NFL 2016/2017

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NFL 2016/2017

Post by Lancer »

I get ready for the new season with watching Hard Knocks every year. Last year w/ Houston was really good, was very impressed with their head coach. Passionate guy who ultimately got his team into the playoffs despite playing 2nd string QBs all year.

This year the LA RAMS are on hard knocks. It's just one episode but what a crock of s*** this team is LOL. No offense Rams fans, but Jeff Fisher has to be the most vanilla coach in the NFL. His speeches are emotionless and I have to turn up the volume just to hear what he's saying. I get a feeling from him that's he's resigned to the fact that there are no expectations for the team first year in L.A. and he's just coasting.

He cut that WR Deon Long tonight for having a woman in the dorm room. Was Long any good? I thought the way it was done was pretty lame by Fisher. Also releasing Foles at the start of the episode over the phone just didnt go right the way he did it.

The Rams players seem to be more concerned about partying it up in L.A. than playing football.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL 2016/2017

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Lancer wrote:He cut that WR Deon Long tonight for having a woman in the dorm room. Was Long any good? I thought the way it was done was pretty lame by Fisher. Also releasing Foles at the start of the episode over the phone just didnt go right the way he did it.

The Rams players seem to be more concerned about partying it up in L.A. than playing football.
Deon Long was released a while ago, obviously since they had to film the episode and edit it, but he was a fringe NFL guy that has bounced around. No big loss.

As for Foles, as soon as Goff was drafted he asked for his release, so Fisher was just confirming with him that it was done. No biggie there either.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Lancer, you're just finding out what former St. Louis Rams fans knew all along. This is an inept organization run by the worst owner in all of sports. All the teams he owns are mediocre or awful. Their VP of Football Operations is a fraud and a liar. The coach, Jeff Fisher is being paid 7 mil a year. He's had 15 years out of 21 in which he's finished .500 or worse. He's never struck me as a very good motivator or head coach, so it doesn't surprise me that he comes off as a mumbling bum.

With that said, go Chiefs! :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I love Hard Knocks but that was pretty much the most boring episode of the series. There isn't even anyone to route for from a player stand point. Also maybe I'm crazy but did they ever bleep out swears in the past seasons? I seem to remember the F-bomb being dropped on last years series every 15 seconds. Maybe I'm just imagining that.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

sportdan30 wrote:Lancer, you're just finding out what former St. Louis Rams fans knew all along. This is an inept organization run by the worst owner in all of sports. All the teams he owns are mediocre or awful. Their VP of Football Operations is a fraud and a liar. The coach, Jeff Fisher is being paid 7 mil a year. He's had 15 years out of 21 in which he's finished .500 or worse. He's never struck me as a very good motivator or head coach, so it doesn't surprise me that he comes off as a mumbling bum.

With that said, go Chiefs! :)
Did you notice he said "I aint going 7-9 again?" Nor 8-8 or 9-7 or even 10-6.

Too much talent on the team he says.

People were saying the first couple of years in LA, the fans and media won't expect much after the big move.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Fisher would be elated to go 10-6, as would most NFL head coaches. He's an idiot for saying that. He should have shut up after saying 8-8.

As I recall, they did not bleep out the cuss words last year. Bill O'Brien of the Texans used them all! With that said, I very much enjoyed watching last year's Hard Knocks featuring the Texans. I wouldn't go so far as to say I rooted for them, but I definitely pulled for some of the fringe guys who fought hard to stay on the team. The Rams definitely have some talented players, but no one who stands out as a leader.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

They've piled up a lot of high picks over the years though, from the RG3 trade to getting Gurley last year later in the first round because he was coming off injury. Year before that, Donald may have been one of the steals of the draft.

If Goff can develop, Fisher has no excuses.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I just read only the original episode is uncensored and then the bleep the re-runs.
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

As an ex fan I laughed through all of it!

:lol: :D :wink:
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Worst episode of Hard Knocks I have ever seen...Most of it looked like a f***in infomercial to me.

Fisher does come off as the d*****bag he is.

Goff looks nervous. Hopefully just rookie s*** and not his persona.

Having said that... Go Rams! Superbowl! 8)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

What I learned is the Ram's QB doesn't know where the sun rises and sets.
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Go Cowboys!

Thought I would never say that. :)
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

This is enough to make XXXIV run off a bunch of F-bombs :lol:

"Rams reportedly working to extend coach Jeff Fisher and GM Les Snead"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rams- ... les-snead/

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Rodster wrote:This is enough to make XXXIV run off a bunch of F-bombs :lol:

Grab a big bucket of popcorn..... :lol:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:This is enough to make XXXIV run off a bunch of F-bombs :lol:

Jesus Christ. Unreal.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

OMFG!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats insane.

That is the king of all douchebags, kroenke, rewarding his lap dog fisher, for its massive failure aka getting the team moved to his upcoming stadium in LA.

f***in sickening.

Having said that...

GO RAMS!!!!!SUPERBOWL!!!!

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Who are the teams to beat in the afc? I have Seattle, green bay and Minnesota as the top nfc teams this year. Vikings vs packers nfc champ game would be on another level.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Fletch finally drank the Vikings Kool Aid?

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

wco81 wrote:Fletch finally drank the Vikings Kool Aid?
I don't have a vested interest in the team, but they have a top 5 defense and have made some improvements on offense. If they had a stud qb like Rodgers or Wilson, I'd call them super bowl favorites. Teddy will make or break this team, but if they can score points in bunches I see them going to the nfc champ game against green bay or Seattle.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

My sleeper of this NFL season....Da Raiders!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

My red flag for the Vikings is their OL but they got a couple of starters were they can give Brigewater more space. Diggs is looking good and if Treadwell can be more consistent they are a dangerous team.
Winning 10+ games wouldn't be shocking.

But in my view a team you just have to keep an eye on are the Ravens. Too many injuries last season including Flacco, Forsett, S. Smith affected them. With everyone back they also added some strength in D.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

XXXIV wrote:OMFG!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats insane.

That is the king of all douchebags, kroenke, rewarding his lap dog fisher, for its massive failure aka getting the team moved to his upcoming stadium in LA.

f***in sickening.

Having said that...

GO RAMS!!!!!SUPERBOWL!!!!
:wink:
http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t50.28 ... 6974_n.mp4
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:My sleeper of this NFL season....Da Raiders!
What...to win 6 games?

Carr is gonna regress this year (and then come back strong NEXT year so not writing him off). And the rest of the team is just poorly constructed to compete in the AFC. 6 wins...tops. Kind of like Miami. (reverse jinx)

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

You're nuts :lol: . Carr only had a shaky second half last season because Amari Cooper was limping around on one leg the entire second half of the season, and his starting center got hurt (the entire line went south at that point). It's easy to go "that team sucks, 6 wins at the most", because that's what everybody has gotten used to.

What about the team is "poorly constructed", out of curiosity? This is the deepest, most talented roster I've seen in Oakland in about 15 years, at least.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Yeah, my argument would be that Oakland is no longer a sleeper team. Folks started noticing hat the core in Oakland is pretty darn good. It's been awhile that Oakland had a solid head coach that is being given the time to build the team up right.

As a Chiefs fan, I don't want them to be good, but they might be the best team in the AFC West. It will be a war in that division, though. The Chiefs and Denver both bring elite defenses, and I think KC's offense will be better this season.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL