NFL 2016/2017

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL 2016/2017

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
XXXIV wrote:I still want to know how you say it was an extremely well officiated game but at the same time say they missed about 30 defensive PI calls on the Falcons?
There also were holding and PI calls missed against the Pats. It was the same sh*t that happens in every NFL game. It's called human error. But the refs got all the big plays right except for the Edelman return that DB mentioned. And Edelman stepped out of bounds by about the width of a thick pubic hair.

But I also didn't think it was any kind of conspiracy or cheating that you post about in every NFL game you watch. I'm dealing with reality, not the Apollo moon landing taking place on a soundstage in Hollywood.
Hollywood conspiracy what?

Back to what YOU said.

You say its an EXTREMELY( you capped it) well officiated game yet you say they missed a defensive PI call on the Falcons on every play in the first half.

Which is it brady boy?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I said they missed a bunch of PI calls. That happens in EVERY SINGLE NFL GAME, and it wasn't because of the conspiracy theory that you mentioned in your regularly scheduled NFL Sunday rage posts from last night.

The game was well officiated within the standard of a normal NFL game, which includes human error and not the conspiracy theories that lie at the bottom of your vodka bottle every Sunday from September through early February. The refs got all of the big calls right except for the Edelman return.

I can create some Sean Spicer-style flash cards if that makes my point easier for you to understand.
Last edited by pk500 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote: I can create some Sean Spicer-style flash cards if that makes my point easier for you to understand.
You are quite the gentleman for a Pats fan.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Wow.

Its not so bad to admit you love brady .

Really I wont think any worse of you.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

It looked odd that there were 3 defensive holding penalties on third down of that one drive which ended up with the pick 6.

As if they wanted the game to be closer going into the half.

I can believe Quinn taught the Falcons DBs to hold, like the Seahawks, who led the league in defensive holding penalties when Quinn was the D.C. there.

But Pats DBs are also pretty aggressive with their hand battling too.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Didnt want to forget...

Who is this guy? Hes a member of this years HOF class.

Gratz Kurt Warner!!!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

wco81 wrote:It looked odd that there were 3 defensive holding penalties on third down of that one drive which ended up with the pick 6.

As if they wanted the game to be closer going into the half.

I can believe Quinn taught the Falcons DBs to hold, like the Seahawks, who led the league in defensive holding penalties when Quinn was the D.C. there.

But Pats DBs are also pretty aggressive with their hand battling too.
Which was expected:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... t-dbs-play

That's why I didn't have a huge problem with the amount of holding by the DB's. Permissive officiating was expected, and the game was called consistently called on both sides.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

That was some of the sorriest play calling to close out a game I have ever seen. All they needed was a fg, and the game was 99.9% over. You have 2 of the best rb in the entire league. Those toss plays were working all night long. Patriots have to be the favorites next year, too. That Malcolm Mitchell looks like he is going to be a top 5 wr in this league within a few years. Embarrassment of riches. Title town.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

fletcher21 wrote:That was some of the sorriest play calling to close out a game I have ever seen. All they needed was a fg, and the game was 99.9% over. You have 2 of the best rb in the entire league. Those toss plays were working all night long.
I know it upsets the brady girls but it will go down as the biggest choke job in nfl history.

Kinda embarrassing really.
Last edited by XXXIV on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Ignoring a blatant face mask while getting the holding call correct...

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/2/5/145183 ... d-patriots

and some more "awesome" officiating...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/sever ... r-bowl-li/

Here we tie the game...

and in OT we see that chop blocks are now legal! :P

Refs finished strong!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Aww does 34 need a hug.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

There's no reason to expect the refs or umpires to make fewer mistakes than world class athletes, and the athletes make mistakes constantly.

Hell in the NFL there are usually multiple mistakes by players on every play.

Now sometimes it's harmless, like when an OL misses a block but the QB still gets the ball off, or a DB blows a coverage but it goes unnoticed by the offense etc. Sometimes it's obvious, like a RB missing a blitz-pickup that gets his QB flattened. It's the same with officials.

You can take the all-22 of any game at any time and make pretty red circles around all of the mistakes by players and refs alike. Expecting perfection from refs is every bit as silly as expecting perfection from any other human being.

Like players refs should be (and are) evaluated constantly to minimize mistakes and improve their performance. I'm not saying we should just throw up our hands and say, "Who cares?". But claiming that there's a conspiracy because refs make mistakes is like assuming that players are throwing games on purpose because they miss blocks, drop passes etc. It's counterproductive and kind of silly.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Im speaking to the FALSE claim that they did not an "awesome" job.

CLEARLY. They did not. They f***ed up plays all day both ways. They were horrible.

Edelmann was cleary hit out of bounds and NE should not have gotten a penalty on the Falcons xp attempt.

Pretty red circles. That same asshole ref that completely ignored the offensive PI that was in his face had no trouble picking out the Falcons for offside on that same play...Failure is failure.

Yes, Dan I could use a hug but I need you to PM me your pic first.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Is it incompetence or a conspiracy, XXXIV? Make up your mind. You made at least eight alcohol-soaked posts during the game inferring it was a conspiracy by Goodell and the NFL.

I'll parry your expected counter right now: There were mistakes by the refs for both sides. But all were within the realm of human error. Like Rob and Dan, I think this crew did its job well and were of Super Bowl caliber.

Yes, I think the NFL should hire full-time refs and provide more training. But they don't. So these guys weren't bad.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:Is it incompetence or a conspiracy, XXXIV? Make up your mind. You made at least eight alcohol-soaked posts during the game inferring it was a conspiracy by Goodell and the NFL.

If you take everything I post on a sunday NFL night seriously, well thats not my problem. This is my place to vent...

NFL Network aired the game again monday night. Parrot anyone one you want, I have eyes. The refs were not good and worse at the end.

If there was a conspiracy it would have been Goodell vs Patriots.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

XXXIV wrote: Yes, Dan I could use a hug but I need you to PM me your pic first.
My profile pic or my NSFW pic? :D

I'm just concerned about you buddy, I mean to be mad still 3 days later and your team wasn't even in the game. Have a drink, relax and watch some hockey.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Danimal wrote:
XXXIV wrote: Yes, Dan I could use a hug but I need you to PM me your pic first.
My profile pic or my NSFW pic? :D

I'm just concerned about you buddy, I mean to be mad still 3 days later and your team wasn't even in the game. Have a drink, relax and watch some hockey.
Any pic will do.

Dont worry, Im not mad at all.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:If you take everything I post on a sunday NFL night seriously, well thats not my problem. This is my place to vent...
Very good point, well taken! :) :) :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Interesting draft day. CLE do their thing but how about Da Bears? Was that a desperate Hail Mary move to get Trubisky or what? Don't know much about the QB, but something tells me that SFO is laughing all the way to the bank with those extra picks.

What does Bear nation think here?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Well, if Dan's message to me is any indication, they're not happy!

Something along the lines of "your team drafts a rapist and still had a better draft than the Bears"

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Rumors were that Cleveland wanted both Garrett and Trubitsky, was going to move up from #12 to trade with the Titans at #5.

Supposedly their owner was even pushing for Trubitsky at #1. This is the same owner who forced the GM to pick Johnny Manziel in the first round. Also the same guy who texted his GM to have the coach run certain plays during a game.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

TCrouch wrote:Well, if Dan's message to me is any indication, they're not happy!

Something along the lines of "your team drafts a rapist and still had a better draft than the Bears"
Interesting.

By the way, I wish you guys all the best with M. Lynch. Even at 31 and not playing last season, I still think he's got something left in the tank. If he stays healthy, he'll do more than his share of beast mode moments especially behind that OL which I think is the best out there.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

10spro wrote:
TCrouch wrote:Well, if Dan's message to me is any indication, they're not happy!

Interesting.

By the way, I wish you guys all the best with M. Lynch. Even at 31 and not playing last season, I still think he's got something left in the tank. If he stays healthy, he'll do more than his share of beast mode moments especially behind that OL which I think is the best out there.
You could see he lost the desire to play in that final season. Playing for his neighborhood, I think whatever he's got left, he'll leave it all on the field. No idea what to expect, but I agree--between the tackles, he's going to still be a force. Washington and Richard will be the change of pace backs, but when it comes time to close out a game, nobody will want to see Marshawn coming downhill at them. The Raiders lacked that last season, so even if it's for one season, it's still a good scenario. Not sure I'd want him rather than someone like D'onta Foreman, but I was excited about Marshawn more for the attitude and swagger he'll bring to the locker room, and the RB room in particular. All 3 of the guys in that room are soft-spoken quiet guys, currently.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

10spro wrote:What does Bear nation think here?
Oh, this make it even more fun:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -trubisky/
PFT wrote:If you thought you were surprised by the Bears trading up to take Mitch Trubisky, imagine how coach John Fox felt.

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Bears General Manager Ryan Pace kept the plan to move up to select the North Carolina quarterback to himself until hours before the draft.