Super Mega Baseball

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Super Mega Baseball

Post by tjung0831 »

Anybody purchase this yet? It's getting very good user reviews. $20 Digital download, arcade baseball game out on PSN, not sure about Xbox live. I will probably purchase later today.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Super Mega Baseball

Post by Danimal »

Sports Dan posted about it in the Xbox thread, that massive 196 page thread :)
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I got this for the boys for Christmas. It is a huge hit with 10,11, 46, and 80 year olds (grandpa)!

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Leebo33 wrote:I got this for the boys for Christmas. It is a huge hit with 10,11, 46, and 80 year olds (grandpa)!
I'm really enjoying this game, especially playing co-op with my son. I'll crank the ego up a few levels above what I normally play and my son thinks it is hilarious that I struggle while he has great innings pitching and all of the big at-bats.

The mechanics are solid and the games just fly by, even at the mandated 9-innings for season mode. Just a great job by Metalhead Software.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Can you set the difficulty so that it is difficult to throw strikes when pitching?

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

If someone else doesn't answer first I'll check tomorrow when I am home. The difficulty is called "EGO" and is all-in-one (nothing separated by pitching/batting). I think we were only on 20 or 25 when playing head-to-head. The boys played a short co-op season on 20 and dominated...but when you are 10/11 that can be fun too :lol:

It's an extremely fun game in couch multiplayer (no online). One thing that is very cool is you can play 2 vs. 2. You alternate each inning between pitching/fielding and then when someone bats the other person runs the bases. It's a cool way to keep everyone involved and you can also each have your own "EGO" setting so it makes introducing new players a breeze.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Picked it up. Surprisingly fun.

To answer my own question, no, unfortunately, it remains simple to throw strikes. It's just one of those games where you need to make the CPU hitting punishing enough that you never want to groove one.

I DO wish you could set the hitting/pitching difficulty independent of one another, but it's not too bad yet.

Still looking on finding a good ego level.

Thanks for the talk around this. :D No way I would have looked into it otherwise!

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Finally picked this up....great little game with some amazing depth. I played only a handful of exhibition games before starting my season in which I started with an Ego of 18....lame I know but I had lost the majority of my exhibition games. However I've won my first two season games in convincing fashion, so is there a way to up my ego or does the game automatically update my ego for me? I tried to adjust it before season game #2 last night but it doesn't give me that option like it does in Exhibition play. Any help is appreciated.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

tjung0831 wrote:...is there a way to up my ego or does the game automatically update my ego for me? I tried to adjust it before season game #2 last night but it doesn't give me that option like it does in Exhibition play. Any help is appreciated.
Yes, it's a little odd, but you need to back out of a couple of menus. When you first select 'season,' take a close look at the screen. You'll see an 'adjust ego' option there. I know because I've been using it a lot as I try to find a nice sweet spot for my team. Currently at 79, and I adjust up for every 3 game win streak. I feel like I'm getting pretty close now, though!

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

webdanzer wrote:
tjung0831 wrote:...is there a way to up my ego or does the game automatically update my ego for me? I tried to adjust it before season game #2 last night but it doesn't give me that option like it does in Exhibition play. Any help is appreciated.
Yes, it's a little odd, but you need to back out of a couple of menus. When you first select 'season,' take a close look at the screen. You'll see an 'adjust ego' option there. I know because I've been using it a lot as I try to find a nice sweet spot for my team. Currently at 79, and I adjust up for every 3 game win streak. I feel like I'm getting pretty close now, though!
Thanks and I did get an answer over at OS yesterday as well. Oddly enough I moved from 18 -25 and was still winning easily and then went to 30 the following game and then I had a 9 run 8th inning and a screen popped up that said since I was dominating the CPU I might want to change my Ego and then it gave me the instructions to do so as well! :lol:
Currently at 40 but I would imagine I'll be in the 60 range by the weekend.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

This is one of the free Games with Gold for October.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Tried this for the first time last night. What a fun little game! Reminded me of the old, old, old days playing Hardball on my C64. :)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

RobVarak wrote:Tried this for the first time last night. What a fun little game! Reminded me of the old, old, old days playing Hardball on my C64. :)
Loved that f***in' game!