Hockey Night In DSP 2023-2024

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2017-2018

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:Start the parade for Leafs nation. Local boy John Tavares is going to play for his hometown.
Sloooooooow doooooown

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

JVR back to Flyers.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:
10spro wrote:Start the parade for Leafs nation. Local boy John Tavares is going to play for his hometown.
Sloooooooow doooooown
Exactly. It's the Leafs, after all.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Leafs still don't have Cup quality goaltending.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Sudz wrote:Leafs still don't have Cup quality goaltending.
It’s their D where they need to add a few pieces especially on the right side.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

They should go after Faulk from Carolina. (who just over paid for DeHaan by $2M).

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

RIP Ray Emery. Drowned in Hamilton, Ontario. Just 35. Gone far too soon. Always loved Razor's aggressive style of goaltending.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

How horrible.

So sad

OMG

R I P

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:RIP Ray Emery. Drowned in Hamilton, Ontario. Just 35. Gone far too soon. Always loved Razor's aggressive style of goaltending.
Damn. I loved Razor’s time with the Flyers. He was misunderstood. When he got to the Flyers I could see it. Sad news indeed. RIP.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Emery also had Mike Tyson painted on a few of his masks -- another reason this boxing fanatic dug him.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2018-2019

Post by 10spro »

Training camp is around the corner and Habs avoid a major distraction by trading their captain Max Pacioretty to Vegas for a pick next year, Tatar and Suzuki. I don't think M. Bergevin has been very good with his trades but I like what he did here. Nick Suzuki is a skilled prospect, a centreman and with that move MON will be patching a key position they've missed since the days of S. Koivu. They'll suck again along OTT and VAN but the youth movement has started.

Vegas will still be good, not back to the SC finals good but with Pacioretty and P. Stastny they won't miss J. Neal and D. Perron as much.

With this move, it would be smart for OTT to do the same thing in moving E. Karlsson a quality player they won't be able to resign. Vegas would be a team they have the funds for, and the sooner it's done, the less distraction for the Senators.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

10spro wrote:Training camp is around the corner and Habs avoid a major distraction by trading their captain Max Pacioretty to Vegas for a pick next year, Tatar and Suzuki. I don't think M. Bergevin has been very good with his trades but I like what he did here. Nick Suzuki is a skilled prospect, a centreman and with that move MON will be patching a key position they've missed since the days of S. Koivu. They'll suck again along OTT and VAN but the youth movement has started.

Vegas will still be good, not back to the SC finals good but with Pacioretty and P. Stastny they won't miss J. Neal and D. Perron as much.

With this move, it would be smart for OTT to do the same thing in moving E. Karlsson a quality player they won't be able to resign. Vegas would be a team they have the funds for, and the sooner it's done, the less distraction for the Senators.
Ottawa should just bite the bullet and trade Karlsson and Stone to Colorado and get their original 1st round pick back and a prospect or two from Colorado. They are going to trade both of them anyway and probably Duchene as well. Having a legit shot at Jack Hughes next June would be the way to go.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Sens, did not really have a choice but to trade their captain in lieu on what MON just did with Pacioretty. The owner E. Melnyk is a complete idiot and it’s one of those owners with hands on when no one asks for it.

E. Karlsson will QB the Sharks defense, should he resign in SJ, it’ll probably be in the 9-10 million range.

Players like M. Stone and M. Duchene won’t last in that franchise past February as a complete rebuild will be underway.

As if the western conference is not competitive enough, it just got that much better.

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

Stevie Y is stepping down as Lightning GM ,, huge blow for the Bolts. Arguably the best GM in hockey. He will stay on as advisor this year,before spending time with family, but most pundits see an eventual move back to Detroit.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

snaz16 wrote:Stevie Y is stepping down as Lightning GM ,, huge blow for the Bolts. Arguably the best GM in hockey. He will stay on as advisor this year,before spending time with family, but most pundits see an eventual move back to Detroit.
Which is a matter of time. I am going to say next year. Ken Holland will eventually step down in Wings land after a few outrageous contracts but the transition is all set for Stevie Y to return. He’ll be closer to home in Ontario and will have to start the rebuild in DET.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

The NHL is back tonight! Can't wait!
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Is it bad that I want an injury to either Flyers goalie so it forces Hextall to bring up Carter Hart? Kid is legit...mature beyond his years. As usual, the Flyers start on the road. Welcome back JVR!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Impressive debut by rookie Elias Pettersson for the ‘Nucks. Kind of strange not seeing the twins anymore but in a couple of more years VAN will look really sharp.

Good for the league sending T. Wilson a message for hits to the head. 20 games fits the crime for a repeat offender.

The rat Marchand should also get a fair share for jumping on Ellers.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:Good for the league sending T. Wilson a message for hits to the head. 20 games fits the crime for a repeat offender.
That kind of crap will continue in perpetuity in the NHL since nearly all of Canadian hockey culture, including coaches at the youth level, considers that a "good hit" and that Sundqvist is just a "p*ssy Swede who should have kept his head up."

Stereotypical by me? Of course. But true? You're damn straight.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

No love lost between the Preds and Jets. A lot of heavy hits some dirty ones, brawls breaking with the home prevailing 3-0 despite a lot of opportunities missed with the man advantage. These two western teams will take it to the top.

Gotta admit is fun watching these young Leafs team so far A lot of offense, the D is still suspect but when you can outscore the opponent at will watching the Marner-Tavares line reminds me a lot of the Oilers of the early 80’s, not to mention Matthews who already has nine goals.

Canucks are playing .500 hockey after four games in this young season, and rookie Elias Pettersson continues to shine with 7 points including four goals already. There’s hasn’t been much to look forward in this town when it comes to talent since the younger days of Pavel Bure or the Sedin twins but this kid has raised some eyebrows at 19 years young.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

pk500 wrote:
10spro wrote:Good for the league sending T. Wilson a message for hits to the head. 20 games fits the crime for a repeat offender.
That kind of crap will continue in perpetuity in the NHL since nearly all of Canadian hockey culture, including coaches at the youth level, considers that a "good hit" and that Sundqvist is just a "p*ssy Swede who should have kept his head up."

Stereotypical by me? Of course. But true? You're damn straight.
I recently read Game Change by Ken Dryden about the problem of concussions in hockey. He traces the history of how this culture arose, calls it out, and suggests it's really not that complicated to fix. He's on our side!
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Naples39 wrote:I recently read Game Change by Ken Dryden about the problem of concussions in hockey. He traces the history of how this culture arose, calls it out, and suggests it's really not that complicated to fix. He's on our side!
No one will listen to the Sage of the Rink.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Halloween has come and gone and while looking quickly at the challenging Pacific division standings I took a quick snap picture at who was in first place.

A second look actually. Yeah, that was the ‘Nucks doing the impossible so far, riding the skills of Elia Pettersson, future captain Bo Horvat and some solid goaltending. We all know it’s not going to last, especially when you have already 6 regulars out of the lineup in this young season in what’s a perennial serious problem in Lotus land.

T. Stetcher was hit on the head yesterday vs The Hawks and looks like he’ll be the 7th men out.

Gotta lead the league in most men lost to injury for the past three seasons. Just ridiculous. But the team is young and on the rebuild, with so many players already out, including their top D pairing it’ll be a matter of days before they touch rock bottom.

In fact, a lot of fans want to see that so that the possibility of winning the lottery for getting the other Hughes brother can be a reality. We could just have another brotherhood love in your near future.

Too early for now though, a lot of games to be played still...

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

If you asked me if coach Q would be the first coach to be fired in this young season, I would say 'NO way'. There were rifts on the way that started last year, huge contract tie ups that are not of his fault but after 10 seasons GM Bowman decided to pull the trigger. If he didn't make this move the bullet would have been on the GM instead. A business move.

He's 60, probably will stay unemployed for a very short period of time and will mean only thing. Teams in trouble will be tempted to fire their own to get a head start on coach Q.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:If you asked me if coach Q would be the first coach to be fired in this young season, I would say 'NO way'. There were rifts on the way that started last year, huge contract tie ups that are not of his fault but after 10 seasons GM Bowman decided to pull the trigger. If he didn't make this move the bullet would have been on the GM instead. A business move.

He's 60, probably will stay unemployed for a very short period of time and will mean only thing. Teams in trouble will be tempted to fire their own to get a head start on coach Q.
Well said.

Q will be writing his own ticket next year or if he doesnt like the available destinations he will be taking another year off laying back watching TV collecting a huge pay check.

No need to feel sorry for this guy. He is a and the big winner.