Nintendo Switch

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by sportdan30 »

Just announced.... Super Mega Baseball 2 will be coming to the Nintendo Switch on July 25th! :D

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

A class action lawsuit is being filed against Nintendo for faulty Joy-Cons (drifting problems). The lawfirm wants to hear from gamers if they are having a problem. https://chimicles.com/cskd-files-class- ... ng-issues/

I rarely use my Nintendo Switch so my Joy-Cons still work, no drift.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Nintendo Instructs Customer Service to Fix Notorious Joy-Con Drift for Free, According to Report

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/ninten ... -to-report

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Thanks. I already submitted my ticket.

I will also be picking up SMB2. My 11 year old has played the xbone version a ton and cannot wait to play me on the switch using crossplay.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

pigpen81 wrote:Thanks. I already submitted my ticket.

I will also be picking up SMB2. My 11 year old has played the xbone version a ton and cannot wait to play me on the switch using crossplay.
I played SMB2 on the Switch all weekend. We got a new puppy recently so we have her mostly in the kitchen so it's been nice to play the game on the handheld while watching her. This game is just awesome. I'm currently 3-2 on an abbreviated 26 game season with the Wild Pigs. Games are fun and go by quickly. I love that I can shut off the Switch within a second if I need to. Dare I say I enjoy playing this more than The Show...crazy!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Got my Lite today...awesome little system. Built for handheld obviously so it feels a lot more sturdy and solid in hand. I wasn't a big fan of the OG in handheld because of the creakiness of joycons. I like the solid, slightly smaller build of the Lite.

In other news, if you haven't played Dragon Question Builders 2 - it should be the next game on your list. Fantastic little RPG w/ a mix of Zelda BOTW and Minecraft (kinda). It's a huge and expansive game that you can spend 100s of hours in if you want. Awesome under the radar release for me.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Got my Lite today...awesome little system. Built for handheld obviously so it feels a lot more sturdy and solid in hand. I wasn't a big fan of the OG in handheld because of the creakiness of joycons. I like the solid, slightly smaller build of the Lite.

In other news, if you haven't played Dragon Question Builders 2 - it should be the next game on your list. Fantastic little RPG w/ a mix of Zelda BOTW and Minecraft (kinda). It's a huge and expansive game that you can spend 100s of hours in if you want. Awesome under the radar release for me.
I was tempted by the new Switch Lite but I rarely use my Switch with the exception of the arcade version of Punchout. That will change when Animal Crossing is released.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

There are just too many great titles being released on the Switch lately. Dragon Quest Builders 2 definitely is a gem. I've been playing a lot of Super Mega Baseball 2 on there, but it's now been set aside as I just picked up Links Awakening. I've never played it, so I can justify the full retail price. There's a little bit of frame rate issues that I hope gets ironed out, but other than that, what a great game!

The Switch Lite certainly looks tempting as I play most of my games in handheld mode. But I think I'd need some kind of extra controller support like I have on OG Switch.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Switch lite looks really, really tempting! There's been a run on some real quality games coming to the system.
GT = Wilk5280

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Wilk5280 wrote:Switch lite looks really, really tempting! There's been a run on some real quality games coming to the system.
It really is a fantastic system. If you play in handheld mode at all, or like playing the retro games (D-PAD!), it's significantly better than the original.

Now if only Nintendo could figure out the multi system families. I literally cannot play a downloaded game on my LITE when my son is playing a downloaded game on the regular Switch. Can't do it without creating different Nintendo accounts, but then you lose all the downloads from the other account. Nintendo just thinks it's a good idea for you to buy multiple copies of all games. No thanks. I just have to get more physical copies I guess.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:The Switch Lite certainly looks tempting as I play most of my games in handheld mode. But I think I'd need some kind of extra controller support like I have on OG Switch.
It does support joycons and pro controllers. Not sure what you mean?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:The Switch Lite certainly looks tempting as I play most of my games in handheld mode. But I think I'd need some kind of extra controller support like I have on OG Switch.
I should have clarified what I meant. Because I found the original Switch to be so uncomfortable in handheld mode, I purchased a grip for it. I see they are already selling grips for the Lite, but from some of the video reviews I have watched, they have all commented how much more comfortable it is to hold the Lite than the original. Do you find that to be true as well?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
I should have clarified what I meant. Because I found the original Switch to be so uncomfortable in handheld mode, I purchased a grip for it. I see they are already selling grips for the Lite, but from some of the video reviews I have watched, they have all commented how much more comfortable it is to hold the Lite than the original. Do you find that to be true as well?
Yes - it's more comfortable. The contours on the edges are less sharp and the smaller size from top to bottom help as well. And it's significantly lighter and it's a better texture. It really is better in all physical ways (except I'd like the bigger screen, but this one is of better quality w/ the better viewing angles).

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

I do not have a Switch yet, but one of my friends at work was talking about this exact issue on the sharing of digital games and came across this article:

https://venturebeat.com/2019/09/23/nint ... tal-games/

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

DChaps wrote:I do not have a Switch yet, but one of my friends at work was talking about this exact issue on the sharing of digital games and came across this article:

https://venturebeat.com/2019/09/23/nint ... tal-games/
Yeah that pretty much covers it all. Giant pain in the ass for me really. Two switches, one account (since my son doesn't have his own account at 7 years old). I'll just have to mess with the primary and secondary switches and see what is the least cumbersome. It seems like this is the best solution:

Make one Switch the ‘family’ Switch:

If one account owns all the games, you’ll probably have to dedicate one Switch to the family. The other Switch will then have to go primarily to the person who owns the games.

Here’s how it works:

Primary Switch: Make the Switch that will stay at home the primary device. Let everyone play games on this system. Each person should just sign in with their own Nintendo account (or at least one account that is separate from the primary game-owning account).

Secondary Switch: Make the secondary Switch the one that the person who owns the games uses. You’ll need an online connection to boot up any digital download.
This will enable everyone to pass the family Switch around and use it without issue. It puts most of the inconvenience on the game owner, though. So you have to make sacrifices if you want to do this.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Anyone try out Grid on the Switch? It’s a digital download only, but it’s only $35. Thinking of giving it a shot. Gotten great reviews. Is it an older game?

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

sportdan30 wrote:Anyone try out Grid on the Switch? It’s a digital download only, but it’s only $35. Thinking of giving it a shot. Gotten great reviews. Is it an older game?
It's a port of the Grid Autosport game that was released on PS3 and 360 in 2014.

The thread here on it: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16322&hilit=autosport
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Been playing the hell out of Animal Crossing with my 7 year old this weekend. What an awesome game. Sadly there really isn’t a way to play with multiple users on one console unless you share an island. So I bought two copies so we can each play on our own switch. We can the do what ever we want on our individual islands and we can visit each other and share resources whenever we want.

It literally is the perfect Quarantine game. Always something to each day and you can get lost in the mundane day to day tasks and you burn through time.

Highly recommended by this guy who never has played the prior version.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I've been playing Animal Crossing since 2003, awesome games. The only one I did not like was the Wii version and only because of the Wii controls.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

There's a cute train game in the eShop for a penny, Conduct Together and the reviews have been favorable. Sale ends in a few days.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

My kids and I started playing the 3DS Animal Crossing again. I am definitely interested in the Switch version but didn't know how much was really added.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

ScoopBrady wrote:My kids and I started playing the 3DS Animal Crossing again. I am definitely interested in the Switch version but didn't know how much was really added.
I never played the first ones but apparently it’s pretty different. But to me, it doesn’t seem like they can add much to it to be really that different besides some of the main game mechanics.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Been playing this game non-stop since release. It's the ultimate relaxing game that begs to be played just a few minutes longer. It definitely starts out slow with very little to do in the first couple days. It gradually opens up more and more. You can play for 10 minutes a day or two hours. I don't see myself being pulled away from this title for a very long time.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
ScoopBrady wrote:My kids and I started playing the 3DS Animal Crossing again. I am definitely interested in the Switch version but didn't know how much was really added.
I never played the first ones but apparently it’s pretty different. But to me, it doesn’t seem like they can add much to it to be really that different besides some of the main game mechanics.
I watched a couple of video reviews and this game looks like it is easily the best AC game yet. I am likely going to pick this one up.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

ScoopBrady wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
I watched a couple of video reviews and this game looks like it is easily the best AC game yet. I am likely going to pick this one up.
Don't do it man! Unless of course you're going to let me raid your island for some string fish! Game is that good.