Forza Horizon 3 demo impressions

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Forza Horizon 3 demo impressions

Post by Lancer »

I know what youre talking about. There was something in the demo just missing. FH2 is probably one of my favorite games ever. But FH3 demo was just blah. I will eventually pick it up sometime but it's no longer a must get. So many other games right now to keep me busy. Maybe when we're in the slow months around March its the right time to get it.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Wilk5280 wrote:I know it's a lot more of the same, but I REALLY like the Australian backdrop for this one and am having an absolute blast. No buyers remorse here at all.
Certainly not remorseful...in fact, I can't put it down. So even though it is more of the same, you're right. It's different enough to warrant a purchase...just don't think it was worth the 85 (or 100) for the Ultimate version.
I felt same way so I picked up the standard edition. Horizon series lines up with my racing game preferences. Playing the opening races the game world just feels better in this one.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Ultimate Edition was a waste for PC. Wheel support still sketchy, and the game craches frequently. I'm currently stuck in the Outback, because every time I go to start a specific race, it freezes. I have to bounce back and forth from XBox to PC to progress, which is not what I'm going to do.

So it's getting shelved until they patch this thing up a bit on PC. Not having force feedback on PC wheels is insane, but it's not the only game lately to do that, so I'm getting used to it.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

TCrouch wrote:Ultimate Edition was a waste for PC. Wheel support still sketchy, and the game craches frequently. I'm currently stuck in the Outback, because every time I go to start a specific race, it freezes. I have to bounce back and forth from XBox to PC to progress, which is not what I'm going to do.

So it's getting shelved until they patch this thing up a bit on PC. Not having force feedback on PC wheels is insane, but it's not the only game lately to do that, so I'm getting used to it.
You can go back and forth between the versions? That's pretty sick if so. Sucks about the force feedback for sure.

So crappy that I can't do that because i bought the physical copy of the game. Dang.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I can definitely see myself getting lost in this game. The map is huge!

I remember reading an article about "look at the sky" in this game. I glossed over the article, but last night my son said how amazing the sky looks in this game. And he's right. So beautiful.

Just by having a few new variety of cars to drive makes this game feel refreshed.

Love the locale. I'll most likely never make it to Australia, so zipping through streets and off roads is just pure bliss. There's something about the Horizon series that just has that "chill" factor that I love.

Some of the jumps in this game are insane! The inclusion of stunts is really cool.

I never got in to Storm Island, and I understand that this compares somewhat, but I much prefer this locale.

I wandered off road...ok, I took a wide turn and landed in some kind of creek bed. I drove about mile to this waterfall. Hidden under this little cliff was a bonus board....I never would have found it unless I just let my curiosity take hold.

Is it me or do you rack up credits/money more quickly than in Horizon 2? I only played an hour and a half and already have close to 200,000 XP.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
TCrouch wrote:Ultimate Edition was a waste for PC. Wheel support still sketchy, and the game craches frequently. I'm currently stuck in the Outback, because every time I go to start a specific race, it freezes. I have to bounce back and forth from XBox to PC to progress, which is not what I'm going to do.

You can go back and forth between the versions? That's pretty sick if so. Sucks about the force feedback for sure.

So crappy that I can't do that because i bought the physical copy of the game. Dang.
Yep, the saves sync and transfer. You can even play with Xbox people on PC, from what I can tell. There's an option to search all platforms or not, and from what I remember, it was separate from leaderboards displaying all platforms.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:I can definitely see myself getting lost in this game. The map is huge!

I remember reading an article about "look at the sky" in this game. I glossed over the article, but last night my son said how amazing the sky looks in this game. And he's right. So beautiful.

Just by having a few new variety of cars to drive makes this game feel refreshed.

Love the locale. I'll most likely never make it to Australia, so zipping through streets and off roads is just pure bliss. There's something about the Horizon series that just has that "chill" factor that I love.

Some of the jumps in this game are insane! The inclusion of stunts is really cool.

I never got in to Storm Island, and I understand that this compares somewhat, but I much prefer this locale.

I wandered off road...ok, I took a wide turn and landed in some kind of creek bed. I drove about mile to this waterfall. Hidden under this little cliff was a bonus board....I never would have found it unless I just let my curiosity take hold.

Is it me or do you rack up credits/money more quickly than in Horizon 2? I only played an hour and a half and already have close to 200,000 XP.
When I made the comparison to Storm Island it wasn't for the local or the trucks or whatever, it was simply that they basically added the expansion right into FH2 and it felt like a significant addition. Like FH3 probably could have been. I wasn't comparing that actual content of SI. :)

And yes, you definitely rack up the XP quickly...especially if you are a VIP...where all rewards are doubled. That's about where the advantages of the VIP membership end tho. LOL.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

TCrouch wrote:Yep, the saves sync and transfer. You can even play with Xbox people on PC, from what I can tell. There's an option to search all platforms or not, and from what I remember, it was separate from leaderboards displaying all platforms.
Guess that'll make me think twice about saving a few bucks to get the retail version instead of the downloadable one. At least for games that are Play Anywhere.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Win a 1994 Nissan Silvia K’s (S14) car (in game) - hurry, challenge ends today.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_10_14_16
Forza Motorsport Week in Review 10-14-16 - Brian Ekberg

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to October S14th! If you’re not sure what that means, then you need to open up Forza Horizon 3 ASAP and check out the #Forzathon tab because today (Friday), you’ve got a chance to win a 1994 Nissan Silvia K’s (S14) car, one of the most requested cars from the Forza community. Keep in mind that this challenge is only available today, so if you’re reading this after Friday, you’re too late. Nonetheless for those of you who still have time, read on!

October S14th #Forzathon
The October S14th #Forzathon event has arrived, and with it, your chance to add one of the most requested cars in Forza history to your garage. While the S14 event is undoubtedly the most anticipated #Forzathon event this week, it’s not the only one. There are three events happening today, details of which you can see here:

While credit and XP bonuses are nice, let’s be real; everybody wants that S14. The “Initial Drift King” event challenges players to earn 35,000 points in a drift zone with a very specific (and very relevant) car. Let’s take a closer look at the challenge:

First up, the car. You’ll be driving the 1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex (aka the “Initial D” car). Born and bred for drifting, this is perhaps the most spot-on car/challenge combination imaginable. While the Trueno is drift-able from the outset, you’re best served by finding a drift-ready tune to help you out. At the Horizon Festival, check out the Garage tab and then click on the Tuning option, where you’ll be able to search for new tunes for whatever class you wish to run the event in.

For me, I waffled between an S1 tune from Skyssen and an A-Class tune by TUS Chunky before eventually landing on the latter setup, which suited my skill level better. You should use whatever you feel is right for your driving abilities and preferences.

Next up, that all important maxim: location, location, location. While you only have to score 35,000 points – not a lot, even for a mediocre drifter like me – you need to find a Drift Zone that leaves you plenty of room. After all, trying to nail 35K points in a Zone where 25K is worth three stars doesn’t leave you much room for error. Personally, I was looking for 3-star zones of 50K points and above as my guide for where to attempt the challenge. (My favorite of the bunch? The Byron Suburbs Drift Zone, which sets 80K points as its three-star target).

Once you’ve got your car, your tune, and the area you want to compete in, it’s just a matter of careful practice (and some decent throttle control). Watch out for oncoming traffic and don’t give up and soon enough you’ll have that new S14 waiting for you in your garage. And what a beauty she is, complete with an optional bodykit upgrade fitting Rocket Bunny and Liberty Walk parts and bringing the car all the way up to S1 class.

If you missed the S14th #Forzathon event, don’t worry, there will be more opportunities to earn the Nissan Silvia K’s in the future. And we’ve got more #Forzathon events coming up – next weekend, you’ll be able to win the Ford #17 Falcon FG and, at the end of the month, a chance to win the Halo Warthog. Don’t miss out!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

BB, that filthy animal, cranking out content to pimp Forza! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

The relatively low score goal was a pleasant surprise, it only took me a few tries to win the Silvia. The Turn 10 team does such a great job rewarding the community, so many free cars and credits.

I'm have a great time with this game, some of the most fun I've had in any Forza game came after I dropped a huge engine in the Jeep Renegade and created a 150+ MPH off-road monster. The ride height also makes for some interesting on-road cornering adventures.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Forza Racing Championship Season 2

Season 2 has the Elite series in Forza Motorsport 6 and a Recreational Series in Forza Horizon 3. The FH3 challenges sound kind of fun.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/ne ... 2_Announce
Recreation Series
The ForzaRC Season 2 Recreation Series is comprised of seven weeks of competitive play in Forza Horizon 3 beginning on October 28. Registered and eligible players can win prizes by setting a time in each week’s unique ForzaRC Recreation Rivals Event, which will be found in the “Monthly Rivals” channel in Forza Horizon 3. Prizes will be awarded to eligible players based on their performance in each week’s Recreation events. In addition, all players will have a chance to earn a special edition car in Forza Horizon 3 just for taking part each week, as well as another bonus car in Forza Horizon 3 for setting a time in all seven events.

Season 2 Recreation Series Weekly Schedule
Each week’s Rivals event will begin at 8 a.m. Pacific on the start day and shut down at 11:59 Pacific on the end day. Here’s a look at each week of Season 2 of the Recreation Series:

Week 1 (October 28 – 31)
Recreation Series Week 1 Rivals Event (1986 Audi #2 Audi Sport Quattro S1 on Mill Cross Country Circuit. Conditions: Morning, fog)

Week 2 (October 30 – November 6)
Recreation Series Week 2 Rivals Event (2013 Audi RS 4 Avant on East Bridge Scramble. Conditions: Evening, clear)

Week 3 (November 6 – 13)
Recreation Series Week 3 Rivals Event (2015 Audi TTS Coupé. Conditions: Afternoon, clear)

Week 4 (November 13 – 20)
Recreation Series Week 4 Rivals Event (2011 Audi RS 3 Sportback on East Suburbs Circuit. Conditions: Morning, clear)

Week 5 (November 20 – 27)
Recreation Series Week 5 Rivals Event (2011 Audi RS 5 Couple on Rainforest Circuit. Conditions: Evening, clear)

Week 6 (November 27 – December 4)
Recreation Series Week 6 Rivals Event (1983 Audi Sport quattro on Redstone Mine Scramble. Conditions: Night, light rain)

Week 7 (December 4 – 11)
Recreation Series Week 7 Rivals Event (2016 Audi R8 V10 Plus on East Suburbs Circuit. Conditions: Morning, light rain)

Recreation Series Prizes
Registered and eligible players in the ForzaRC Season 2 Recreation Series will have a chance to win cash prizes, depending on their performance on the weekly Recreation Series Rivals event leaderboard. Here’s a look at how the prizing breaks down.

For each weekly Recreation Rivals event, we’ll be gifting prizes to the top registered and eligible players on the leaderboard:

1st/2nd Place – Playseat Forza Motorsport Racing Chair
3rd/4th Place – Logitech G Wheel
5th/10th Place – Forza Horizon 3 Car Pass
11th/25th Place – Forza Racing Championship Swag Item

In addition, players who set a time on the leaderboard will be eligible to win a special car in Forza Horizon 3. Here’s the list of cars available per week:

Week 1 – 2017 Ford GT Horizon Edition
Week 2 – 2554 AMG Transport Dynamics M12S Warthog CST
Week 3 – 2016 Jaguar F-TYPE Project 7 Horizon Edition
Week 4 – 2015 Ford #17 Xbox Racing Ford Falcon FG X
Week 5 – 1994 Nissan Silvia K’s
Week 6 – 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition Horizon Edition
Week 7 – 2014 Bentley #7 M-Sport Bentley Continental GT3

Set a time in all seven weekly events – 1977 Aston Martin V8 Vantage w/custom Forza Racing Championship livery.

To be eligible to win physical prizes in the Recreation Series Cups, players must be registered. For more details on eligibility requirements and registration, see the official ForzaRCSeason 2 Recreation Series rules:
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/FR ... _Rec_Rules

Register at the ESL Website:
https://play.eslgaming.com/forza/xbox

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Now that's what I'm talking about. I had not played FH3 too much since the patch, so I don't know if it's the patch, time off from the game, or that this first little Rivals event is just the perfect combination of car and track, but this is the feel I used to have doing Rivals events in the original Forza Horizon. A little over the top, but also still sim real enough that you have to apply real race tactics, short enough to keep you coming back for one more try, and a great feel when you get it all right. This isn't Dirt rally cross, but it is pretty darn fun, plus you can win real world prizes. I hope each week is as fun a car/circuit combination as this one is. You've got until midnight Pacific time on Halloween to get your times posted. This lap below broke me into the top 500/top 10%. Have at it, should only take you less than 50 seconds. :)

Recreation Series Week 1 Rivals Event (October 28 – 31 11:59 Pacific)
Car: 1986 Audi #2 Audi Sport Quattro S1 (stock)
Course: Mill Cross Country Circuit.
Conditions: Morning, fog

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

The Rivals race he did during the 2nd half of this video is amazing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWymlWttAlc

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Turn 10 announced the second expansion for FH3. I think it looks really f'n cool
The second Forza Horizon 3 expansion – Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels – arrives on May 9 exclusively on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs (Xbox Play Anywhere), and is included in the Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass. This expansion lets players travel to a brand-new location in Australia, a place where lazy Sunday drives are replaced by insane high-speed stunts on miles of looping, banking, giant iconic orange Hot Wheels tracks. Starring famous Hot Wheels vehicles like the Twin Mill, the Rip Rod, and the Boneshaker, Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels promises an automotive adventure unlike anything in Forza history.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Dave wrote:Turn 10 announced the second expansion for FH3. I think it looks really f'n cool
The second Forza Horizon 3 expansion – Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels – arrives on May 9 exclusively on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs (Xbox Play Anywhere), and is included in the Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass. This expansion lets players travel to a brand-new location in Australia, a place where lazy Sunday drives are replaced by insane high-speed stunts on miles of looping, banking, giant iconic orange Hot Wheels tracks. Starring famous Hot Wheels vehicles like the Twin Mill, the Rip Rod, and the Boneshaker, Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels promises an automotive adventure unlike anything in Forza history.
Lol, I bought it today just on the hot wheels expansion alone. But it's a great game, friggin beautiful, and I love the Australia location. I never really got into FH2, but I'm digging this one.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

The Hot Wheels expansion is SO awesome. This is what games were meant to do-bring out the kid in you.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Downloading now...
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Teal wrote:The Hot Wheels expansion is SO awesome. This is what games were meant to do-bring out the kid in you.
I only had time to do the first race last night, but it gave me the same feeling. It can get pretty wild getting a speed boost in a big pack, looking forward to opening up the higher-level races to see how crazy more powerful cars will be.