Ghost Recon Wildlands

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands

Post by Danimal »

Well I'm not giving up on it. I want to try it on my PC and see if it makes me feel sick. I suspect not, I really should of downloaded it to my XB1 hooked up to the 4k TV but I didn't.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

pk500 wrote:Terry:
Does GR: Wildlands feel like The Division at all? If so, then I'm all in. The Division is one of my favorite games, period, of the last five years.
Combat is pulled straight from The Division, without the "sticky" cover. You don't hit a button, you just run into cover and it happens. There aren't as many wildly different tech toys (no seeker mines or turrets, for example), but you can use your drone to revive people, provide explosive charges, EMP blasts, etc.

It's more like a slightly-more-realistic Division. With a much larger world. If you go into the game just thinking of it as The Division in a much larger playground with more lethal combat (no more emptying clips into people), with vehicles and more realistic tech toys, you won't really be disappointed.

If you go in expecting something like Arma or huge scale military conflicts, that won't happen. This is more more intimate engagements. You might be up against 35 enemies in a town, but you could take them all out with 35 bullets if your aim is good. The trick is to NOT alert everybody at once, and take them out in groups, sort of like a stealth game.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Oh I love being stealthy and catching them one by one. I am still playing the latest 'Hitman' and I've learned to be more patient when it comes to stealth kills. It takes more time, something you may want to do Solo if that's your thing. There's definitely some 'Division' aspect of the game in here, you just don't need to craft your arsenal as much which I don't mind at all.

If people want the old style of Recon game, you may be disappointed. After all when have you seen a painted guerrila dude driving a Masseratti. :lol:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I would say in my limited experience the one thing it doesn't have like the Division does is the loot drops. The Division was more like Diablo where the loot drops were one of the motivators. After talking to Terry some more, I realize I missed a lot of what this game has to offer by just jumping in coop without knowing how to play, but I didn't see loot drops but maybe I'm wrong.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

There aren't drops. But you find weapon crates with parts. After one tutorial mission I have reflex sights on my MP5 and AR. That changes aiming, without the need for iron sights.

What the Division does for loot, Wildlands does for "explore and find stuff", really.

And the weapon parts you find and can swap out while in the field are very similar to modding weapons in the Division. You have a LOT deeper skill tree in Wildlands than you do in Division, though. Can do everything from revive speed to C4 to sprint stamina to health boosts to weapon sway to hip fire accuracy, etc. What the different guns did in the Division--your skills do here, which I'm OK with.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

To be fair, I'm not expecting to be ARMA or OP:FP. GR, at it's best, hasn't been either of those. I'm still very partial to the original GR on consoles, but I know I'm remembering through rose colored glasses. I loved the previous GR's, even the last one (minus the 'protect the asset on rails' stuff). I dig the Division. So it sounds like I'm good.

I DO think we need another OP:FP with the current gen graphics and processing power. Holy cow. Would that be amazing or what? Also, nothing I do is going to keep our data under the limit for the next 12 days other than going off the grid, so...I might just download the damn beta anyway... :lol:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Teal wrote:Also, nothing I do is going to keep our data under the limit for the next 12 days other than going off the grid, so...I might just download the damn beta anyway... :lol:
Now you're talkin'!

I can't believe it. Teal is going to be playing a current-gen game that's still new, before it's been out for years :lol:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

TCrouch wrote:
Teal wrote:Also, nothing I do is going to keep our data under the limit for the next 12 days other than going off the grid, so...I might just download the damn beta anyway... :lol:
Now you're talkin'!

I can't believe it. Teal is going to be playing a current-gen game that's still new, before it's been out for years :lol:
LMAO! True that, true that...

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Finally got the beta downloaded. Had some issues last night. Hoping to get some time with it in a bit.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Take back everything I said, played on the PC was a load of fun and much better than standard Xbox. Terry and I did some coordinated take downs, just had a blast.
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Well, I downloaded it. I'm weak as water. Lol. BUT IT ALLOWED me to kick the tires for myself, and I gotta say...I cannot wait to get my hands on the full game. Holy moly.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'mm too tired to edit this, but here is 2 hours of Terry and I playing on the PC

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124559798
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:Well, I downloaded it. I'm weak as water. Lol. BUT IT ALLOWED me to kick the tires for myself, and I gotta say...I cannot wait to get my hands on the full game. Holy moly.
Loved it. We got owned a few times but that plane getaway was hilarious! Get in! Get in! Lets go! Lets Go!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just played some more campaign solo and man its fun stuff. Like you guys said it definitely has a Division vibe to it. Got a little bit of a grasp on controlling the squad with the right bumper in the session I just competed. Love grabbing intel, skills points, marking supplies, and ranking up. Its turning out to be better than I was hoping for. Looking forward to the final release more.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Follow Me on:

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

That looked awesome guys.
Teal , looked very Flashpointy to me. Now I'm intrigued. :D

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Kopp-Etchells effects on the rotors, particularly with the NV enabled, is some seriously delicious eye candy.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Though I would post some daytime footage from last night as well.
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Jimmydeicide wrote:That looked awesome guys.
Teal , looked very Flashpointy to me. Now I'm intrigued. :D
Y'know, I wouldn't put the game firmly into that category, but the more I play, I see hints of it. It can get HARD, the AI is actually pretty lethal when they're on to you, and it's a fine, fine addition to the GR library.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I know this is quite obivious but its best to not engage the bad guys every time you see them :). I was doing that early but now I've started picking and choosing my fights. That was a good move :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

A little solo player action using the AI interface :D

https://gameclipscontent-d3015.xboxlive ... 55cd27b4f8
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

My GR: Wildlands beta experience mirrors that of Danimal.

I played the opening mission solo and thought, "What the f*ck?" It wasn't Ghost Recon. It was Grand Theft Bolivia having a nice morning three-way with the Just Cause and Far Cry sisters.

The AI was idiotic. The weapons were too accurate. I was bumming hard.

So I saw Teal playing online and messaged him. I asked him what he thought, and he said he loved it. Teal loves his realistic shooters, and I always respect his opinion. So I thought: "Huh? Is he playing the same damn game?"

I figured I probably was missing something, so I joined Teal in a co-op game. The result was a similar scene to Chuck Heston parting the Red Sea in "The Ten Commandments."

We played a mission in which we had to raid a jungle camp at night, and it was INTENSE. Probably took us eight or 10 tries and two distinct changes in strategy to beat those hombres. And it was TOUGH -- on the normal skill level! We had to talk and help each other the whole time, almost like we used to with Danimal in Operation Flashpoint: Red River.

Teal and I also played another mission last night in which we approached a camp from the side of a mountain at night and had to destroy four missile launchers. We got SLAUGHTERED, regardless of our approach. We came damn close one time to eliminating the bad guys, but that was it.

So much fun. Thanks so much to Teal for opening my eyes and showing me this game's true identity.

This is the open-world Ghost Recon game we all wanted. Moving to Bolivia and moving away from the BS futuristic weapons of GR: Advanced Warfighter has revived this series in the same way moving to the rarely-traveled era of World War I has been a defibrillator for the Battlefield series.

Pre-ordering today.
Last edited by pk500 on Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Team and myself had a ball the other night. Get ready for March 7th.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Get ready to do this a lot! :lol: Teal and I got pretty good at it when running into those UNIDAD dudes.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Hand job? What button is that.