Battlefield 1

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Battlefield 1

Post by Teal »

Macca00 wrote:Hope everyone's doing well - haven't posted in a while but often lurking.

I love this ridiculous game.

Edit: It's better with the volume up. :)
That was hilarious.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Macca:

You are a legend in our home with my 11-year-old son. He loves watching your BF1 clips. And any clips of good kills in BF1 under the pk4425 Gamertag are his kills, not mine! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:Macca:

You are a legend in our home with my 11-year-old son. He loves watching your BF1 clips. And any clips of good kills in BF1 under the pk4425 Gamertag are his kills, not mine! :)
Nice montage Macca, I see what's your favourite build. 8)

PK, your 11 old kid got some serious sniping as well, pretty sure you offer him great guidance.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:

Nice montage Macca, I see what's your favourite build. 8)

PK, your 11 old kid got some serious sniping as well, pretty sure you offer him great guidance.
Yep. His skill produces a mixture of raging envy and paternal pride. There's nothing I can offer him anymore. He's in a different league. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

:) That brings a massive smile to my face though I am certain that, at 11 years old, I should be watching his videos for pointers! I love the game clip sharing on the Xbox ONE - such a neat feature to check out everyone's videos.

10spro - until BF1 I never, ever, used a sniper class in shooters because I just couldn't get the hang of it. But I think the slower pace of BF1, the healthy aim-assist on the console versions and the fact that the maps that shipped with the game are all cowardly-sniper-friendly all make it easier for plebs like me. :D

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

That was a great video Macca!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo, I know now what you were asking yesterday, about the screen turning black even after you're ready to respawn on a new location. It happened to me today, and I just basically quit the round that your game is affected and start another one. Hope they fix that.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:Diablo, I know now what you were asking yesterday, about the screen turning black even after you're ready to respawn on a new location. It happened to me today, and I just basically quit the round that your game is affected and start another one. Hope they fix that.
Widespread problem reported by many players. Hopefully EA will fix in an upcoming patch.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
10spro wrote:Diablo, I know now what you were asking yesterday, about the screen turning black even after you're ready to respawn on a new location. It happened to me today, and I just basically quit the round that your game is affected and start another one. Hope they fix that.
Widespread problem reported by many players. Hopefully EA will fix in an upcoming patch.
Yep its been happening like once every five times I play. A restart usually clears it up. A patch is definitely needed. No offense but glad to here its not my XBox :)
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Does anybody want this game on XB1? I have the early enlister edition download code that came with my XB1 S, but haven't used it.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

TCrouch wrote:Does anybody want this game on XB1? I have the early enlister edition download code that came with my XB1 S, but haven't used it.
If the price is right, I can sell my hard copy. send me a PM.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

The price is free. Looking to give it away to somebody who wants it, but cannot get it for some reason. I probably should have been a bit more descriptive in my first post, sorry :lol:

Not looking to sell it, it didn't cost me anything that I didn't already pay with the console itself.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

TCrouch wrote:The price is free. Looking to give it away to somebody who wants it, but cannot get it for some reason. I probably should have been a bit more descriptive in my first post, sorry :lol:

Not looking to sell it, it didn't cost me anything that I didn't already pay with the console itself.
Fair enough. If nobody else wants it, I'll take the free offer. 8)

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

10spro wrote:
TCrouch wrote:The price is free. Looking to give it away to somebody who wants it, but cannot get it for some reason. I probably should have been a bit more descriptive in my first post, sorry :lol:

Fair enough. If nobody else wants it, I'll take the free offer. 8)
I have a friend who likes the game but couldn't buy it, who would appreciate the code.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Sent.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

A reminder for season pass owners that 'They Shall not Pass' is out now featuring French battles in what is still a great shooter in my opinion.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:A reminder for season pass owners that 'They Shall not Pass' is out now featuring French battles in what is still a great shooter in my opinion.
Yeah the new maps are nice but I'm enamored with GRW right now. Too many premium titles out now...with more on the way (MEA & MLB17).
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I actually sold this yesterday. It is such a well-made game but I simply couldn't get into it. Despite all the cool things like horses and behemoths and the plethora of fixed guns, I missed a lot of the more high-tech weaponry of previous Battlefields. One of the only times I ever felt bad about not enjoying a game that's clearly good but just not fun for me.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Brando70 wrote:I actually sold this yesterday. It is such a well-made game but I simply couldn't get into it. Despite all the cool things like horses and behemoths and the plethora of fixed guns, I missed a lot of the more high-tech weaponry of previous Battlefields. One of the only times I ever felt bad about not enjoying a game that's clearly good but just not fun for me.
I am still playing it, simply for the fact that I am loving still the old school weapons. Pigeon mode is a blast and of course Conquest is always a grind. Have been playing the French Maps while trying to complete the challenges to get the new weapons. Problem for Dice was finding a fair balance for all the classes as the Scout soldier was too overpowered but I think everything is looking good lately with a buff up on the medic weaponry.

Still digging it.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Brando70 wrote:I actually sold this yesterday. It is such a well-made game but I simply couldn't get into it. Despite all the cool things like horses and behemoths and the plethora of fixed guns, I missed a lot of the more high-tech weaponry of previous Battlefields. One of the only times I ever felt bad about not enjoying a game that's clearly good but just not fun for me.
I can certainly understand this. I think going back to WWI was a brilliant idea, and the game is probably more solid than any other BF game. But I find myself hoping for a return to modern day weaponry in the next iteration. I enjoy this one when I play it, but I don't play it much. I'd also like to see them take another stab at WWII with this engine and these graphics.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I just told Teal over the weekend I thought EA made a brilliant move to shift BF 1 to World War I. It's a great game.

Still, I find BF 1 to be the No. 5 shooter in my lineup these days, behind:
1. Ghost Recon Wildlands
2. Sniper Elite 4
3. Rainbow Six Siege
4. The Division

There's nothing wrong with BF 1. It's fantastic. But there are so many good shooters right now. Too many games, too little time.

I have no plans to dump BF 1 until it lands on EA Access. I'll return to it, and my youngest son is a cold-blooded killer who plays it often.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Battlefield is still my favorite. I got back to playing some this weekend. I hope the next one is WW2. Rumor is COD will be going back to WW2.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Pete1210 wrote:Battlefield is still my favorite. I got back to playing some this weekend. I hope the next one is WW2. Rumor is COD will be going back to WW2.
I was talking about this with my BF group on the PC. i would really love if they went the Civil War route. Of course they won't because how would they justify automatic weapons?

Just that period has never been done in an FPS that I know of, or at least a good one.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I guess I am the only sucker still playing BF1. Currently digging the French DLC with the challenges to achieve more weapons. Some of these challenges are sick. EA just announced in their conference the addition of 8 new maps along the next DLC, "In the name of the Tsar" which looks fantastic.

Yeah, I am all over it.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The second French map Prise de Tahure came out this week and it's the second map where you fight in the middle of the night/dawn battles. Tahure is huge as in massive and just damn beautiful, put all the close quarters maps together in BF1 and you got Tahure in the dark. The sound and lighting in this game continues to amaze me, just one of the best battlefields I played.

And the Russia DLC is coming this fall.