brilliant and awesome. But poker and football are really taking up most of my time.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Nada. :(
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

All on Xbox One:

Tales from the Borderlands - just finished it.

Division - I am seriously hooked on Survival mode. Its been dominating my game time lately.

Gears 4 - Slowly working through the co-op campaign. Would like to play more Horde mode.

Fallout 4 - recently finished main story line, but have plenty of side quests plus I got season pass DLC. I may put this down for a bit and move on to Witcher 3. I like to focus on one big RPG at a time.

Forza Horizon 3

Madden online franchise

Payday 2 - a couple of friends picked this up on the holiday sale. Meh. But it did cause me to repurchase RB6 Siege. :D

Multiplayer rotation - BF1, SWBF, COD

Singleplayer next up - Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Want to play more: Overwatch, NBA2K, RB6 Siege
Last edited by Pete1210 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Not playing much, sadly.

BF1 (PC)
Project Cars (PC)
NBA 2k17 (PS4)
Madden 17 (PS4)
Forza Horizon 3 (XB1)

That's about it, even though I've got tons of recently released games sitting around. WRC 6, The Division, Steep, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 4, Mafia 3, etc.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Only 3 games in my rotation all on Xbox One:

NHL 17
Star Wars Battlefront
Rock Band 4

Need to spend some time with Forza Horizon 3 and probably should trade in Madden before it shows up in the EA Access vault since I didn't even make it through 1 season with it.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

All PC

GTA V - late to the party, picked it up recently for $30 on Steam

Automobilista, Assetto Corsa, RFactor2, RaceRoom Racing Experience

FIFA 17 - had to decide between this and PES, and since PES still doesn't support 3440x1440, the choice was simple

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

1. BF1 on the XB1 - tremendous FPS. Probably the best in the series.
2. NHL17 with the DSP Dragons weekly on XB1
3. MLB 16 The Show PS4Pro - either RTTS or my winter Phillies franchise until 17 comes out. Best sports game ever...IMO :D
4. Dishonored 2 on PS4Pro - just finished Uncharted 4 last week so this one is next up.
5. The Golf Club on XB1 - still love this game and have been getting back into it of late. Can't wait for TGC2.
6. SWBF, TF2 occasionally. Both are solid games but there are too many games in my rotation already.
Last edited by Diablo25 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

The Division - Xbox One
Subnautica - PC

Wish I had more time to play others :)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

My gametime severely limited due to some bad stuff...

Havent even touched the expansion I downloaded for Dark Souls...Was my deal ......

I do NHL DSP Ice Dragon NHL 17 and Madden 17 MUT only...A story for another time but best Madden game play BY FAR. BY FAR. oh and BY FAR.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

My regular rotation, all on XB1:

The Division
Project Cars
DIRT Rally
Assetto Corsa
Battlefield 1
Rainbow Six Siege
Titanfall 2
F1 2016

I still play the odd game of Madden 17, The Golf Club, Star Wars Battlefront, NHL 16 and FIFA 17. Dishonored 2 and Elite Dangerous are next on the hit list, along with my sons helping me become a better NBA 2K17 player.

A hell of a cornucopia of good games right now ...
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

I got a PlaySeat from Santa so as much play time as possible has been going to racing games.

Forza Horizon 3
F1 2016 (holy sh*t is this amazing with a wheel)
Project Cars
Assetto Corsa (just starting to play this)
Forza 6, although I still can't wrap my head around the driving model using a wheel

Other than those, I've been playing an NHL 17 season with my son and trying to squeeze in a game of PES 2017 when possible.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Lots of dabbling for me.

NHL 17
Dirt Rally (Rift)
Project Cars (Rift)
Perfect Golf
Tricky Towers
Battlefield 1
I Expect You to Die (Rift)
Dead and Buried (Rift)

I also have an absurdly long list of games I want to play ASAP, but they keep getting put off.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

Sadly not much. A little MLB and a little NBA. Most of my free time Im playing inside the paint basketball and second season football--both cards/dice.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Fifa 17 (mainly just FUT mode now)
Forza Horizon 3
Super Mega Baseball
The Golf Club (mainly just my TGCTours rounds)
Football Manager 17

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Great idea Danimal..

Ratchet and Clank - easily the platformer of year for me for 2016. Having a ton of fun with it and love the humor. Probably 50 percent done.

PES 2017 - This is my son's and my go to when we game together. Such a great game and looks beautiful on the Pro.

Forza 3 - So much to do and so little time. I still love picking it up and playing it for 20-30 minutes at a a time. Doubt I'll ever finish it. This and EA Access is the lone reason I still have my Xbox One. Game is phenomenal.

NHL 17 - Play it from time to time, but get frustrated with the blatant AI cheating that tends to rear its ugly head.

NBA 2K17 - Not playing it as much as I thought I would. When I do, it's great, but can't seem to play it on a consistent basis.

GTA 5 - Bought it around November and have put a few hours in to it. Will get back to it after I finish Ratchet and Clank.

RDR - Made it to Mexico...but haven't played in a few weeks.

Rush of Blood - Such a cool VR experience, and a little scary too. :lol:

And a bunch of other VR titles here and there.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Well, THIS list has been a long time coming... :lol:

Battlefield 1(holy sh*t at the graphics!)
Battlefront(see above)
Batman:Arkham Knight (what a great send-off to the series)
The Division (thanks to Terry for helping me get my head wrapped around this as an RPG and not a run 'n' gun shooter...made it MUCH more fun!)
Just Cause 3 (my kids LOVED JC2)
Shadow of Mordor (played this one on the 360, didn't know how bad that one sucked until I popped this one in)

I've played a little Rory McElroy, a game or two of NBA Live 16 (it's pretty good, actually), but mostly the above.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Man, seeing this thread reminds me how little time I devote to playing....

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf (PC) - I am a member of the beta team and this latest update to the game has transformed the gameplay to one that is far more realistic than previous versions. For those of you who have played it, go play it now and see what you think. I believe they have surpassed TGC in ball physics and easily surpass TGC in gameplay Challenge with 4 difficulty levels, the most challenging of which is Tour Pro and it has humbled me. Very challenging to score. Has increased my 72 hole tournament scores 15-20 strokes over the previous build and none of it is frustrating or cheesy. It feels very realistic, especially with the Xbox One Elite controller. Taking up 99% of my gameplay time.

Battlefield One (PC) - Played this for a couple of hours around the time it showed up on Origin. Anxious to try it again with my new graphics card, the Radeon Pro Duo. Basically it is the same chip as my Fiji Nano but there are two Nano chips on the PCB and it comes with water cooling right out of the box. I am getting about 25 - 40% or so better framerates with this then I did with the GTX1080 I had for a short time. Really badass card that luckily I did not have to pay for ($1500 card at retail) as my contact at AMD sent me one a week or so ago to give him some feedback. This should tide me over until the Vega line of GPU's are released in Q1/Q2.....some great technology coming soon from AMD along with a new CPU line that may actually give Intel a run for their money....CES this month should be interesting as their new CPU will be released and the new Vega GPU will be officially announced.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

DivotMaker wrote:Man, seeing this thread reminds me how little time I devote to playing....

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf (PC) - I am a member of the beta team and this latest update to the game has transformed the gameplay to one that is far more realistic than previous versions. For those of you who have played it, go play it now and see what you think. I believe they have surpassed TGC in ball physics and easily surpass TGC in gameplay Challenge with 4 difficulty levels, the most challenging of which is Tour Pro and it has humbled me. Very challenging to score. Has increased my 72 hole tournament scores 15-20 strokes over the previous build and none of it is frustrating or cheesy. It feels very realistic, especially with the Xbox One Elite controller. Taking up 99% of my gameplay time.
I've been waiting for this one to come out for the consoles. It really looks like a nice game. I'd love to give it ago but my desktop computer is a pile of junk.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Diablo25 wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:Man, seeing this thread reminds me how little time I devote to playing....

I've been waiting for this one to come out for the consoles. It really looks like a nice game. I'd love to give it ago but my desktop computer is a pile of junk.
Development is ongoing for Win10 / Xbox One versions released simultaneously with the hope they can do cross platform play.

PS4 version will follow those two.

No dates for potential release yet.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'm toying with the fact of replaying Mass Effect 3 since I never finished it and the new one is coming in March.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XBONE

NHL 17
Doom
Watch Dogs 2

PC

Front Office Football 8
Out of the Park Baseball 17
Draft Day Sports College Football 2017
Master of Orion Conquer the Stars
Dawn of Andromeda
Civilization VI
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

PS4
Overwatch - Still my game of the year for 2016
PES 2017

Xbox One S
Gears of War 4 - Outstanding game...really loving it.
FIFA 17
NHL 17
Madden 17
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM