Battlefield 1

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Battlefield 1

Post by 10spro »

For those of you who haven’t bought the Premium expansion, ‘Prise de Tahure’ a fine French map battle fought in a night time setting along ‘They Shall Not Pass’ is free for anyone else that has the basic standard game. Maps will be free until the 22nd.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Is the single player campaign worth $5? I found a copy on clearance at Wally World. I also found a copy of Steep for the same price.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:Is the single player campaign worth $5? I found a copy on clearance at Wally World. I also found a copy of Steep for the same price.
Rodster wrote:Is the single player campaign worth $5? I found a copy on clearance at Wally World. I also found a copy of Steep for the same price.
Five bucks? Go run and get it before they change their mind...Dice’s last DLC is also coming up this week called Apocalipse Now. It includes new afflictions which are probably perks pertaining to different classes. Still play it weekly, not too excited about this so new afflictions according to some reviews that I read, but I love any old fashion combat world war fighting.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Look like I am getting my wish - next game going back to its roots - WW2.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/01/new- ... -year/amp/
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Pete1210 wrote:Look like I am getting my wish - next game going back to its roots - WW2.

ZZZ. Playing Follow the Leader to COD.

I wish EA would have done a proper, full-out Vietnam or Korean War game. That would be cool.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

pk500 wrote:
Pete1210 wrote:Look like I am getting my wish - next game going back to its roots - WW2.

ZZZ. Playing Follow the Leader to COD.

I wish EA would have done a proper, full-out Vietnam or Korean War game. That would be cool.
You just want to be cantankerous... Lol. That makes me happy. COD is fun, but still the younger, ADD addled brother to BF. Looking forward to this very much.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

You called it Pete. I didn’t think they’d go WWII. I like it...although a Vietnam or Korea game would be awesome Paul!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Oh, I'll play it. Hell, EA will have my money for a release day purchase. I just wish somebody would plow the fertile gaming ground of Korea or 'Nam.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Given the success hit of BF1, I am glad that there are sticking the series in the past. For whatever reason I am still shooting both BF1 and CoD WW2 titles daily. Just love the atmosphere in previous WWs.

I hope that BF V has a very similar campaign to Battlefield 1, which was genuinely the first time I can say I’ve enjoyed a Battlefield campaign since Bad Company.

Look forward to this baby.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:Given the success hit of BF1, I am glad that there are sticking the series in the past. For whatever reason I am still shooting both BF1 and CoD WW2 titles daily. Just love the atmosphere in previous WWs.

I hope that BF V has a very similar campaign to Battlefield 1, which was genuinely the first time I can say I’ve enjoyed a Battlefield campaign since Bad Company.

Look forward to this baby.
Me too. I love the WWII era. I like BF more than COD also. Im having fun with COD WWII though.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

By the way, the new Apocalypse expansion maps for BF1 are savage. A pure joy to play.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:By the way, the new Apocalypse expansion maps for BF1 are savage. A pure joy to play.
CO signed. A beauty, finally unlocked the SMG 08 weapon and its paying dividends. 8)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

A bit more excited for BFV after talking with Pete last night. We had discussed the possibility of the WWII genre over the past few weeks. Dice, quite simply, does a better job than Infinity Ward, etc. at these games IMO. The possibilities...weapons, vehicles, maps, campaign...are exciting. Maps from Europe are a guarantee but ones from North Africa, Soviet Union and the Pacific theater sound very cool to me. Market Garden, Peleliu, Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, etc., etc., etc.

This fall, TGC19, BFV and Red Dead 2..... 8) 8) 8)
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I would like to see several of the cast of band of Brothers be voice/face cast for the game. Especially Wild Bill Garnere and Major Winters and the like. Let them have a mission parachuting into Normandy and taking out the 88's or something. I very much want to see Omaha beach with the BF1 graphics, too.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:I would like to see several of the cast of band of Brothers be voice/face cast for the game. Especially Wild Bill Garnere and Major Winters and the like. Let them have a mission parachuting into Normandy and taking out the 88's or something. I very much want to see Omaha beach with the BF1 graphics, too.
Sadly, most of those heroes have passed away. Bill Guarnere, Dick Winters, Carny Lipton, Mularkey..have all passed. One or two might be still around but most are gone.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Diablo25 wrote:
Teal wrote:I would like to see several of the cast of band of Brothers be voice/face cast for the game. Especially Wild Bill Garnere and Major Winters and the like. Let them have a mission parachuting into Normandy and taking out the 88's or something. I very much want to see Omaha beach with the BF1 graphics, too.
Sadly, most of those heroes have passed away. Bill Guarnere, Dick Winters, Carny Lipton, Mularkey..have all passed. One or two might be still around but most are gone.
No, I'm talking about the actors that played them.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
No, I'm talking about the actors that played them.
Ooohhhhh. :D. Im down with that! I follow Frank John Hughes on Twitter. He played Guarnere in BoB.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I bet Damien Lewis' (Winters) price tag would be steep for VO work. He's a big TV star, with leading roles in two of Showtime's biggest shows -- "Homeland" and "Billions." Donnie Wahlberg (Lipton) probably would command sizable fees because of his last name, too.

Still, it would be cool!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The very first DLC for BF1, 'They Shall Not Pass' is now free to download until May 15th.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Probably not the right thread but the rumor is the next BF is going to follow suit with the upcoming CoD black Ops and be a multiplayer only title. So that means both games will not have a single player element at all, but the prices won't change still a full $60
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Danimal wrote:Probably not the right thread but the rumor is the next BF is going to follow suit with the upcoming CoD black Ops and be a multiplayer only title. So that means both games will not have a single player element at all, but the prices won't change still a full $60
Is this going to become the new normal? Loot box revenge? :lol:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:Probably not the right thread but the rumor is the next BF is going to follow suit with the upcoming CoD black Ops and be a multiplayer only title. So that means both games will not have a single player element at all, but the prices won't change still a full $60
Doesn't bother me. I haven't played Campaign single-player in a Battlefield, Titanfall or Call of Duty game in probably five years. All MP, all the time for me.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I bet that rumor winds up being false. The episodes of BF1 are very popular, and don't need a cohesive story. I bet we see those in the next BF. And I really enjoy those.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
Doesn't bother me. I haven't played Campaign single-player in a Battlefield, Titanfall or Call of Duty game in probably five years. All MP, all the time for me.
Me too. I don’t play the campaigns anymore.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I can't find anything on this -you have a link?

Last rumor article I read is campaign still in: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/61600/ba ... index.html

I really enjoyed the BF 1 campaign, and I'm hoping for similar WW2 stories.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210