Divinity: Original Sin 2

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:I bought Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition for the XONE when it was clearanced out at Wally World for $15 and I still haven't played it, so shame on me. Need to give it a go.
I loved the 1st game but this one is so much better in so many ways.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Danimal wrote:
Now I can't confirm this but a little bird told me Larian is being contracted by Wizards of the Coast to make their next game a D&D 5th edition game. For most that won't mean anything but for me, super nerd I'm hoping it is true.
This would be great. The writing is absolutely terrific. Just the right amount of humor and some nice playing against fantasy tropes in places.

The game definitely opens up in Act II. I appreciate the open-ended nature of it, especially the old- school structure that lets you sometimes get in over your head.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I love this game so much, it has been hard to slow play it MP and not jump ahead but it is worth it as multiplayer is so much fun.

I doubt I'm spoiling anything for anyone but this is just one example of why I love this game.

Wandering through some caves / ruins after just defeating a major boss and a ship comes crashing through a wall. My party is suddenly caught in the hull which is waist deep in water, crabs are scattering everywhere and suddenly a shark is attacking my party. Considering what I just killed it was a simple mater to dispatch the shark but it was an unexpected surprise.
Follow Me on:

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Finished this tonight. What an epic game!

Some of the puzzles are a bit insane, but the writing is so damn good and the battles just brilliant that I didn't mind hunting down hints online for some of the more idiotic ones.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I got tired of waiting for my coop game to progress so I pushed ahead and just started the 3rd act. I left more than a dozen side quests unresolved that I won't be able to go back to (well I saved before flipping the act) but just resolved Sebille's quest line last night. Great storytelling in these quest lines, this is one od the best RPG's in memory.

For those that finished it there are a lot of fan made adventure you can download and play. Some of them are very good,
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Good news console folks, coming to the PS4 and XB1X in August of this year. You can now play the GOTY 2017 on your console.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rodster wrote:I bought Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition for the XONE when it was clearanced out at Wally World for $15 and I still haven't played it, so shame on me. Need to give it a go.
Just started playing this morning. Only just past the tutorial area but Im really digging it.
Danimal wrote:Good news console folks, coming to the PS4 and XB1X in August of this year. You can now play the GOTY 2017 on your console.
Sounds good but I may go back to playing on Steam for this one.

I just noticed I have Civilization V, Europa Universalis IV and a slew of others I had completely forgotten about. 8)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:21 pm
Good news console folks, coming to the PS4 and XB1X in August of this year. You can now play the GOTY 2017 on your console.
Dan, which version should I get Console or PC? Is it better to play with an Xbox controller? The Xbox version (Definitive Edition) is currently on sale for $24.99 but there any add-ons to the base game? The only DLC that looks interesting is the help companion.

Edit: I went ahead and bought it for the XBOX. Now watch this sucker show up on Game Pass. :lol:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Sorry don't come here as much anymore, the new designs is kind of giving me a head ache.

I would of said PC simply for all the workshop mods but too late now. :)
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:01 pm
Sorry don't come here as much anymore, the new designs is kind of giving me a head ache.

I didn't know about the mods. Do they completely change the game? I ended buying the game on the Xbox Store by using some of my Rewards points so out of pocket was $0. I'll wait for the Steam Sale and buy it again.

Dan, I have one question regarding DLC. Should I just buy the base game? Because the DLC I saw was just music and artwork and a companion to make the game a little easier I guess. I'll have to try harder and get into this game because the Steam reviews are gushing over the game, some calling it a Masterpiece.

p.s. Hopefully Jared can add some themes to the website to allow us to change the look. I'll mention it in his board maintenance thread.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:37 pm
Dan, I have one question regarding DLC. Should I just buy the base game? Because the DLC I saw was just music and artwork and a companion to make the game a little easier I guess. I'll have to try harder and get into this game because the Steam reviews are gushing over the game, some calling it a Masterpiece.

p.s. Hopefully Jared can add some themes to the website to allow us to change the look. I'll mention it in his board maintenance thread.
Honestly I didn't even know there was DLC so I wouldn't buy it. The mods do all sorts of things from giving you gear to adding quests etc. On the PC there is a full editing tool where one person can GM and others play.

I've played through the game 2 and a half times. The 1/2 time was 3 of us playing MP but guys kind of lost interest. I'm excited what my inside source told me so long ago ended up being true and they are making the next Baldur's Gate game so I'm kind of waiting on that.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:01 pm

Rodster wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:59 am
Jared wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:14 am
Rodster - I just uploaded two themes; one being the "old" look (called subsilver2). On some forums, it's a little wonky with the updated software, but I just tested it and it seems to work. To make the change:

1. Click on your username in the top right and select "User Control Panel" from the dropdown.
2. Click board preferences.
3. Under "Edit global settings" there is an entry called "My board style". Select "subsilver2".

Let me know if this works.
Good job Jared, I tried them all and they work. I made the request on behalf of Danimal. I actually like the look of the new refresh.
Dan you can now change it back to the old style look.