Black Friday 2016

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Black Friday 2016

Post by sportdan30 »

Sam's Clubs deals

TVs:

Vizio 50-inch 4K SmartCast TV for $348 (currently available elsewhere for $498)
Vizio 60-inch 4K SmartCast TV for $548 (currently $698)
Vizio 70-inch 4K SmartCast TV for $928 (currently $1,198)
Samsung 75-inch 4K smart TV for $1,998 (currently $2,599)
Samsung 78-inch curved 4K smart TV for $3,498 — online only (currently available elsewhere for $4,997.99)
Cameras:

Nest Cam for $149 (regularly $198)
GoPro Hero4 Silver bundle for $199 (regularly $249)
Nikon D3400 two-lens bundle for $499 (regularly $649)
Consoles:

PlayStation 4 with Uncharted 4 for $249 (regularly $299)
Xbox One S with Battlefield 1 or Minecraft and extra controller for $249 (regularly $353)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Black Friday 2016

Post by 10spro »

I like the BB deal with the Uncharted 4 package and two other games for $250.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/14/13627 ... ack-friday

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Microsoft has a crap load of games on sale already part of their BF deals. I picked up WRC 5 e-sports edition $5, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood $6.60 and Metro Redux bundle is $6.

Rare Replay is under $10 as well.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Batman Telltale Series Episode 1 - Free for next 5 days on XBL

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

sportdan30 wrote:Sam's Clubs deals

TVs:

Vizio 50-inch 4K SmartCast TV for $348 (currently available elsewhere for $498)
Vizio 60-inch 4K SmartCast TV for $548 (currently $698)
Vizio 70-inch 4K SmartCast TV for $928 (currently $1,198)
Samsung 75-inch 4K smart TV for $1,998 (currently $2,599)
Samsung 78-inch curved 4K smart TV for $3,498 — online only (currently available elsewhere for $4,997.99)
Cameras:

Nest Cam for $149 (regularly $198)
GoPro Hero4 Silver bundle for $199 (regularly $249)
Nikon D3400 two-lens bundle for $499 (regularly $649)
Consoles:

PlayStation 4 with Uncharted 4 for $249 (regularly $299)
Xbox One S with Battlefield 1 or Minecraft and extra controller for $249 (regularly $353)
Dan, are these ON Black Friday only? Do you have to go to a SC to get one, or can they be bought online?
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Just scored the Xbox One S with BF1 and an extra controller for 249 at Sam's...see you f*ckers this Christmas... :D

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Teal wrote:Just scored the Xbox One S with BF1 and an extra controller for 249 at Sam's...see you f*ckers this Christmas... :D

Woohoo!
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Teal wrote:Just scored the Xbox One S with BF1 and an extra controller for 249 at Sam's...see you f*ckers this Christmas... :D
Welcome aboard! Now I'll finally have someone from DSP to play Battlefield with. :D

My BF game buys:
Overwatch, $35 xbox digital
Witcher 3 complete, $25 Bestbuy
Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate, $20 BestBuy (bought it for the season pass)
Assassins Creed Syndicate, $8 Target
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

RIGHT ON! No chance of an early Christmas at the Teal Farm? :)

My BF purchases on Thanksgiving Night:

Rainbow Six Siege: $15 new, Wal-Mart
Elite Dangerous: $20 new, Xbox Store
Assetto Corsa, $17 used, Gamefly

Seriously done with all purchases until Ghost Recon Wildlands in March. I looked at my installed game collection last night in My Games and Apps, and I think I have purchased about eight to 10 games in the last two months.

Time to pump the brakes, even if I pay full price for NOTHING. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Looking forward to your Corsa review, pk.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fletcher21 wrote:Looking forward to your Corsa review, pk.
I know the AI sucks. I know the graphics are barely current-gen. I know the online code is a mess. But I've read nothing but effusive praise for the sim qualities of the driving model, even with a controller.

So if this ends up being nothing but a game for sublime hot lapping and Time Attack with great cars on great tracks, I'm cool with that at $17.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I have already a huge backlog so I only got two games today. The Bioshock collection, including 'Infinite' which I really enjoyed.

Deus Ex, Mankind Divided.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:I have already a huge backlog so I only got two games today. The Bioshock collection, including 'Infinite' which I really enjoyed.

I havent gotten anything because I also have a backlog of games. I MIGHT snag Sniper Elite 3 for $9 off the PSN store.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I got Oddworld and RDR for a total of around $15 lol. And I won't have time to finish either of them!

Someone needs to invent a time freezer.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

No, Paul, I'm gonna exercise proper restraint, pal. :lol: I also got the SW:BF special edition from BB today. I picked up Titanfall 2, as Walmart had it for 25 bucks, but put it back...it matters when you get three games in one day and ALL of them are FPS...lol. Even for ME. :D So I picked up the XBO Disney Infinity 3 starter pack for 19 bucks instead. The kids are bonkers about those games.

I'll likely get Titanfall at some point (as I played the hell out of the first one), but I just couldn't justify three shooters at the same time. Probably pick up Dirt Rally soon as well. Know I'm way behind the 8 ball, but the positive is that I can catch up on the cheap... :twisted:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Diablo25 wrote:

This made me chuckle heartily, bro. Looking forward to hearing you cuss about your hockey matches again soon... :lol:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Diablo25 wrote:
10spro wrote:I have already a huge backlog so I only got two games today. The Bioshock collection, including 'Infinite' which I really enjoyed.

I havent gotten anything because I also have a backlog of games. I MIGHT snag Sniper Elite 3 for $9 off the PSN store.
Super-fun game. I finished the campaign. Snag it!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Far Cry Primal $15 PSN store

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Not a black friday post per se, but a great deal post. The Anki Overdrive set, normally 150 is 100 today on Amazon. It's absolutely worth every penny and it's a fantastic gift.

https://www.amazon.com/Anki-000-00031-O ... tarter+kit

My 4 year old son got it and knows how to play, so any kids older than that, it's perfect for. We have a bunch of cars and expansions for it already, but the starter kit is a perfect kickoff to the set. Cars and software constantly updated with new modes and abilities...and it works pretty flawlessly.

Can't recommend it highly enough. Just look at the reviews on amazon too.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Bought Bloodborne for the PS4 for $11.99 this afternoon from Best Buy. Crazy low price, although I don't know when I'll get to playing it with everything I have in my collection.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote:Bought Bloodborne for the PS4 for $11.99 this afternoon from Best Buy. Crazy low price, although I don't know when I'll get to playing it with everything I have in my collection.
I almost did the same and also DS 3 on the PC. then I realized I haven't finished one of these games. My old man skills are dwindling. I played SWBF this weekend and ended a match with 3 kills and 43 deaths. 8O
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Bought Bloodborne for the PS4 for $11.99 this afternoon from Best Buy. Crazy low price, although I don't know when I'll get to playing it with everything I have in my collection.
I almost did the same and also DS 3 on the PC. then I realized I haven't finished one of these games. My old man skills are dwindling. I played SWBF this weekend and ended a match with 3 kills and 43 deaths. 8O
It's one of the reasons I never bought it at full price. I've read a lot about the difficulty and if I was going to buy it, it would be at a significant price drop. Hard to pass up this price even if I only play a third to half of the game. I'm trying to experience some new genres I've never played, and there was just so much acclaim about this game I just had to try it.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fletcher21 wrote:Looking forward to your Corsa review, pk.
Received Assetto Corsa today for XB1. Played a few practice sessions and a race, so these are early impressions.

In a tidy box: Assetto Corsa is a mess. This table of rubbish was set for me by mediocre to bad reviews and feedback from sources I trust, including DSP cats. No one was wrong.

This game suffers from many problems. A list of filthy laundry:

1. The car count is weak. Additional cars are available through DLC. But it's irritating that all of the Japanese cars -- I'm a Mazda zealot -- only are available as DLC. Even with DLC, the number of available cars is weak compared to this game's closest competitor, Project Cars.

2. The track roster is weak. Classics such as Brands Hatch, Silverstone, Spa, the Nordschleife and Monza (including 1966 circuit) are present. But I didn't see a single North American circuit. Nothing from Asia, either.

3. The graphics are PS3 quality, at best. It's pretty disconcerting to blocks of pixels and sprites in a game released in 2016, but AC takes you back in time graphically. It's not nostaglic. It sucks.

4. The framerate is appalling. I don't know the difference between 50 and 60 FPS. But I know this game is running 30 FPS or less, and there are times it chugs like a slide show in some corners with heavy traffic. A bit too much draw-in and screen tearing, too.

5. The racing line either is all on or all off. There is no "corners only" option like in Project Cars or Forza 6. Not a biggie but still grating.

6. The force feedback lacks nuance for a game that supposedly features laser-scanned tracks. Project Cars offers far better tactile feedback of the track surface, although AC's trigger feedback under braking is sublime.

7. The racing AI is just as bad as everyone says. I'm running at Monza, preparing to enter the Lesmos, when two cars approach me. I hold my line to let them pass, and one of them just plowed into the back of me and spun me even though I gave him plenty of room.

Now, for the positives:

1. This game handles VERY well with a controller out of the box. A refreshing change from Project Cars. I probably spent three to four hours of tweaking to find a controllable setup with a controller in Project Cars.

2. The driving model is very good. You get a fine feel for weight balance and tire grip, with varying, predictable control. The Lotus 49 dances on a knife edge, as expected. The BMW Z4 GT3 sports car is far more pliable. Still, I think the Project Cars driving model creates a better impression of weight transfer and tactile sensations than AC. I don't think the gap between the driving model in AC and Project Cars is nearly as large as many say online. If the AC driving model rates 9 out of 10, then PC probably is 8 or 8.5 out of 10. AC's driving model is far more predictable, which I like.

3. The game features "Factory" assists settings, like Project Cars. Use this setting, and the car will be presented to you in the way it is/was to actual drivers. The Lotus 49 won't have ABS or traction control, while more modern cars will. Love this.

I bought Assetto Corsa for $17 used through Gamefly. I can't recommend it, even at that price. The driving model is very nice, but everything else in the game is so underdeveloped or bare bones that this probably will be nothing but a hot-lapping game until I trade it in, probably pretty soon.

AC on consoles reminds me of a dilapidated wooden outhouse built on a perfect concrete foundation reinforced with rebar. Great foundation supporting a dank sh*thouse.