Hockey Night In DSP 2023-2024

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2020-2021

Post by 10spro »

Let’s be honest about it, Habs we’re outplayed and outshot badly. Since Petry returned, the D is better balanced, the Vets continue to chip in and the youngsters are shining. Price was the difference last night and Fleury just screwed up.

They have to at least match the intensity of Vegas next game.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote: Let’s be honest about it, Habs we’re outplayed and outshot badly. Since Petry returned, the D is better balanced, the Vets continue to chip in and the youngsters are shining. Price was the difference last night and Fleury just screwed up.

They have to at least match the intensity of Vegas next game.
100% accurate description. They need to show the f*** up at the start of the game. They were total s*** for the first 45-50 minutes of the game.

Fleury's ridiculous flub and some cray cray Price goaltending are the only reasons they got to OT.

The refs must also do a better job. They were beyond disgusting in OT missing a blatant slash a trip and an OBVIOUS to everyone but them blood spurting double minor high stick to the face that was right smack dab in the middle of the play. Their shameful disgraceful display of incompetence was to no avail however as the Habs found a way to over come their own horrible play with a brilliant game winner. Just a beautiful play.

Vegas is the more talented and deeper club but f*** them...

GO HABS!!!!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Did I not kept mentioning the youth in the Habs team particularly Caufield and Suzuki? Impressive performance last night in Vegas. But I’ll say this. They better wrap it at home if they want to advance to the finals. You don’t want to get back to Vegas.

De Boer should have stopped playing with the goalies’ mind.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Again, shades of 93. Congratz Habs fans! What an OT.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Way to go Habs!!!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:45 pm
Again, shades of 93. Congratz Habs fans! What an OT.
93 and 86...

I didnt know what to do with myself after the game winner. It was just awesome. Took a while to sit down let alone sleep.

A great total team victory. This run has been the product of hard work, great goal tending, solid defensive play and just the right amount of explosive youth.

Love how strong willed they have been. They didnt let the Vegas douchebags take them out of their game the way they bullied the Avalanche. Didnt realize how c*** a team they truly are.

Four wins away baby...No matter what happens its been a fun ride. They started the playoffs as a 500 to 1 long shot and they are only four wins away...

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Would love to see the Cup return to Canada.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

This is the only chance the Habs will have to win the cup for a while.

This run they are on where everything is clicking all at once won't happen again. You see this type of run every 3/4 years in the Stanley cup playoffs but usually the team on the run reaches the Final but gets beat.

Habs have snuck up on everyone this year so next year and the years to come they'll have a target on their backs.

I will root for tampa or the islanders anyway to beat the habs. Never was a habs fan, they are like the Yankees of hockey. I know they haven't won now in nearly 30 years but I have no love for them.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Between 76 and 88 only the Isles, Habs or Oilers won the cup

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Last nights OT series winner.

Its sweet every time...

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

That final backhanded pass to set up the winner was a beauty. What vision and rink sense.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:44 pm
That final backhanded pass to set up the winner was a beauty. What vision and rink sense.
And it started with a beautiful west east move in the neutral zone by BC boy B. Gallagher.

Most players would go straight north south in a counter attack. But that little shift to his left bought some time as the wingers were catching up in speed, trapping a couple of Knights player along before passing it to Danault who like you said carried along him those trapped players and made a beautiful no look pass for the eventual winner.

But looking back at this incredible run they are having, is their penalty Kill. As I was mentioning earlier during their first round, when Petry came back from his injury it solidified the D and everyone was better balanced.

You don’t just stop the likes of A. Matthews, Marner, B. Wheeler, J.L. Dubois in the previous series and now keep Mark Stone and skilled players like Karlsson and Marchessault quiet in their battles. They managed to control those key players and neutered their attacks and creativity.

Just a nice balanced of Vets helping the youth carry the team. And Price is Price.

Imagine if they win the Cup. It’ll be Vancouver style of riots.

https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-police-make ... -1.1660073

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Well, the free agent frenzy in the NHL today went fast and furious. I should add the word ‘Crazy’. Can’t think of a season where so many playlers were signed on day 1 and for the crazy amount of cash thrown out there. Not since 2016? Crazy money went to players like Z. Hyman with the Oilers and Dougie Hamilton to the Devils. Don’t get me wrong, Hyman was in high demand playing left wing and being a right hand shooter along with his grit he’ll be a fine addition for the Oils.

But he wanted long term, and he’s already 30 years signing a 7 year term in EDM averaging 7 million per. He’s going to be a really good fit for the next 3-4 years but what about the last 3 years of that contract?

How about Dougie Hamilton? The D core is in high demand this season especially right handed shots that can play on the right side. But for $9 million per? What has he won? A guy like B. Point is getting the same money by resigning in TPA but at least he won backto back Stanley’s.

While my Canucks were doing a lot of bad dead money washing over the pastcouple of days by unloading a lot of bad contracts and going thru buyouts, the team will be an improvement with some interesting additions like C. Garland while the D may need still need some upgrading.

Habs are still getting a lot of criticism after drafting a controversial kid last week over the draft while losing a key center in Danault while signing Savard who will be replacing S. Weber who’s career is rumored to be over.

New expansion Krakens have some good foundation to build on while the best team this coming season COL Avs were left empty handed and will still need a solid goalkeeper to back up that skilled team in front, as they lost Grubauer to Seattle.

Now the biggest name out there is still J.Eichel. Although he’s not a FA, his days in BUF are numbered if not over and only a team like the Rangers and Kings maybe able to afford that large contract.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

The Hurricanes signing 2 scumbags and 2 new goalies. :?

Also, Eichel... He wants to have surgery on his neck but hasn't yet because the team says he doesn't need it. That's going to put a damper on any trades. I do wonder if he's been checked out by another interested team's doctor though. I'd imagine neck surgery would require some significant time away.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I don’t follow hockey much but read that a Sharks player by the name of Evander Kane is alleged to have bet on his own games and he lost them on purpose to make a quick buck. The person who turned him in? His pregnant wife who she claims abandoned her and his 1 yr old daughter. The dude sounds sounds like a real dirtbag, including paying for forced abortions, sexual assault. Apparently the NHL Commish is now involved.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/shar ... played-in/

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:38 pm
I don’t follow hockey much but read that a Sharks player by the name of Evander Kane is alleged to have bet on his own games and he lost them on purpose to make a quick buck. The person who turned him in? His pregnant wife who she claims abandoned her and his 1 yr old daughter. The dude sounds sounds like a real dirtbag, including paying for forced abortions, sexual assault. Apparently the NHL Commish is now involved.

Yep, he’s one of the douchebags in the league. Claimed bankruptcy last year, hope the league comes in hard…

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
Rodster wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:38 pm

Yep, he’s one of the douchebags in the league. Claimed bankruptcy last year, hope the league comes in hard…
What a disgusting piece of s***.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Jimmy Hayes... dead. I listen to the MissinCurfew pod and just saw the news today that Jimmy had passed. Age 31. 3 young kids. pretty sad.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2021-2022

Post by 10spro »

The season started exactly two weeks ago and Canucks with their longest road trip yet, at least came back above 500.

Nothing new when it comes to brutal travels when you’re in the west but will finally make their home debut on Tuesday with full fans attendance after the last two difficult seasons for the league.

The ageless A. Ovechkin continues to shine, how’s six goals in six games already, including a hat trick vs the Sens last night.

Only 7 games in, but Leafs nation is starting to panic already. Not only they are not scoring with all tha t talent but are allowing goals galore.
Mitch Marner who makes 10+ millions a year with only 1 point so far.

Canes are still unbeaten along the mighty Oils, they are fast and skilled team, took care of TOR with no problem.

Hawks are still looking for a W, the game is pretty fast these days, is all about skills, fun to watch…

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

This is NOT good for the Blackhawks organization. GM Bowman negotiates his own exit amid some serious allegations by “John Doe” while former coach Q currently in FLA and Jets GM Cheveldayoff will have a date with the commissioner about the incident.

https://www.tsn.ca/fallout-from-the-bla ... -1.1712083

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Not sure if you folks back east got the chance to see this beauty last week from the best player in the world. One vs 4, he cranks up his gear and blows them by before deking the goalie. Whether you watch it for the first time or in two years, this is one is a keeper.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laNRPAjKQsM[/youtube]

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:57 pm
Not sure if you folks back east got the chance to see this beauty last week from the best player in the world. One vs 4, he cranks up his gear and blows them by before deking the goalie. Whether you watch it for the first time or in two years, this is one is a keeper.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laNRPAjKQsM[/youtube]
McJesus, indeed.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

When you’re in the Canadian market and your team struggles for weeks, the pressure cooker is something that no team down south experiences at the same level. Canadiens just fired GM M. Bergevin who just a year ago went all the way to the SC finals. Sure you don't start the season with two key guys like Price and Weber, but for some reason the team just failed to show up. Not quite a quarter way into the season but they decided to chop heads early and a new GM is in the works.

Canucks aren’t doing any better, the calls to fire GM J. Benning or coach T.Green are intensifying by every heartbreak loss but when you lose 8 out of the last 9 games and your star players are not showing up someone unfortunately will pay the price.

A pity because the team is not playing that badly in my opinion but the results are just not there and they continue to find a way to lose in the last 5 minutes of every game. This is not NHL 22 the videogame, but watching them this season has been incredibly frustrating.

Sadly someone will be fired soon too…

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

A week ago I was mentioning how tough it is in the Canadian market when things don’t go well whether you live in Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver. Habs fired their GM last week and I was just saying that my Canuckleheads wouldn’t be far from cleaning house.

After yet another disappointing loss to the Pens on Saturday at home and witnessing a Jersey thrown into the ice I told the Dragons that no matter what, you don’t do that.

Well, fast forward 24 hours and both GM and T. Green are out of town as the organization looks to reshape this team that should be achieving their potential and is still relatively young.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Flyers showed Vigneault the door today. 7 straight losses and and ass-whooping last night will do that. Things looked solid about a month ago…beat Edmonton and a few other nice teams but it went south quick. Currently they are down 7-4 to the Avalanche. It will be interesting to see who they hire. Rick Tocchet? It’s been a rough few weeks.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25