MLB The Show 17

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

MLB The Show 17

Post by Diablo25 »

I looked for a thread on The Show 17 but only saw a 16 thread. I think we posted some stuff in the Xbox/PS4 Thread also. Anyways...

The Show's official Twitter feed posted a video of Ramon Russell breaking down the new stuff in the trailer. Nothing ground breaking but he did mention some graphical upgrades that are coming to this year's version. The catch was the audio was muted and a censored graphic was over his mouth so nothing was really unveiled. Hopefully PS4 Pro support is in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb6HXRrRzE8

What is the damn secret to embedding a YouTube video? Christ I used to be able to do it without issue. Now its like negotiating a nuclear arms treaty.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB The Show 17

Post by 10spro »

I preordered last week the MVP edition which features added Stubbs and packs. Now it seems that they've added a Hall of Fame edition with a chance to get some legends into your dream team. Diamond Dynasty was my favourite mode easily in 16 and I maybe tempted to get the Hall of Fame edition. Looks like Roberto Alomar will be among some of the new Legends and he's one of my favourites players that wore the Jays uniform.

In the video, he keeps mentioning that the footage was pre Beta, but the visual improvements on Francisco Lindor are impressive.

RTTS seems to get a new story too, so it's looking good. And yeah, they've got to announce it's 4K HDR compatible for my new TV eventually... 8)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:I preordered last week the MVP edition which features added Stubbs and packs. Now it seems that they've added a Hall of Fame edition with a chance to get some legends into your dream team. Diamond Dynasty was my favourite mode easily in 16 and I maybe tempted to get the Hall of Fame edition. Looks like Roberto Alomar will be among some of the new Legends and he's one of my favourites players that wore the Jays uniform.

In the video, he keeps mentioning that the footage was pre Beta, but the visual improvements on Francisco Lindor are impressive.

RTTS seems to get a new story too, so it's looking good. And yeah, they've got to announce it's 4K HDR compatible for my new TV eventually... 8)
Damn right!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

All due respect to Fifa, Madden and other sports franchise but The Show is simply the best of them all. My opinion...and I'm right.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Finally some MLB 17 The Show information. I was just talking with 10S about this last night. Starting on February 7 they are going to do their weekly twitch streams to show gameplay improvements, etc., etc. I know the usual, 10s, DB, myself (and others) are excited for the game. I hope their are some PS4 Pro enhancements. Check their Twitter feed for a video of Ramone explaining everything. He gives some more info on Retro mode also. Cant wait til 2/7.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I likely won't watch or read anything about the game. I like being surprised. But you're right...I'm definitely looking forward to it. Favorite game release of the year.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I likely won't watch or read anything about the game. I like being surprised. But you're right...I'm definitely looking forward to it. Favorite game release of the year.
If you recently found a big interest in FUT, you must try Diamond Dynasty as you build your team to glory by trying to take every single territory from your opponent and build your Dynasty team as you get more coins to get better players.

Addicting mode as hell, and I was surprised I overplayed it even mor than RTTS.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:I likely won't watch or read anything about the game. I like being surprised. But you're right...I'm definitely looking forward to it. Favorite game release of the year.
If you recently found a big interest in FUT, you must try Diamond Dynasty as you build your team to glory by trying to take every single territory from your opponent and build your Dynasty team as you get more coins to get better players.

I played DD Conquest last year a bit but I plan on getting into it more this year.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

10spro wrote:

Oh boy...another time suck. LOL. FUT is the first time I've ever tried the team building stuff...so definitely going to try it more often now. I still sit all day at work thinking about how to adjust my team to eek out a little bit more chemistry, lol.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
10spro wrote:

Oh boy...another time suck. LOL. FUT is the first time I've ever tried the team building stuff...so definitely going to try it more often now. I still sit all day at work thinking about how to adjust my team to eek out a little bit more chemistry, lol.
Yeah, you just cleared the hurdle many gamers fail to see over. It may not be sim, but it is all about team building and how different strategies work against each other.

In fact, the I'd say it not being sim is what helps make it more compelling. It breaks down athletes in terms of abilities in ways that make it like a puzzle to put pieces together. You worry less about whether play A is really like those ratings, and speed more time thinking about how players with different ratings work together.

And baseball is probably the most tailor made game for this.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Tuesday (2/7) is the first stream :). I'll be all over it. The devs are actually quite entertaining during these streams.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Removed
Last edited by Diablo25 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Gameplay and new animations trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2D7SfO5Bgk&sns=em
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Looking good! :D

Trying not to pay as much attention to the pre-release hype but that's becoming more and more difficult.

Pete
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Pete »

This will be my first version on the PS4. Really looking forward to it.

A great deal pre-ordering on Amazon Prime.

By far, my favorite sports game of all time.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

FYI, the developers first live stream is today at 5pm EST on Twitch :D

https://www.twitch.tv/sonysandiegostudio
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Nick Livingston, one of the developers, just said the stream is on a PS4 but they also support PS4 Pro. He said they will address PS4 Pro stuff in a later stream about graphics. That is great news!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Not gonna lie. Junior on the cover has me finally thinking about getting a PS4 and The Show. Between that and the Diamond Dynasty mode and its improvements, I might have to break down and pick this up.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:Diamond Dynasty info trailer.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MLBTheShow/s ... 20/video/1
They definitely beefed up that mode big time with the added events and missions. I just wished they would let you keep a 'Diamond' caliber player from last year ( I got Harper) a, Gold player, silver etc, and build your team from there. It's a long season, so I guess we'll have to grind it out.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I know this is the MLB 17 thread but I threw together a quick RTTS video from 16. Such a great game...the best sports franchise out there. That, and Wrigley is a damn nice yard.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Harold Reynolds and Dan Plesac announced as new color guys on MLB The Show 17.

Ignore the first annoying 15 seconds of the video.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Sounds like commentary is still gonna blow. They only had a small blurb, and it sounded as still and unnatural as it always has. It's telling that for a video introducing them there was so little.

On the other hand, I think the MLB Network presentation stuff, with stats and graphics looks awesome.r