Nintendo Switch

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by sportdan30 »

Anyone picking up Golf Story today? I've only read one review but it sounds pretty good with a nice mix between RPG and golf.

Stardew Valley recently got approved by Nintendo. Looking forward to a release date finally. This game is going to be a big time sink for me to play before bed.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

sportdan30 wrote:Anyone picking up Golf Story today? I've only read one review but it sounds pretty good with a nice mix between RPG and golf.

Stardew Valley recently got approved by Nintendo. Looking forward to a release date finally. This game is going to be a big time sink for me to play before bed.
WHAT!?!?! Had no idea this was coming out for the Switch!! Thanks for the heads up!! I wish it was more like Sid Meir's Golf, but it still looks great!

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I just downloaded it and will fire it up soon.

Fifa 18 is ordered from Amazon so hopefully will get to play it this weekend.

With my kiddos tying up the TV during my gaming time, the Switch is my only gaming device. So happy to have it.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

pigpen81 wrote:I just downloaded it and will fire it up soon.
Would love to hear your impressions of Golf Story.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Anyone picking up Super Mario Odyssey?

The CNET review calls it a damn masterpiece.

It's getting rave reviews as the best Mario game ever.

Can't wait to pick it up!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Anyone picking up Super Mario Odyssey?

Hell yes I'm getting it. After finishing Zelda (and now going back to finish it completely), I'm looking for something new.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:

Hell yes I'm getting it. After finishing Zelda (and now going back to finish it completely), I'm looking for something new.
Deciding if I'll go to the store this evening at 11 p.m. to pick it up or just wait until tomorrow. Would be nice to play it at lunch tomorrow. I probably should have ordered it digitally but I'm a sucker for free stuff on pre-orders.

Then again, my son is staying up late to try and pre-order the Iphone X. So, I won't be the only moron up late.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

!

Post by Naples39 »

sportdan30 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:

Deciding if I'll go to the store this evening at 11 p.m. to pick it up or just wait until tomorrow. Would be nice to play it at lunch tomorrow. I probably should have ordered it digitally but I'm a sucker for free stuff on pre-orders.

Then again, my son is staying up late to try and pre-order the Iphone X. So, I won't be the only moron up late.
Looks great IMO. I'm very tempted to pick up a Switch now!
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Switch must be red-hot.

Target is going to have a Buy 2 get 1 free sale coming up but they exclude Switch games.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10681708-targe ... BarV2Algo1

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I went ahead and ordered the Mario bundle from Amazon. I ordered a screen protector, don't know if that's still a problem where you get scratches on the screen.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:I went ahead and ordered the Mario bundle from Amazon. I ordered a screen protector, don't know if that's still a problem where you get scratches on the screen.
Yup. Dumbest design ever. If you're careful it's not an issue but if you've got kids, you need a screen protector.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Kids? Those goobers can play with it plugged into the TV. Only dad plays in the tablet mode.

and yeah... getting Mario. Better be good.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

I guess the powers that be really wanted me to get a Switch. Yesterday my Logitech wheel and stand ($600 all in) arrived from Amazon only to have the wheel not work at all. Rather than deal with all the headaches that it seems these wheels carry with them, I decided to send everything back and grab a Mario themed Switch. The 3D Mario games have always been my favorites, so I'm really excited to play this one.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

SMO lives up to the hype. It is an amazing gaming experience.
Last edited by sportdan30 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

The level design in SMO is just awesome, along of course with the music. This game is incredibly fun to play.

This is definitely a contender for my game of the year!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I recieved my Switch today and I'm about to send it back. If you thought Microsoft's UI on the XONE was a cluster##k, Nintendo's network ID system takes it a few notches higher. I have a WiiU and 3DS original using the same ID and the Switch would not accept the email address and password. So I had to create a new ID using the same email address and password. So now I have the Switch on a new created ID which I thought was the same for the WiiU and an original 3DSbut according to Nintendo it isn't.

So I tried linking my 3DS XL which is my second 3DS to the supposedly newly created ID and Nintendo says it's already assigned to another 3DS which so happens to be the original 3DS.

tl;dr So I couldn't link the Switch to a previous account so I had to create a new ID and when I tried to add a second 3DS it says it was already in use. What a f##king mess. :lol:

What really sucks is I had money in the WiiU and original 3DS shop account I wanted to use. And for some reason the Switch I got has sh*t poor wifi signal reception both of my 3DS'es have strong signal strength and the Switch signal strength disappears at the same distance.

edit: I finally got to merge all the accounts, damn I take for granted how easy Sony and Microsoft makes it, sheesh.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I'm 3 hours into Golf Story and loving it. It has just enough challenge and the story is hilariously funny.

30+ games into Fifa 18 and it is itching my soccer itch.

I just finished the 4th and final guardian dungeon on Zelda and I'm still loving it.

I will pick up SMO for the holidays if we can hold out.

I play my Switch only in portable mode as my tv is tied up constantly by my boys who are playing Fortnite, Titanfall 2, and Rocket league. I am so happy to have another alternative, especially one as good as the Switch.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

So far I've been pretty impressed with this little device. For those still on the fence, the Oddessy bundle which features the Mario red Joycons and carrying case, is nice starter package. I'm surprised the home menus etc are so lifeless compared to the Wii u and 3ds, but maybe it will beef up eventually.

Oddessy is a top quality game no doubt. Zelda will be next, followed by Stardew Valley, Splatoon 2 and Arms.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Gotta say that ARMS is a blast so far...

I've always wanted to get into fighting games, but every time I buy one, I end up getting overwhelmed with the controls.

ARMS is perfect because the controls are simple yet there are layers of strategy to uncover as you like. I love how you can mix and match the different arms.

And obviously, as a first party Nintendo game, it looks amazing and has a great charming art style. If you haven't checked out the replay mode, I recommend it - the slow motion replays are perfect for dissecting just wtf happened in a given fight.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Is a carrying case or screen protector necessary?

Seems like the Super Mario Odyssey bundle isn't that great a deal vs. buying the console and the physical game separately. It's $10 more for the bundle and the only thing you'd get is some red carrying case.

I'd use it mostly in portable mode so a case could be useful but does the screen scratch easily?

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

wco81 wrote:Is a carrying case or screen protector necessary?

Seems like the Super Mario Odyssey bundle isn't that great a deal vs. buying the console and the physical game separately. It's $10 more for the bundle and the only thing you'd get is some red carrying case.

I'd use it mostly in portable mode so a case could be useful but does the screen scratch easily?
Others have reported that scratching could be an issue if you roughly take it in and out of the dock.

If it was just me carrying it around to play in portable mode, I wouldn't cover it (in order to keep the highest picture quality possible) - I don't think it would be too prone to accidental scratches, as long as you put it in the case after playing it. I

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I know it's an old game but I am excited to be able to get a version of Skyrim that I can take anywhere with me. Picking this one up today for sure.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

ScoopBrady wrote:I know it's an old game but I am excited to be able to get a version of Skyrim that I can take anywhere with me. Picking this one up today for sure.
Amazing to see such a huge game playing on a tiny tablet like the Switch.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

From the Zen Studios Facebook page:

“Pinball FX3 releases on the Nintendo Switch December 12! Pinball on the go in two weeks!”
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1