Hockey Night In DSP 2023-2024

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2018-2019

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:Always love when this grotesque piece of shot betmann gets his deserved boos...

He is a true piece of s*** in every way. As a human and as the nhl commissioner. Its hard to find a bigger piece of s*** walking this earth.
Ramjag?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
XXXIV wrote:Always love when this grotesque piece of shot betmann gets his deserved boos...

He is a true piece of s*** in every way. As a human and as the nhl commissioner. Its hard to find a bigger piece of s*** walking this earth.
Ramjag?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Insightful you are.....

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Congrats to the Blues and their fans. Long time coming -- very cool to see!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

The best tweet of the day about the celebrations last night.

https://twitter.com/soIoucity/status/11 ... 2103646208
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Wow.. I'm just now feeling better.. HAHA!!! A couple too many for sure last night, but we are Stanley Cup winners!!!!!!!!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I still can't believe it. Very surreal that the Blues have finally won the Cup.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

tjung0831 wrote:I still can't believe it. Very surreal that the Blues have finally won the Cup.
I know... hell of a run for sure. Lots of ups and downs, a definite emotional roller coaster. Can't wait for the parade Saturday!!!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The US national development program is really paying off this year as 11 Americans were picked up during the 1st round at the draft in Vancouver along 11 Canadians. J. Hughes will be fun to watch along T. Hall and Nico Hishier in a couple of years while Kaapo Kakko will speed up the Rangers progress who traded for J. Trouba earlier in the week. I think physically KK could be ready this year to play with the big boys.

No trades were accomplished today despite the many rumors floating around including key D men like PK Subban and Tyson Barrie.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Here I am, day 2 of the draft weekend @Rogers arena. Prices are much more reasonable than yesterday. Pretty cool watching these young kids and their parents’ hopes and dreams come true as they get picked.

Devils are stocking up nicely. Manhattan better watch out for the Jersey boys. P.K. Subban will be a key addition to a nice group of skilled youngsters, if Schneider can pick up his form, this will be a fun team to watch.

Expecting my Canucks to be active today on the trading front.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

July 1st besides being Canada's day means free agent frenzy on the ice. Among the big names exected to be moved are M. Duchene to NAS, J.Pavelski to DAL along the recently bought out C. Perry, while M.Zucarello is expected to sign with the Wild.

Other big names include the likes of A. Panarin and S. Bobrowski.

A. Shaw goes back to CHI trading a few spots for drafts picks next year which is expected to be rich.

Canucks should add much needed muscle to their D with the addition of 6’8 T. Myers while adding also J. Benn.

These are the expected moves and rumors, expected more moves the next 48 hours.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2019-2020

Post by 10spro »

Opening season is a week away. All teams will be trimming their rosters soon.

The Stanley Cup Champions traded for J. Faulk a solid swift D man that was signed an extension for 7 years. That makes me think that unrestricted free agents like their current captain P. Pietrangelo’s days are numbered and will be shopped around February when the race for the playoffs starts.

Good trade for both Canes and Blues. Canes have a good young crop of D-men coming up and Blues solidify their blue line as well, just not sure if everyone will be wearing those colors once the playoffs begins.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

10spro wrote:Opening season is a week away. All teams will be trimming their rosters soon.

The Stanley Cup Champions traded for J. Faulk a solid swift D man that was signed an extension for 7 years. That makes me think that unrestricted free agents like their current captain P. Pietrangelo’s days are numbered and will be shopped around February when the race for the playoffs starts.

Good trade for both Canes and Blues. Canes have a good young crop of D-men coming up and Blues solidify their blue line as well, just not sure if everyone will be wearing those colors once the playoffs begins.
Great trade for the Blues but unless the team completely falls apart they aren’t trading Petro. They will keep him for another cup run and will just risk him walking away as a free agent on July 1st.
Blues want to resign him but by being proactive with the Faulk trade , Doug Armstrong is basically letting Petro know that if he wants to retire a Blue, it will be on the Blues financial terms and not his.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

tjung0831 wrote:
Great trade for the Blues but unless the team completely falls apart they aren’t trading Petro. They will keep him for another cup run and will just risk him walking away as a free agent on July 1st.
Blues want to resign him but by being proactive with the Faulk trade , Doug Armstrong is basically letting Petro know that if he wants to retire a Blue, it will be on the Blues financial terms and not his.
I love Petro but my thoughts are they know he's leaving and want someone in his place that knows the system. Parayko is the future of this team, not Petro.

I could definitely see a Petro trade for some draft picks.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

After an 0-2 start to the season, Canucks returned home for their opener to face the LA Queens. B. Horvat is the new captain a solid choice that will lead this young and upcoming core to a great future. I have expectations for this team to be in contention for a playoff spot, the dark days should be over soon hopefully. They’ll be still some growing pains, bring on former coach AV and the Flyers.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It’s been eons since the ‘Nucks had a four game winning streak, not since the Sedins days for sure. Down 1-3 going against the SC champs, it’s not easy in today’s NHL to come back, but backup goaltender and all they clawed all the way back into OT and eventually a SO with a 4-3 win.

Character win, last season they would have been buried, with with some key additions the team is looking good. Still a very young team, they’ll have some set backs during the long season but I like what I see so far.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

10spro wrote:It’s been eons since the ‘Nucks had a four game winning streak, not since the Sedins days for sure. Down 1-3 going against the SC champs, it’s not easy in today’s NHL to come back, but backup goaltender and all they clawed all the way back into OT and eventually a SO with a 4-3 win.

Character win, last season they would have been buried, with with some key additions the team is looking good. Still a very young team, they’ll have some set backs during the long season but I like what I see so far.
The Blues keep blowing leads... I will say, Elias Pettersson is a fun player to watch.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Canucks continue with their HOT October start, the kids are doing just fine so far.

Happy Halloween everyone. 8)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Tarasenko out for 5 months.. bummer.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

This Blues team is in mid season form.. fun to watch, LGB!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Sour Grapes aka Don Cherry has been a staple in HNIC for over 30 years. One of the reasons I follow religiously that program despite of which team is playing. Now having said that, I know the author of Rock’em sock’em hockey has been in the hot seat before and I personally questioned his knowledge a decade ago when he was 75 years old.

I was watching the Leafs-Flyers game when his divisive comments raised a lot of eyebrows. The ‘You People’ hit a lot of nerves. And while Rogers Sportsnet the company that owns HNIC apologized over the weekend, I knew it wouldn’t have been enough unless Cherry was let go. And on the 11th hour of this important date, he was fired for his discriminatory comments.

I loved Cherry for his coaches’ corner inputs, loved his passion and while I understand the message underneath the hood, it was in the delivery process that he failed to control.

Sad day for everyone, I will miss him, not sure he’s replaceable, but since Brian Burke is also employed at Rogers and it’s another outspoken personality, he would get my vote.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

The bruin fucktard says you people all the time.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:The bruin fucktard says you people all the time.
And he is a fucktard.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:
XXXIV wrote:The bruin fucktard says you people all the time.
And he is a fucktard.
I have always wanted to punch him in the face but now hes too old.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Flyers #1 prospect Morgan Frost begins his NHL career tonight vs Florida :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Great seeing Maroon get his SC ring, he's such a class act.

Nice win too!!!