NFL 2016/2017

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL 2016/2017

Post by RobVarak »

Diablo25 wrote:Not hating but that is 2 Super Bowls they should've never won. This one and Seattle. Gift wrapped.
At some point it needs to be something more than just luck, though. Whether it's coaching, Brady, experience or whatever, they consistently avoid the kind of terrible decisions that torpedoed SEA and ATL (and PHI, for that matter).
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RobVarak wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Not hating but that is 2 Super Bowls they should've never won. This one and Seattle. Gift wrapped.
At some point it needs to be something more than just luck, though. Whether it's coaching, Brady, experience or whatever, they consistently avoid the kind of terrible decisions that torpedoed SEA and ATL (and PHI, for that matter).
Its belichick. He has control of his team from top to bottom. He would not be allowing his offensive coordinator's ego interfere with said coach's job. Which is to win the f***in game....Its not to show us what a f***in genius he is and its not to be auditioning for the next head coaching job...

That clown last night clearly just did not give a f*** as to the game situation...Kyle Shanahan
you sir are a a f***in d*****bag..

Dislike him and I do dislike him, Brady is awesome and maybe best ever.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The greatest Super Bowl in history erases all memories of the worst NFL Playoffs in my memory to that point. Goodell wins again. F*cker.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

pk500 wrote:The greatest Super Bowl in history erases all memories of the worst NFL Playoffs in my memory to that point. Goodell wins again. F*cker.
Great game....too bad this has the Patriots written all over it in the record books etc. Can't stand them, but I have to respect their results......

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

You have to give the Pats props for their mental toughness. There are dozens of Super Bowls filled with very good teams that completely collapsed once they got behind. To do what they did last night was even more amazing than the Bills coming back against the Oilers in my opinion, because of the extra magnitude of the game.

At this point, I don't know how anyone could be considered greater than Brady. And likewise the Belibot 3000 is the greatest coach, at least in the Super Bowl era.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Great game, officiating was fine #34 for the Flacons could of been flagged for at least 3 more DH calls. Falcons defense was on the field like 85% of the game it seemed like. Can't expect to hold when you're out there that long.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

XXXIV wrote: Its belichick. He has control of his team from top to bottom. He would not be allowing his offensive coordinator's ego interfere with said coach's job. Which is to win the f***in game....Its not to show us what a f***in genius he is and its not to be auditioning for the next head coaching job...
I'm not sure I agree 100% with your police work, Lou.

How was he auditioning for a job he already has?

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RobVarak wrote:
XXXIV wrote: Its belichick. He has control of his team from top to bottom. He would not be allowing his offensive coordinator's ego interfere with said coach's job. Which is to win the f***in game....Its not to show us what a f***in genius he is and its not to be auditioning for the next head coaching job...
I'm not sure I agree 100% with your police work, Lou.

How was he auditioning for a job he already has?
I know he has a job .... I was speaking of modern offensive coordinators in general with that bit.

back to shanny and his awareness...

"You don't think just run the ball and make your guy kick a 50-yard field goal," Shanahan said. "

From the 22 where you had the ball at 2nd and 11 that is a 39 yd fg genius. Really dont need to drop back for an 11 yd sack to make it a 50 yd FG when you are running out the clock.

As for a great game? Games are 60 minutes long and for that first 52 that was another zzzzzzz unless you zebra hunt as I love to do.

The last 8 minutes were great if you were rooting for the Pats, a tragedy if you are a Falcons fan and maddening if you were rooting against the Pats.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Danimal wrote:Great game, officiating was fine #34 for the Flacons could of been flagged for at least 3 more DH calls. Falcons defense was on the field like 85% of the game it seemed like. Can't expect to hold when you're out there that long.
I agree on officiating. The calls mostly looked legit for me, no question on the PI at the end of the game and the OT TD also seemed like the right call. That one drive where there were 3 defensive holds on the Falcons, I thought the 1st and 3rd were pretty clear. The second one was a little ticky tack but not egregious.

Really, the play of the game was Ryan taking a sack in the fourth when the Falcons were in FG range. I think when you are indoors and inside a 50 yard FG with an 8-point lead, you have to play it safe and not chance a sack there. I think the FG success rate for 40-49 yards is above 80% ? I just wouldn't mess with a chance to ice the game in that situation, even though passing made sense.

I also loved that direct snap play for the Pats first 2-point conversion. That was well done.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Brando70 wrote: I agree on officiating. The calls mostly looked legit for me, no question on the PI at the end of the game and the OT TD also seemed like the right call. That one drive where there were 3 defensive holds on the Falcons, I thought the 1st and 3rd were pretty clear. The second one was a little ticky tack but not egregious.
I didn't see one questionable call the whole game. Of course I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat nor did i care who won so that helps.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

It became a 50 ydr after the sack. The holding call next play on yet another pass knocked them out of range.

Im always tough on refs but saying it was good? Such low standards we have.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

XXXIV wrote:It became a 50 ydr after the sack. The holding call next play on yet another pass knocked them out of range.

Im always tough on refs but saying it was good? Such low standards we have.
Exactly which calls were bad? I know you ranted on the 3 DH calls but they were all legit.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Holding calls.

I saw at least 5 obvious holds by NE offensive line that were not called.

Just for fun you can watch the tape of SB XXXVI and watch the Pats Defense hold on almost every single play.

I dont like the randomness of holding calls one f***in bit but I do like my foil hat.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:Holding calls.

I saw at least 5 obvious holds by NE offensive line that were not called.

Just for fun you can watch the tape of SB XXXVI and watch the Pats Defense hold on almost every single play.

I dont like the randomness of holding calls one f***in bit but I do like my foil hat.
The Falcons' DB's could have been flagged for PI on nearly every pass play in the first half. Like Dan, I thought that was an EXTREMELY well-officiated game. Not every football game bears the albatross of an officiating conspiracy. Sorry if that results in reduced sales of Reynolds Wrap.

The biggest call came when the field judge rushed into the Edelman play and correctly called it a catch.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
The Falcons' DB's could have been flagged for PI on nearly every pass play in the first half. Like Dan, I thought that was an EXTREMELY well-officiated game.
What? :)

If the Falcons could have been flagged all game how is that EXTREMELY well officiated? mmmhhhmmmmmm?

Stop being so defensive your Patriots won the SB...The refs did not cost the Falcons. They lost to very poor judgement and the greatness of brady.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

XXXIV wrote:
pk500 wrote:
The Falcons' DB's could have been flagged for PI on nearly every pass play in the first half. Like Dan, I thought that was an EXTREMELY well-officiated game.

If the Falcons could have been flagged all game how is that EXTREMELY well officiated? mmmhhhmmmmmm?

Stop being so defensive your Patriots won the SB...The refs did not cost the Falcons. They lost to very poor judgement and the greatness of brady.
Stop being so delusional. None of us our Pats fans we're simply not calling conspiracy every time the team we don't like doesn't win. Something you've been doing for years in this thread.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

:lol: :lol:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:
Brando70 wrote: I agree on officiating. The calls mostly looked legit for me, no question on the PI at the end of the game and the OT TD also seemed like the right call. That one drive where there were 3 defensive holds on the Falcons, I thought the 1st and 3rd were pretty clear. The second one was a little ticky tack but not egregious.
I didn't see one questionable call the whole game. Of course I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat nor did i care who won so that helps.
I'm with you. Nothing out of the ordinary IMO. One of the better games in terms of officiating. Even the call that DID get overturned it was by a fraction of an inch (where Edleman stepped out)...so that can pass.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

When they called the PI at the end to set up the winning TD, I told the folks I was watching with, "Really great game by the officials." I thought it was a really cleanly-called game.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

1st down on the 22 yard line and all you need is to run some clock, then kick a FG which locks in a Super Bowl win. I can't understand how any sane coach would call a pass play there.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Pete1210 wrote:1st down on the 22 yard line and all you need is to run some clock, then kick a FG which locks in a Super Bowl win. I can't understand how any sane coach would call a pass play there.

I dont think its a question of sanity. I think its ego and/or lack of awareness.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I still don't get how in the world Atlanta crapped the bed on this one.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:
pk500 wrote:

Dude:

I'm a Bills' fan. I HATE THE F*CKING PATRIOTS. They have bashed in the Bills' brains for kicks the last 15 years.

You inferred the refs made some bad calls, once again donning the tin-foil hat in some sort of second shooter on the grassy knoll conspiracy. I thought this was the most evenly officiated game I've seen in the playoffs this year.

Nice try, though.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
pk500 wrote:

Dude:

I'm a Bills' fan. I HATE THE F*CKING PATRIOTS. They have bashed in the Bills' brains for kicks the last 15 years.

You inferred the refs made some bad calls, once again donning the tin-foil hat in some sort of second shooter on the grassy knoll conspiracy. I thought this was the most evenly officiated game I've seen in the playoffs this year.

Nice try, though.
Nice try at what?

Your hatred for the patriots over flows.... 8)

I still want to know how you say it was an extremely well officiated game but at the same time say they missed about 30 defensive PI calls on the Falcons?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:I still want to know how you say it was an extremely well officiated game but at the same time say they missed about 30 defensive PI calls on the Falcons?
There also were holding and PI calls missed against the Pats. It was the same sh*t that happens in every NFL game. It's called human error. But the refs got all the big plays right except for the Edelman return that DB mentioned. And Edelman stepped out of bounds by about the width of a thick pubic hair.

But I also didn't think it was any kind of conspiracy or cheating that you post about in every NFL game you watch. I'm dealing with reality, not the Apollo moon landing taking place on a soundstage in Hollywood.