Hockey Night In DSP 2023-2024

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2020-2021

Post by Diablo25 »

Yeah, I saw that last night. Nasty.
Flyer won in OT again to beat the Isles for the 2nd time in a row. Love how they are playing.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

How do ya do Diablo? That was filthy. Can we try this move Dragons?

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Those caps uniforms are f***in terrible. Looks like Columbus.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo, who the heck loses 9-0 to the Rangers? Bloody Rangers. Man what a night for Zibanejad. That second period, wow.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

10spro wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:24 am
Diablo, who the heck loses 9-0 to the Rangers? Bloody Rangers. Man what a night for Zibanejad. That second period, wow.
Philly just played dead too. Back in the 90's once that score got to 4-0 the gloves would have been off. Philly just wanted to concede with 5 mins to go on the 2nd.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:24 am
It was a rough one. It was 9-0 after 2 periods! Up 1-0 on Isles now.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Canucks season is pretty much done and over. As they were fighting for the last spot a week ago in the North division, news came that about 7 players were tested positive for Covid and maybe more. With less than 20 games to go, it’ll be a nightmare for the league to reschedule all those missing games with all the quarantining, unless you play them daily which is impossible.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

As much as I would love for the Blues to limp into the playoffs.. maybe it's time to sell some of these vets and actually getting some meaningful draft picks for the future.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:12 pm
Canucks season is pretty much done and over. As they were fighting for the last spot a week ago in the North division, news came that about 7 players were tested positive for Covid and maybe more. With less than 20 games to go, it’ll be a nightmare for the league to reschedule all those missing games with all the quarantining, unless you play them daily which is impossible.
I read last night the Canucks' COVID count is up to 15ish, including two or three coaches. It's the Brazilian variant, so some guys are pretty sick.

Such a shame. But there's probably no team sport with more bodily fluids excreted and spit with more close contact and regular heavy breathing than hockey, so this probably was inevitable.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:48 am
10spro wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:12 pm
I read last night the Canucks' COVID count is up to 15ish, including two or three coaches. It's the Brazilian variant, so some guys are pretty sick.

Such a shame. But there's probably no team sport with more bodily fluids excreted and spit with more close contact and regular heavy breathing than hockey, so this probably was inevitable.
Yeah, pretty sad. And the P.1 variant spreads like fire apparently. At this time, I hope that everyone’s health is more important than anything else. It would be easier to identify who is not infected at this point. The outbreak is real and I hope that some young fans can learn from this example. The variants don’t discriminate, and right now a much younger generation are being affected by this third wave.

It’s a nightmare for the league no doubt, but this latest scenario will affect the rest of NHL teams as the season winds down.

I was just in Montreal on business as an essential worker over the weekend. They just phoned me yesterday to self isolate for 14 days as they found a couple positive cases on my flight. I know it’s a long weekend, and the vaccine distribution is not going so smooth in Canada, why people are still traveling for non essential reasons... :roll:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

News are getting worse by the day for the Canucks. It’s now 25 players and coaches being affected by the Covid variant. I don’t see how the NHL still thinks that they can finish the season. I am no medical expert but if these top athletes are struggling with this virus ( some apparently quite sick) I could care less if they can finish the season. They’ll need at least two weeks to get somehow to their normal life, not to mention that it would have been a long month then without any Hockey for them.

Bettman, Daly just be realistic folks.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Trading deadline has come and gone. To say that the Buffalo organization has no clue whatsoever as to which direction they are heading is an understatement. How do you trade a Taylor Hall for a second rounder while keeping half of his salary? Granted, Hall will become a UFA again this summer and hasn’t done much playing in such a poor team, although it’s known he’s willing to sign there for a long time.

Bjork and Lazar were involved in that trade.

Bruins win this on easily although they needed more help in between the pipes and on D.

To put it in perspective Sam Bennett who’s a bottom 6th forward for the Flames and has been in a doghouse in and out, gets traded to FLO for a second rounder and a prospect.

Vegas, Toronto, PIT and COL add good depth to their playoffs aspirations.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

After almost a full month without any Hockey, 21 players and 4 coaches with Covid some infecting their immediate families including a pregnant wife, Canucks finally made their much anticipated return to the rink.

Not only that, they came up with an OT win over the mighty Leafs after being down 0-2 early in the game.

More importantly was to see these guys healthy although 4-5 players are still under Covid protocol and again I would have been more than happy to see the league cancel their season.

They have a brutal schedule now to play catch up, but good to see them back.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I was kinda curious to see how the Leafs would handle playing against them. I'd be a bit scared of playing a team that was ill for the last 2+ weeks.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

You know you're a Legend when you pass the late Gordie Howe's record of most games played in the league. He played 1768 games and as Grapes would say, 'A good Ol Canadian boy'. Very Humble, Patty Marleau has always been a Sharks player although he played briefly for the Leafs. A great accomplishment, and I can see him playing beyond this year too.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

When the league fails to suspend T. Wilson as he drags and injures one of the Rangers stars in A. Panerim a couple of nights ago, you do expect fight night as the two teams faced each other again.

Sad, but brawl night was imminent when Wilson only gets a 5K fine for injuring a star player. A repeat offender nonetheless getting only a fine as he cheap shot two Rangers while injuring a guy that was at least 50 pounds lighter. Thanks NHL safety committee.

Bizarre couple of nights for NYR as the President and GM were fired simultaneously after the game on Tuesday.

Wake UP NHL!

https://www.straight.com/news/new-york- ... DZdkO4-M7s

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I get the fight on the opening faceoff and Wilson's first shift. The rest was just stupid and one of the many reasons the NHL never will reach the levels of the NFL, NBA or MLB in America.

You want to see good fighting in a sport? Watch boxing. Otherwise just play hockey, wipe someone out with a clean check. The Neanderthal culture in the sport continues to drag it down.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Could the NHL get any dumber with the playoff schedule? :roll:

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Sudz wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:29 pm
Could the NHL get any dumber with the playoff schedule? :roll:
Why? The Bruins and Caps are playing 6:30pm games in Game 3 and 4
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Heck of a series so far between the Bruins and Caps. A lot of physical hits, fights and good grinding hockey. T. Hall has been a great addition for BOS so far as he jammed the tying goal late in the game before the rat Marchand scores in OT.

I don’t see how the Blues can’t match up in speed with this Avs team with their current roster.

Binnington has been great but the home team just kept on the pedal in the third period where they put the game away.

TPA-FLO should be a good series too and closer than what many people think in my opinion.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

these teams have been playing all year, the hate just grew and grew and is now at its peak level. Gonna be physical. Just wait until the 2nd round. gonna be full-on rage.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm enjoying the playoffs... except for the Blues loss. Out of all players, not having Perron available is a huge loss.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MizzouRah wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:11 pm
I'm enjoying the playoffs... except for the Blues loss. Out of all players, not having Perron available is a huge loss.
He’s an important piece of the team but again based on last nights’ game they just can’t match up to the Avs skill and speed.

But I tell you what. N. Kadri gave them a very good reason to rally around when they get their home advantage with that illegal and dumb hit to the head on J. Faulk.

Kadri is a very useful piece in any team with his grit as demonstrated during his earlier years in Toronto but dirty as f*** when he wants to. Another mini version of Brad Marchand if you will.

That hit to the head should warrant a suspension for at least 4-5 games and he’s already a repeat offender.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

10spro wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:41 am

He’s an important piece of the team but again based on last nights’ game they just can’t match up to the Avs skill and speed.

But I tell you what. N. Kadri gave them a very good reason to rally around when they get their home advantage with that illegal and dumb hit to the head on J. Faulk.

Kadri is a very useful piece in any team with his grit as demonstrated during his earlier years in Toronto but dirty as f*** when he wants to. Another mini version of Brad Marchand if you will.

That hit to the head should warrant a suspension for at least 4-5 games and he’s already a repeat offender.
I was thinking Kadri reminds me of Tom Wilson. He's a pos and I hope he gets at least a 5 game suspension. Colorado is very good, and having Perron and Dunn out hurts for sure. We just haven't been able to stay healthy and now with Borts and Faulk out this might be over in 4. (Borts caught a hit to the head as well)

MacKinnon is something though, guy has it all.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

That Tavares incident was brutal.

The follow-up fight was just dumb and accomplished nothing.