Battlefield 1

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Battlefield 1

Post by Teal »

It was Call of Duty. Actually, COD actually got me to buy a game of theirs after swearing off them for goofiness like what was in the BFV trailer. Right now, COD WWII is the more grounded of the two, if the trailer is any indication at all. And that's troubling. Too do this after the success of BF1 is mind boggling. To do it while pretending it's a WWII game is ridiculous. Just call it a fantasy shooter set in an alternate WWII universe where a prosthetic arm is that useful to a female who is pretending to be some kind of William Wallace steampunk action movie hero, and at least I know not to bother watching a trailer for it. I mean, you like the trailer, fine. But it isn't a game about WWII unless there's some magnificent swerve coming. Not from that trailer. That trailer looks more like what happens when someone invades reality in the 40's through a tear in space/time and goes bat sh*t crazy. If you knew my history here, you'd know I've been chided for being too lenient on shooters. I've liked many that folks here haven't. It's my favorite genre. But I can't excuse that trailer. If the game plays at all like that trailer, with the goofy get-ups and alternate reality cast, it's going to flop hard. The "piss off" reactions of the developers do little to make me feel better.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Actually outside of the Eastern Front nearly no women saw front line combat but this is easily sourced by people who want to find the facts rather than copy & paste SJW crap. But it is not even about the inclusion of women, its the whole package. A prosthetic arm that wouldn't exist at the time, dude in wife beaters hauling around bazooka's. It's like the team had a diversity checklist they were required to hit. I liked games when they were art and actually tried to portray the subject matter, now they need to be inclusive, catering to a group of people who wouldn't even play this game.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

That trailer looked like a distant cousin of Wolfenstein far more than a Battlefield game set in WWII. It was a joke.

Thank God for EA Access, as there's no way in hell I'm laying down $60 for that game on release day unless there's a serious U-turn shown in the upcoming trailers and the 10-hour Access trial proves quality gameplay.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Danimal wrote:Actually outside of the Eastern Front nearly no women saw front line combat but this is easily sourced by people who want to find the facts rather than copy & paste SJW crap. But it is not even about the inclusion of women, its the whole package. A prosthetic arm that wouldn't exist at the time, dude in wife beaters hauling around bazooka's. It's like the team had a diversity checklist they were required to hit. I liked games when they were art and actually tried to portray the subject matter, now they need to be inclusive, catering to a group of people who wouldn't even play this game.
Yes I know about the Russian fighters. Those women pictured were Russian fighter pilots. And some partisans were women. And yes, I didn't quite get why you feature a minority in BF1 but the trailer and none of that matters in multiplayer, which is the primary draw for Battlefield games. It will be the same Conquest gameplay that I love. And the first full prosthetic arm was invented in 1818.

If it was up ro me I would not add female avatars in WW2 multiplayer, but I will still enjoy the game.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Pete1210 wrote: and none of that matters in multiplayer, which is the primary draw for Battlefield games. It will be the same Conquest gameplay that I love.
See this is where we disagree I think the MP is going to be the most affected from a visual standpoint. The customization in the form of outfits is how they will make the money and you're going to see it in MP. It's entirely possible you're right and it
won't do anything to the game. However as someone who has played countless hours of every Battlefiield on the PC, IMO that trailer was not made for me, or anyone I play with or anyone who is a BF fan. We have a core group that plays every week and frankly none of us are interested now.
Follow Me on:

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I hope they don't get outrageous with the customization.

In related news. Battlefield 3 is now backwards compatible on XB1 and its in the EA Access Vault.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

The Battlefield V and CoD BLOPS 4 trailers have left me feeling down about the shooters coming out this year. I really like both games for what they offer and this year both seem to have lost their way. I THOUGHT Activision got the message and was making strides with WWII, but BLOPS 4 looks like to be very futuristic, just minus the jetpacks. I don't know WTF Battlefield V is after watching that trailer. Neither are appealing to me right now.
GT = Wilk5280

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Screw BF 5
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

What is that? The video won't play.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It’s got a lot of the old Battlefield feel in there. I would be all over it but from what I understand the game would be on Steam only, so no luck for console owners.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Teal wrote:What is that? The video won't play.
Try following this link to youtube or google World War 3 Game

https://youtu.be/aQxko_JMdMo
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

10spro wrote:It’s got a lot of the old Battlefield feel in there. I would be all over it but from what I understand the game would be on Steam only, so no luck for console owners.
You're right I ddin't know it was PC only, considering that is where Bf started and has a large user base though, for those of us who play on the PC are attention is peaked.
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

If this is the WWIII game, yeah, that needs to come to consoles. No goofy s***, no SJW crap, just a solid looking shooter.