Battlefield 1

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Battlefield 1

Post by 10spro »

I would be shocked if BFV doesn’t come with some kind of offline play in the format of episodes or story mode. Not that I crave for it as I rather play online with the likes of Operations and Conquest. I read somewhere that a CO-OP mode is in the works and if Dice can come up with more variations to the current Conquest mode it would be great. And if they come with something rivalling Operations even better.

This much we know. It’ll have a WW2 theme and will be released later this year.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Pete1210 wrote:
Danimal wrote:Probably not the right thread but the rumor is the next BF is going to follow suit with the upcoming CoD black Ops and be a multiplayer only title. So that means both games will not have a single player element at all, but the prices won't change still a full $60
I can't find anything on this -you have a link?
It was in the last Giantbombcast and I think they were citing a guy at Kotaku who said he heard they would also be dumping Single Player. Again it was a rumor in a podcast about BFV.

EDIT: https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/17/17248 ... -cod-blops
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Singleplayer "stories" like the last game are in.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/05/09/ba ... layer-mode

Some info coming on May 23?

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/05/10/ea ... ay-23?read
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Pete1210 wrote:Singleplayer "stories" like the last game are in.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/05/09/ba ... layer-mode

Some info coming on May 23?

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/05/10/ea ... ay-23?read
I didn't really consider what BF1 did as a single player campaign. While I enjoyed what they did, the whole thing felt like a well done tutorial This guys uses a tank, this guy a horse, this one a sniper rifle.

Good to know there is something though. Bring back Operation Flash Point though...
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:Bring back Operation Flash Point though...
YES. Hell, just make OFP: Red River backward compatible with the XB1.

Sadly, Codemasters is out of the FPS genre. It only develops racing games these days.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Campaign will be there, supposedly so is CO-OP, here is the first trailer:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I have to say, I'm not terribly impressed. Looks chaotic, inauthentic, and more fantasy than a representation of WWII.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Teal wrote:I have to say, I'm not terribly impressed. Looks chaotic, inauthentic, and more fantasy than a representation of WWII.
Ditto
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I haven't even watched the video, and I'm turned off. No WWII soldier dressed like the dude in the olive-drab sleeveless T-shirt. Come on.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

pk500 wrote:I haven't even watched the video, and I'm turned off. No WWII soldier dressed like the dude in the olive-drab sleeveless T-shirt. Come on.
Oh, wait till you see the woman with the metal arm... :roll:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Exactly

From the female air borne trooper with a metal arm to guys wearing tank tops to crazy over the top action. Nothing about this is authentic to the time or the war it is representing. If you want to do something like this take it out of WW2 and call it Bad Company 3.

I'm not sure what they were thinking with this.
Follow Me on:

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Danimal wrote:Exactly

From the female air borne trooper with a metal arm to guys wearing tank tops to crazy over the top action. Nothing about this is authentic to the time or the war it is representing. If you want to do something like this take it out of WW2 and call it Bad Company 3.

This is a terrible trailer. It's so frenetic as to be incomprehensible and is completely useless as to understanding gameplay.

Also, I agree about the confused setting. Honestly, nothing about Battlefiled games have ever been realistic, but if you're going to feature basically a squad with a Viking and cyborg woman, this is a bridge to far to suspend disbelief that we're playing around in WW2.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Naples39 wrote:
Danimal wrote:Exactly

This is a terrible trailer. It's so frenetic as to be incomprehensible and is completely useless as to understanding gameplay.

Also, I agree about the confused setting. Honestly, nothing about Battlefiled games have ever been realistic, but if you're going to feature basically a squad with a Viking and cyborg woman, this is a bridge to far to suspend disbelief that we're playing around in WW2.
Did BF1 sell poorly compared to previous BF games? That game featured a far more realistic depiction of WWI combat than this trailer depicts for WWII, so my only thought is that BF1 sold below expectations and EA thinks it must thrust Ghost Recon: Future Soldier into WWII to appeal to the kiddies.

This trailer leaves me chilled to about -200 Kelvin. I have zero interest in this game after seeing the trailer.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Either this trailer sucks, and isn't representative of the game (in which case the person who made the trailer needs to be fired), or...shudder...this trailer pefectly encapsulates the game (in which case the entire team needs to be fired). I have zero interest in battlefield becoming some zany, otherworldly nonsense, nor bending to the screeches of the SJW crowd. If they want to save face, they'd better cobble together a much better trailer... preferably without a hint of wife beater shirts and bionic women.

I'm honestly pissed off. I was excited when the rumor of a return to WWII was made, imagining the graphical prowess of BF1 being used to recreate Carentan, the battle of the bulge, the cliffs of pointe du hoc, the beaches of dog one sector, Omaha. Not in my worst nightmare did I imagine they'd trade all that for the bionic woman and John McClain.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

This trailer is getting so many down votes at various places that it is becoming news. Also if twitter is to be believe the "creative directors" response was to the backlash was "maybe this game is not for you" which tells me what you're seeing is what you get.

I mean they completely f***ed up SW Battlefront 2 to the point there is no SWBF 3 in the works.
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

If that represents the game, they're right. Not for me.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

My guess is that it’s all cosmetics at this point and a lousy at that especially when dealing with a WW2 theme. The main substance should be rectified hopefully in the upcoming trailers.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

10spro wrote:My guess is that it’s all cosmetics at this point and a lousy at that especially when dealing with a WW2 theme. The main substance should be rectified hopefully in the upcoming trailers.
Oh it is completly cosmetic, EA needed a way to microtransact without using loot crates so everything you can buy is character customization.
Follow Me on:

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

The trailer was mostly to show off some new game mechanics, like the rag doll effect of explosions or gunfire, shooting while prone on your back and fluidity of player movement. Plus some very nice graphics, explosions and chaotic "Battlefield moments."

I don't think the game will be any more or less of a historical representation than Battlefield 1. I do like how they will be rolling out the content in chronological (War years) order, all free, no more season pass.

This is my second most anticipated game, just after RDR2.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Pete1210 wrote:I don't think the game will be any more or less of a historical representation than Battlefield 1.
Why would you not think that based on what they showed and the response to that? You don't think you be in multiplayer and see some outrageous characters due to the customization they showed in that trailer?

This went from instant buy to not toughing it until I see some streams.
Follow Me on:

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

As long as they don't have mech suits, jet packs or lasers, I doubt you will notice cosmetic character customization in the middle of a Battlefield match. Maybe if you play as a sniper and purposefully look for it or ask your squad mate to stand still. Otherwise, you will really just see that stuff in the before or after game menus.

Outside of the prosthetic arm, the soldiers in the trailer looked normal to me.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yeah, i remember these guys from band of brothers. 8O

Follow Me on:

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Sorry, I'm not buying the excuses and excusings. That was a chaotic, frenetic, unrealistic mess. They're putting some mechanical super woman as the face of their new game. Gonna have to release another trailer that completely makes me forget this one to even have a chance.

I have always counted on BF to give me a more grounded, realistic option from the COD stuff. EA had been allowing COD to live rent free in their heads for years, and I'm afraid we're about to see the culmination of all that come home to roost. Coupled with the silly SJW movement and their infestation of gaming culture, and I'm not terribly optimistic about the future of era games.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Mechanical super woman? I saw a woman with a prosthetic arm. I mean she didn't pick up a tank with it. Granted I don't expect to see female fighters as a WW2 staple, but they did exist.

Battlefield is chaotic. Building collapses, Paracel Storm, the chokepoints on Locker and Metro, the control points in buildings in BF1. I don't see the trailer as all that different.