Nintendo Switch

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by Murph »

sportdan30 wrote:Well damn....now WWE 2K18 is coming to the Switch. I'm not upset, but knowing my son is going to want this version along with the PS4 version makes me not as excited!
So NBA 2K18 and now WWE 2K18. It's probably too much to hope Take-Two would bring a GTA game to Switch. :twisted:
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Well got my Switch on Sunday and have been playing Zelda with it in the dock, honestly haven't even tried it as a hand held yet. I have no idea how to charge the controllers once they die but I'll figure it out. I think Zelda is a great game, the system probably shines as a hand held but as a TV / Console it feels more like a gimmick than anything else. Still I don't have any buyers remorse since Zelda is so fascinating.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:Well got my Switch on Sunday and have been playing Zelda with it in the dock, honestly haven't even tried it as a hand held yet. I have no idea how to charge the controllers once they die but I'll figure it out. I think Zelda is a great game, the system probably shines as a hand held but as a TV / Console it feels more like a gimmick than anything else. Still I don't have any buyers remorse since Zelda is so fascinating.
Just connect them to the sides of the console in the dock. That charges them.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Nintendo Switch Online App gets trashed in this review:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin ... 4b7fc976c2

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I;m really, really enjoying Zelda. The more I play the more "I didn't know you could do that" moments occur. Even though the environments feel really sparse and not much like a living world it still is great fun.

What I'll do with this things after the game is done I have no idea.
Follow Me on:

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Picked up a Switch for my kids the other day. My plan was to get them one for Christmas, but I may give it to them this weekend. The only problem is there aren't many games they are interested in. My 9 year old says Zelda looks cool, but I have a feeling she would get frustrated and lose her desire to play it after the cool looking graphics wore off. Is Zelda a game that you spend a lot of time wandering around and not knowing where to go? I remember Ocarina of Time being one of my favorite games ever. It had the perfect pace and difficulty level.

There are some cool Nintendo exclusives coming this fall/winter, but for now it still feels like a Zelda console, which is pretty pitiful on Nintendo's part.

I am going to order the Pro controller, since they love their Wii and Wii U Pro controllers. I assume it's still a rock solid controller to have.

There are hundreds of reviews online, but how do you guys feel about Zelda? A lot of people on here are older than the 22 year old YouTube reviewers out there. Can a 30-40-50something year old play Zelda and actually get into it? I loved Zelda on SNES and N64, but I haven't played one since then. I love the idea, but if the game came out as something without the Zelda name attached to it, is it still that awesome? People are saying one of the best games EVER, which is pretty high praise. How much of that is the Zelda mystique?

I'll probably pick up Zelda this weekend regardless. If we don't like it, I should be able to sell it on craigslist for a $10 loss. Or sell it back to Gamestop for $15 LOL

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Zelda is awesome. My 10 year old nephew loves it and plays the heck out of it. A lot of wandering, yes, so the guides on Polygon and IGN are pretty useful.

He also can't wait for Splatoon tomorrow...one of his favorite Wii U games ever. So yeah, from a 10 year olds perspective, the Switch is good. I've been plugging along in Zelda as well, but I'm more of a sports gamer so it's a sporadic thing. Mario Kart is another great one, and my 5 year old can play that.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Zelda is awesome. My 10 year old nephew loves it and plays the heck out of it. A lot of wandering, yes, so the guides on Polygon and IGN are pretty useful.

He also can't wait for Splatoon tomorrow...one of his favorite Wii U games ever. So yeah, from a 10 year olds perspective, the Switch is good. I've been plugging along in Zelda as well, but I'm more of a sports gamer so it's a sporadic thing. Mario Kart is another great one, and my 5 year old can play that.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a 10/10 game, assuming you haven't played the Wii U version to death like my kids have lol. The battle mode addition and the other changes aren't enough to warrant a purchase. We already have all the DLC tracks, and they've probably got close to 100 hours out of it. Not sure how often Nintendo releases Mario Kart games, but Mario Kart 9 will probably be awesome if they can build on 8.

Kirby, Sonic and Mario Odyssey are the 3 must have games that are coming out for my kids. I hear you on the sports gaming part of it. I couldn't imagine getting 2K or Madden on the Switch instead of PS4 or XB1.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

There is a lot of wandering in Zelda and some of the puzzles are a bit annoying. Like trying to kill a board to make a meal to get warm clothing to get off the plateau. However the simplicity of it's open world is also very enjoyable. Plus finding new ways to do things and the climbing of course.

I'm really, really loving it but I love CRPG's. I mean if you sat me in a room and said you can only play 1 CRPG's for the rest of my life I would still pick Witcher 3, but Zelda has captured my interest enough to pull me away from Horizon on the PS4.
Follow Me on:

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

fletcher21 wrote: I hear you on the sports gaming part of it. I couldn't imagine getting 2K or Madden on the Switch instead of PS4 or XB1.
I don't think Madden is coming out on the Switch but Fifa is.

If anything, the Switch might get me to buy these games again, they've gotten so tired over the years.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

I was a BIG fan of the last Splatoon game so I am looking forward to tomorrows release.

BUT...

It seems like they have really poorly implemented the voice chat phone app thing. I was fine with it in concept. I would actually rather just use my phone as a separate control for game and lobby chat if it was done well. But I'm reading lots of downsides in it's implementation - like you can't open another app (i.e. texting) or you will lose connection, etc...
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I'd love to get excited about RBI Baseball on the Switch, but the console versions have been such a let down. Now, if Super Mega Baseball ever comes to the Switch, a definite buy for me.

Thinking about picking up Splatoon 2 as I never played the first one. 6-10 hours of single player doesn't sound too bad. My concern is the multiplayer. With weak online chat capabilities, strategy is out the window for the most part. Is it chaotic and fun even if you're not a skilled player?

Haven't played Zelda in a while. I'm like Db in that I first reach for a sports or racing title. However, once I start playing it's difficult not to play for a good hour or two. I love the collecting of bugs and monster parts. It's fun to cook and come up with a recipe. I figure I'll be playing this game for many months to come as it'll take me that long to complete.

When are they going to announce an Animal Crossing game for the Switch? Would be absolutely perfect on the go.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

My TV will be tied up forever now that Splatoon 2 has come out. My 9 year old played the first version on the WiiU to death and he says this one blows it away so far.

Super Mega Baseball 2 would be epic on the Switch. My son is all over that game on the Xbox One. I tweeted that to the devs and they liked it :) Imagine them getting the backing from the big N to make a Ken Griffey Baseball like game: Aaron Judge Baseball, Bryce Harper Baseball or Mike Trout Baseball? :)

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

so you guys are using it more in docked mode than in handheld mode?

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

wco81 wrote:so you guys are using it more in docked mode than in handheld mode?
I mostly play Zelda in handheld mode with my reading glasses and it is great.

My son plays Splatoon and most games in docked mode mainly because he has the TV. :(

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I've only used it in non-handheld mode once.

Splatoon. kinda fun. Had to take off the motion controls though.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I've only used the dock mode myself
Follow Me on:

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

I think I've only used it docked once or twice.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Had connection issues with Splatoon 2 the first day, but last night was flawless. I must have played over a dozen games of Turf Wars while sitting on the couch watching the Cardinals game, and didn't have one issue playing online. Such a fun game, and the single player is also quite fun and challenging.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Full press release

Resident Evil Revelations launches 29th August on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Late 2017 for Nintendo Switch

Now updated for current generation consoles, Resident Evil Revelations is the acclaimed survival horror title featuring series veterans Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield as they investigate the reportedly abandoned “Queen Zenobia” cruise ship. This new version features a smoother 1920x1080 resolution, an improved framerate, increased environmental detail and refined creature movement, defining this as the best-looking version of the game to date. All previously released downloadable content is also included in the game as unlockable rewards.

Take on hordes of enemies with a friend online in the returning Raid Mode, which includes “The Ghost Ship: Chaos,” a fresh take on the popular stage with more powerful weapons and ways for players to upgrade their arsenal, and remixed enemy placements for an added challenge. Additionally, four controller schemes based on control types from across the entire series are available in this version of the game for a more flexible experience to accommodate different playstyles.

Resident Evil Revelations launches on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on 29th August. A Nintendo Switch release of both Resident Evil Revelations and its follow up Resident Evil Revelations 2, which features series favourites like Claire Redfield and Barry Burton as they face untold horror, will also be available in Late 2017.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

FIFA 18 Switch version. (Not great quality video)

https://youtu.be/ODEp8ZRF7y8

I won't be playing this version. There's too much 4K hype around here and I'm easily manipulated. :D

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I haven't played Zelda in weeks and haven't turned this on in weeks either. I knew this would happen but I went in anyway. I'll probably unload this soon.
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:I haven't played Zelda in weeks and haven't turned this on in weeks either. I knew this would happen but I went in anyway. I'll probably unload this soon.
I was kind of in the same boat until my nephew came over and got me motivated to play Zelda. Now my 5 year old loves sitting next to me and helping me solve puzzles and find treasures. It's become quite the bonding activity. I didn't expect him to like watching so much.

The game is absolutely fantastic too. Worth every penny of the cost of a switch even if it's the only game i owned. But I do have Mario Kart we play quite often as well.

The system is pretty damn good overall. And still shocking you can't find them in a store regularly.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Original NES Golf game hidden in Switch OS.

http://mashable.com/2017/09/17/nintendo ... TWOS45pOqc