Hockey Night In DSP 2023-2024

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2019-2020

Post by 10spro »

Mike Babcock was under a lot of pressure for the past two weeks in Toronto. When you’re in a Canadian market, you’re constantly under the microscope especially in the center of the universe :roll:.

In my opinion it was a bit hasty, yes you can bark so much at your players, every team has key injuries this time of the year but despite missing Marner, the D has always been an issue and now they don’t even have a decent back up keeper due to their salary cap.

With still three years on the contract, Babcock will probably take the season off and coach again next year. Sheldon Keefe takes over and they are in a tough road trip that started with a loss in Vegas last night. Who? He coached their junior affiliate team the Marlins for three years.

Speaking of struggles, Canucks have slowed down a bit, they have a brutal 6 games on the road vs top teams that started already with a no show vs the Stars last night and it’ll get even tougher. November has not been a good month for them historically and one can only hope that the injuries can heal quicker.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

f***in Canucks...Happy Thanksgiving Vader, my team was sure in the true spirits. Thanks to them I went Diablo and my small 40’ TV got a big scratched screen. :evil: Embarrassing loss.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

10spro wrote:f***in Canucks...Happy Thanksgiving Vader, my team was sure in the true spirits. Thanks to them I went Diablo and my small 40’ TV got a big scratched screen. :evil: Embarrassing loss.

:P
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Hey, I’ve never scratched one of my TVs. Hole in the wall...yes, hole in a door....yes, broken coffee mug in the street...hell yes. It felt good.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

All of these injuries and we call up more players and keep playing great hockey!!!

Ol Jakey even looked great tonight! LGB!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It’s a tradition at this time of the year between the Russians and Team Canada. The bad boys trashed the Canadians during the early round robin 6-0 in the most embarrassing loss in years for Canada. It was a big wake up call for them and they went on a rampage since then winning all of their remaining games including the WJC finals today.

Remember the name of Lafreniere, this kid was injured early in the tournament, came back strong and will be a number 1 pick this summer during the draft.

Go Canada go...

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:It’s a tradition at this time of the year between the Russians and Team Canada. The bad boys trashed the Canadians during the early round robin 6-0 in the most embarrassing loss in years for Canada. It was a big wake up call for them and they went on a rampage since then winning all of their remaining games including the WJC finals today.

Remember the name of Lafreniere, this kid was injured early in the tournament, came back strong and will be a number 1 pick this summer during the draft.

Go Canada go...
That was a hell of a goal to win it.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The All Stars break is coming up and if you asked me if I pictured my Canuckleheads to be on top of the Pacific division at this time of the season, I would be telling you a flat NO.

My expectations were for them to be fighting for a playoffs spot, but the young guns have been putting quite a show for the last dozen games or so.

When they lose, it’s mostly a hard lesson for these youngsters especially against a good team but for the most part they have been quite resilient lately. Still, I expect some bumps along the way for sure but instead of selling assets, they might just be in the buyers market to boost up their chances for that coveted playoffs spot.

Of course that division is tight like a can of sardines with the exception of the CA teams and anything can still happen between now and the end of April.

Going to the AS break are J. Markstrom who’ s been solid in net, rookie Quinn Hughes and of course E. Petterson.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Good to see JBO recuperating in St Louis after the scare in the bench yesterday where they needed a defibrillator to revive him.

Tonight’s the magic night where #33 and #22 numbers were raised to the rafters. The Sedins made their 10 foot game so easy and changed the game somewhat during their lengthy career with the Canucks. Their east-west style, the slap pass, their unmatched skills.

They’ll be remembered for their great community work in Vancouver, classy guys, well respected in the hockey community where former teammates and GM’s made time to attend the ceremony. (Who invited Gary Bettman).

Hope all the emotions carry over the game with the Blackhawk tonight as the Pacific division is getting pretty tight.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

The JBO situation last night was scary. So relieved he's ok and Petro said he was being his normal self at the hospital.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Great story and even a better feel adventure when the opponent are the Maple Laughs...

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/dav ... ple-leafs/

Always a rivalry between the a Bruins and Canucks. My boys were embarrassed 4-0 a month ago in BOS and with playoffs in the mind of everyone and a nervous trading deadline coming up on Monday, VAN destroyed the best team in the league 9-3 at home where everyone clicked together including new acquisition Tyler Toffoli.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

The 8 shots he saved were sooooo weak.

No way the Leafs get anywhere in the playoffs.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Ovi reaches 700 -- what a god.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Sudz wrote:The 8 shots he saved were sooooo weak.

No way the Leafs get anywhere in the playoffs.
See, I look it at it the other way man. If I was a Leafs coach I would have told my players to keep shooting at the net. Come on man, he’s 42 regular John Doe, a Zamboni driver with borrowed pads in an emergency back up situation facing millionaires snipers at you.

I wished Leafs peppered him with more shots, we would have never known how good he really is.

It’s like a Dragons game when you face a team with a human goalie instead of the AI. Don’t you want to keep testing the human side?

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Saying the same thing... the Leafs couldn't get ANY quality shots off in the 3rd period. The Canes just locked them down and protected the net.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

That was a fun game last night, 6-5 Blues over the Hawks.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Looks like the Sharks will be playing their remaining home games without a soul watching inside due to the corona virus. Sports team are also closing access to the locker rooms, these are uncertain times folks.

Speaking of uncertainty, Canucks better get their act together the next couple of weeks as the season closes to an end. Sure the unexpected injury to their MVP in J. Markstrom after the drilling to the Bruins two weeks ago started the current slide, but with that came a bunch of key injuries at the most critical time of the year.

From first in the Pacific to missing a wildcard spot currently, that’s how tight things are in the west, they do have games in hand but if they can’t stop their current losses, it doesn’t really matter.

Dire times in Vancouver as the pressure starts to mount for this young team to make it to the playoffs.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Boy this corona virus is hurting everyone. They just suspended all NBA games, COL & SJ will be playing without the presence of their fans, wouldn’t be surprised if more teams follow suit and maybe even follow the NBA example should player test positive.

Uncertain times for sure.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:Boy this corona virus is hurting everyone. They just suspended all NBA games, COL & SJ will be playing without the presence of their fans, wouldn’t be surprised if more teams follow suit and maybe even follow the NBA example should player test positive.

Uncertain times for sure.
I think it's almost a certainty the NHL will suspend its season. Anyone who has played hockey or spent time in a hockey locker room knows it is perhaps the most unsanitary place in sports. Maybe only a boxing corner and a sh*t pile behind the stables at Churchill Downs are greater incubators of disease in sports.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The season is officially suspended until further notice. So is the MLS, with so much happening by the hour, it’s the correct thing to do with any sports events.

March madness should be next, UEFA matches, MLB should be postponed as well.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Duke already said they are not going to play in the NCAA Tournament if it isn't canceled, but that has to be on life support.

Of course after 17 years of putting in for lottery Masters tickets, this is the year I finally win 2 to the Sunday round. Even that is looking dire at the moment. Just hoping that they don't do a lottery for 2021 and the lottery winners are honored for next year.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It is no secret that the league always wanted to finish this season even if it would be played during the hot days of summer. The plan was confirmed recently by G. Bettman where the top 12 teas of each conference would make the playoffs. Twenty four teams battling it out for the best of five during the first round.

So yeah, some teams that were never in the run all, of the sudden do have a wild look at the dance.

The question now is where and when? The league is looking at a couple of Hubs only, ideally one in Canada and the other in the US. My guess would be sometimes in mid July and if Canada doesn't ease the quarantine restrictions, probably both hubs would be based in the US. We shall see, if the restrictions are somehow lifted or at least shortened when in comes to self quarantine, Edmonton and Vancouver are the candidate cities for Canada to host the games.

Las Vegas and Columbus probably will get a strong look in the States.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I wonder if it would be easier to have just 4 teams play in a hub versus just using 2 large hubs. Maybe shrink down the number of hubs as it goes along? Seems like 2 hubs with 12 teams would be a pretty large amount of people to contain.
10spro wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:26 pm
It is no secret that the league always wanted to finish this season even if it would be played during the hot days of summer. The plan was confirmed recently by G. Bettman where the top 12 teas of each conference would make the playoffs. Twenty four teams battling it out for the best of five during the first round.

So yeah, some teams that were never in the run all, of the sudden do have a wild look at the dance.

The question now is where and when? The league is looking at a couple of Hubs only, ideally one in Canada and the other in the US. My guess would be sometimes in mid July and if Canada doesn't ease the quarantine restrictions, probably both hubs would be based in the US. We shall see, if the restrictions are somehow lifted or at least shortened when in comes to self quarantine, Edmonton and Vancouver are the candidate cities for Canada to host the games.

Las Vegas and Columbus probably will get a strong look in the States.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Looks like the league has settled with Edmonton and Toronto as the Hubs for the playoffs, given the conditions in the States now. A few more details between the NHLPA & Bettman to sort out and we should see some fan-less hockey 2-3 weeks from now.