Hockey Night In DSP 2023-2024

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2018-2019

Post by MizzouRah »

10spro wrote: A much different Blues team so far at least for the first 20 minutes, outshooting the ‘Nucks 15-5. The whole team was sleep walking in the first, embarrassing. :oops:

Carter Hart was astounding again tonight. Phillies do have something to cheer about for a change, he’s your franchise goalie for sure. I discovered this gem two years ago in the minors.
I'm taping so I'll get started watching here soon. I think the more time Berube has to work with them, the better they have been playing. We shall see though.. it's usually two good games and a 7-2 trouncing by some other team.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:
10spro wrote: Probably the one they lost 6-1 two weeks ago... :twisted:
That's what I'm afraid of! :lol:
A much different Blues team so far at least for the first 20 minutes, outshooting the ‘Nucks 15-5. The whole team was sleep walking in the first, embarrassing. :oops:

Carter Hart was astounding again tonight. Phillies do have something to cheer about for a change, he’s your franchise goalie for sure. I discovered this gem two years ago in the minors.
:D :D :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MizzouRah wrote:
10spro wrote: A much different Blues team so far at least for the first 20 minutes, outshooting the ‘Nucks 15-5. The whole team was sleep walking in the first, embarrassing. :oops:

I'm taping so I'll get started watching here soon. I think the more time Berube has to work with them, the better they have been playing. We shall see though.. it's usually two good games and a 7-2 trouncing by some other team.
A much better effort from VAN for the last two periods, I was just a goal short of my predicament. 11-2 score aggregate for the last two games. :lol: Although he scored a goal, Tarasenko needs to be more productive under C. Berube.

Gratz to Carey Price for his 300th win surpassing already P. Roy and second only to J. Plante among Habs greatest keepers.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

10spro wrote: A much better effort from VAN for the last two periods, I was just a goal short of my predicament. 11-2 score aggregate for the last two games. :lol: Although he scored a goal, Tarasenko needs to be more productive under C. Berube.

Gratz to Carey Price for his 300th win surpassing already P. Roy and second only to J. Plante among Habs greatest keepers.
I know we need to score more goals but it's time to depart ways with Jake Allen. Vancouver stayed in this game early because of their goalie and we just don't have that in Allen. I would also like to see Steen traded. He's been a Bluenote for a long time, but we need to purge that contract if he will wave his NTC.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It’s time for the World Juniors to show their stuff, really excited that’s in my neck of the woods and will check a couple of games for sure. Look forward to watching the Hughes brothers too, Quinn is drafted by the Canucks already and Jack will probably go #1 next year.

Predictions: Canada-USA and Russia-Cze in the semis. The Swedes will lurk round...

Go team Canada.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Another loss to the Kings... this team is done. Time to see if we can move some vets like Steen, Gunny, etc.. and take that freaking C off of Pietrangelo and give it to ROR.

Let the kids play and prepare for a top 5 draft.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2018-2

Post by 10spro »

MizzouRah wrote:Another loss to the Kings... this team is done. Time to see if we can move some vets like Steen, Gunny, etc.. and take that freaking C off of Pietrangelo and give it to ROR.

It’s been a disappointing season for your Blues and Kings for sure. Successful teams these days are made of 5’8 to 6’1 players that can skate fast and are agile enough to fend off bigger teams like LA and St Louis. That’s three seasons ago or more. They just can’t catch up.

You gotta go very young these days and rely on the draft. While everyone tends to go with youth, you have a team like LA signing a 33 year in I. Kovalchuk hoping to rekindle his career in the NHL. No wonder you see them where they are.

Your GM Armstrong is in a hot seat no doubt, when trading deadline comes next month, it’s time to trade for assets and start the rebuild.

But that’s just a couple of examples of teams that are struggling. In my opinion no team is more wasted these days than the Edmonton Oilers. I mean how many first round draft picks have they had in the past decade and still, they don’t have an answer to their mess. They got a generational player in C. McDavid a stud, and they tried to build around him with players like M. Lucic who can’t skate signing him forever for big money while trading away T. Hall.

It’s not the plan that it’s at fault here, it’s the execution. Another example, they trade J.Eberle for Strome which turns out to be another move for R. Spooner and they just put the latter on waivers. They get a new coach in Hitchcock to guide them how to play proper D, yet they don’t have the proper manpower to do so. Jesse Puljujärvi who was drafted top three two years ago goes from being a top blue chip prospect to a forgotten prospect.

Goaltending is a another question mark yet they think they got their future already in M.Koskinen, a player that played only 27 games for them in his first BHL season and here they are signing him for three years worth 4.5 million per. Not saying he’s a bust, but why such a rush? C. Talbot will be shipped out soon no doubt.

I would be shocked if Peter Chiarelli is not gone before or after the AS break, EDM seems to be a team with a constant potential to be, never to come to fruition. And you have McDavid at his prime now. The rails are coming off in a hurry...

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It's been less than 24 hours since my post above. Does the Edmonton organization read this forum? What a mess...

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:It's been less than 24 hours since my post above. Does the Edmonton organization read this forum? What a mess...
Chiarelli was a joke. Bad trades, and the Oil is locked into salary cap hell due to the hefty contracts he handed out.

And Keith Gretzky? Really? What are his qualifications to handle the top job other than his last name generating an eternal source of good feeling among Oilers' fans?

The Oilers rival the Sacramento Kings as the most dysfunctional franchise among the "big four" North American sports leagues. Both have done less with more top picks and assets than any other, but at least the Kings are showing progress this year in the NBA.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:
10spro wrote:It's been less than 24 hours since my post above. Does the Edmonton organization read this forum? What a mess...
Chiarelli was a joke. Bad trades, and the Oil is locked into salary cap hell due to the hefty contracts he handed out.

And Keith Gretzky? Really? What are his qualifications to handle the top job other than his last name generating an eternal source of good feeling among Oilers' fans?

The Oilers rival the Sacramento Kings as the most dysfunctional franchise among the "big four" North American sports leagues. Both have done less with more top picks and assets than any other, but at least the Kings are showing progress this year in the NBA.
I seriously doubt Keith is their man PK, if anything he probably knows the young prospects better than anyone now and should decide who decides to go back to the Juniors, who stays. Players like Yamamoto for example as good as they are, should not be put under the current pressure cooker. Even during the press conference today, Bob Nicholson whom I respect a lot didn’t know as what the organization needed to do next.

To me, there’s just too many players of the glory days of the 80’s hanging around the club to profit from their wine tasting club (no joking here) every weekend. Guys like P. Coffey taking care of the ‘players skills’ department. Nothing against Coffey again, but what does that title do exactly? You don’t know or recognize a player when they have all the tools to be skilled player?

Besides Coffey, former players like C.MacTavish, K. Lowe, G. Anderson have some kind of minor jobs in regards to player development. What has that turned out over the years, well you can see the results for yourself.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Well said, James.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2018-2

Post by MizzouRah »

10spro wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:Another loss to the Kings... this team is done. Time to see if we can move some vets like Steen, Gunny, etc.. and take that freaking C off of Pietrangelo and give it to ROR.

It’s been a disappointing season for your Blues and Kings for sure. Successful teams these days are made of 5’8 to 6’1 players that can skate fast and are agile enough to fend off bigger teams like LA and St Louis. That’s three seasons ago or more. They just can’t catch up.

You gotta go very young these days and rely on the draft. While everyone tends to go with youth, you have a team like LA signing a 33 year in I. Kovalchuk hoping to rekindle his career in the NHL. No wonder you see them where they are.

Your GM Armstrong is in a hot seat no doubt, when trading deadline comes next month, it’s time to trade for assets and start the rebuild.

But that’s just a couple of examples of teams that are struggling. In my opinion no team is more wasted these days than the Edmonton Oilers. I mean how many first round draft picks have they had in the past decade and still, they don’t have an answer to their mess. They got a generational player in C. McDavid a stud, and they tried to build around him with players like M. Lucic who can’t skate signing him forever for big money while trading away T. Hall.

It’s not the plan that it’s at fault here, it’s the execution. Another example, they trade J.Eberle for Strome which turns out to be another move for R. Spooner and they just put the latter on waivers. They get a new coach in Hitchcock to guide them how to play proper D, yet they don’t have the proper manpower to do so. Jesse Puljujärvi who was drafted top three two years ago goes from being a top blue chip prospect to a forgotten prospect.

Goaltending is a another question mark yet they think they got their future already in M.Koskinen, a player that played only 27 games for them in his first BHL season and here they are signing him for three years worth 4.5 million per. Not saying he’s a bust, but why such a rush? C. Talbot will be shipped out soon no doubt.

I would be shocked if Peter Chiarelli is not gone before or after the AS break, EDM seems to be a team with a constant potential to be, never to come to fruition. And you have McDavid at his prime now. The rails are coming off in a hurry...
Yeah they just had a piece on the Oilers on NHL network, and I thought the Blues were in bad shape.

We keep trading away draft picks so we never get anyone that can make an impact, at least not for several years.

I think it's time the Blues get a fresh face at the GM spot, someone who thinks about a faster, younger hockey team. I would think we could at least get later draft picks for cap eating vets like Steen, Bouwmeester, Gunny, etc.. get as many picks as you can and maybe even shake the team up further by trading Schwartz or maybe even a haul you might get for Tarasenko.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Stick to footie, Jose. :lol:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

With less than two weeks to go prior to trade deadline, I can’t think of another team other than Edmonton being a total disaster than the lame Ducks. Much like Vancouver, they experienced a lot of injuries this season but I think R. Carlisle has finally lost the locker room with some very bad losses lately. His days must be numbered.

It’s been awhile that a Leafs-Habs game meant much, and it was a dandy one tonight with the hot Leafs winning it in OT. A. Matthews signed a huge contract this week, it’ll be interesting to see if Dubas can keep his young core together with M. Marner yet to be signed to a big contract.

The time is NOW for Toronto.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I should stop talking about people’s days being numbered, but really GM B. Murray had no other choice.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Flyers Pens on NBC Sports tonight. If you guys are looking to see a great young talent in the NHL watch this game tonight. Carter Hart is the real deal. Hope he has a great game tonight. Can’t believe Im saying this but the Flyers have a shot at the playoffs.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

Tampa is on some kinda of roll , and its been a pleasure to watch. They've been close the last several seasons,and seem to have turned it up a notch this year. The Cup playoffs are the toughest to navigate, but its hard to see a weak link anywhere.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Laughing at the post I made on 1-21.. HAHA!!! Now they have a franchise record 11 wins in a row!

Berube has this team firing on all cylinders!!!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MizzouRah wrote:Laughing at the post I made on 1-21.. HAHA!!! Now they have a franchise record 11 wins in a row!

Berube has this team firing on all cylinders!!!
You mean Jordan Binnington? To me he’s been the key to your Blues’ renaissance, the Carter Hart of the West if you will. Such an underrated goalie that was probably #4-5th in their depth charts yet at 25 years is making a big impression and a solid run at a playoffs spot. Played for team Canada juniors before and navigated much in the junior leagues before his big splash around January.

Now, the key for him is to stay consistent and keep focused as Hart may well tell you, after his recent impressive run with the Phillies hit a sudden stop sign.

They came to play against the potent Leafs, big hit on Kadri set the tone in the first period. The Jets and Preds better step up on pedal, you wouldn’t want to face a hot goalie in the playoffs.

A nice run lately, helps that Tarasenko remembered how to score too and Pietrangelo is being the leader that he’s supposed to be.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Here’s another guy who’s been key to his team’s renaissance from the dead: Patty Kane. Another win in OT, he’s been on a 19 games points streak and looks just unstoppable. The addition of R. Strome gave Hawks new life too, don’t know why the Coyotes gave up so early on this guy. They can score at will, they do need to tighten up their back end though, but they are all of a sudden fighting for a wildcard spot in the west.

As for my Canuckleheads, well they started the season with 6-7 regulars out, about two weeks ago they were fighting for that wildcard spot finally being healthy, only to go thru the same rash of injuries lately and at one point without both goaltenders. Thank goodness for the wonder kid Elias Petterson, but with 6 regulars out again, it’ll be tough to keep fighting for that elusive second wildcard spot.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

10spro wrote: You mean Jordan Binnington? To me he’s been the key to your Blues’ renaissance, the Carter Hart of the West if you will. Such an underrated goalie that was probably #4-5th in their depth charts yet at 25 years is making a big impression and a solid run at a playoffs spot. Played for team Canada juniors before and navigated much in the junior leagues before his big splash around January.

Now, the key for him is to stay consistent and keep focused as Hart may well tell you, after his recent impressive run with the Phillies hit a sudden stop sign.

They came to play against the potent Leafs, big hit on Kadri set the tone in the first period. The Jets and Preds better step up on pedal, you wouldn’t want to face a hot goalie in the playoffs.

A nice run lately, helps that Tarasenko remembered how to score too and Pietrangelo is being the leader that he’s supposed to be.
Yes, that guy! (Binnington) and his play has made Allen's play better when he gets a game here or there.

Ryan O'Reilly is the man though.. I don't remember the last time I've watched a player like him. The guy gives his all each and every game and he's fun to watch.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

With the trading deadline come and gone, Mark Stone the biggest fish in the market today was traded to Vegas a team that was in the finals last year, took a bit of tumble this season but looks set again to create some damage again in the playoffs.

The dismantle of the Senators is now complete trading the likes of M. Duchene and Dzingle last week to CBJ. With a lot of picks and a nice collection of prospects, they’ll try to do what the Leafs have been doing to get them where they are today. They are prospects but also what I call A+ prospects. Getting in return E. Brannstrom from Vegas will help their D core in the future. Good move.

Other key players that got moved, W. Simmonds is in NAS now, K. Hayes will add depth to a very good Jets team already, Columbus looks set to hit a homer with those two players from OTT.

G. Nyquist goes to the Sharks.

Pens needed some muscle in defense acquiring E, Gudbranson who was under the microscope in Vancouver. With such move any hope of fighting for the last wild card spot is gone for the Canucks who are already depleted with injuries on D.

The race for a playoffs spot has begun...

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I thought the deal for Stone was a steal for Vegas, especially if they can sign him long term. Would have loved to give some prospects away plus Steen for Stone.

Blues are just too cap heavy to make any moves.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MizzouRah wrote:I thought the deal for Stone was a steal for Vegas, especially if they can sign him long term. Would have loved to give some prospects away plus Steen for Stone.

He was signed for 8 years, 9.5 per. Good team player, hard worker, excellent signing.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

10spro wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:I thought the deal for Stone was a steal for Vegas, especially if they can sign him long term. Would have loved to give some prospects away plus Steen for Stone.

He was signed for 8 years, 9.5 per. Good team player, hard worker, excellent signing.
Good for him, nice addition for sure.