NFL 2016/2017

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL 2016/2017

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:Rams had to be the story of the season. One hell of a turn around. XXXIV, you are welcome to help out as an Eagles fan for the next month. No harm!
Why the f*** not?

Go Eagles!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

wco81 wrote:Bills have two first round picks but they're both in the early 20s.

They may be able to trade up to draft a QB, unless they think Peterman can be developed into a starter. Looked like he didn't have much of an arm on that shallow sideline hook.

Jags may be able to just get away with a game manager if that defense continues to play well.

Several teams which could stand to improve their QB situation.
The hot talk tonight among the Bills Mafia would be to draft a QB with one of those picks -- could Mayfield fall that far? -- and then sign a veteran free agent to a one- or two-year deal while grooming that young QB. Possible names to fill that role: Alex Smith (who is doing the same thing in KC for Mahomes), Case Keenum or Sam Bradford.

That seems to be the logical route. I can't see the Bills handing the keys to Peterman. I also can't see Taylor under center next fall for the Bills.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Honestly 4 of the worst playoff games I've ever watched from not only the play on the field but the coaching. I lost track of how many WTF is this guy thinking moments.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Isn't Mayfield similar to Taylor, can make plays outside the pocket?

But doesn't have the height or the arm to be high level pocket passer?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

wco81 wrote:Isn't Mayfield similar to Taylor, can make plays outside the pocket?

But doesn't have the height or the arm to be high level pocket passer?
Yes. Mayfield makes as many plays with his legs as with his arm. And a lot of that option-based stuff doesn't work in the NFL.

Plus Mayfield operates from the shotgun on just about every down. Another play trait that doesn't work in the NFL.

So the big question about Mayfield remains, "Is he the next Drew Brees or the next Johnny Football?"

Darnold and Rosen are clearly better NFL QB prospects. But they're not going to be available at No. 20, and I don't think the Bills should trade away a ton of assets to move up to the top four in the draft.

Cleveland has two picks in the top four, but I think Darnold and Rosen will be gone in the first three picks. The Giants also need a QB, so they will require a king's ransom to trade down. San Francisco could be a good trade target, as the Niners have the No. 9 or No. 10 pick yet are set at QB with Garoppolo. But will the QB available at No. 9 or 10 be that much better than a QB who falls to No. 20?

All tough questions and decisions. Yet another reason why I'm not an NFL GM. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

OMG Bears... WTF ...I can't anymore.
Follow Me on:

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

There's also Lamar Jackson.

Could be next year's Deshaun Watson.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

wco81 wrote:There's also Lamar Jackson.

Could be next year's Deshaun Watson.
Watson was a better passer in college. He's also bigger and stronger and can take NFL hits better.

NFL talent evaluators still want QBs to think throw first, run second. Jackson does the opposite.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I think any evaluations of Watson at this point needs to consider he had in my opinion the leagues best receiver in Hopkins helping him out. I know a lot of people just see the stats but I watched the games and a large number of his TD's was heave the ball up and let D-Hop go get it.

Last year Dak was the next superstar. This yea his Left Tackle was dinged up, he lost his running attack and Dez is fading and he looked pedestrian at best. There are very few game changing QB's in the league that can put their team on their backs and none of these young guys has proved that at this point. Even the established QB's like Rodger and Brees are only as good as the talent around them.

Having said that, Tyrod sucks. The Bills are a dangerous team with a good QB. Same for the Jags, imagine even Alex Smith on the Jags how much more dangerous they would be.

If I'm an NFL GM I'm drafting a QB every year or at least every other even if it is a low round pick because it is such a crap shoot.
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:If I'm an NFL GM I'm drafting a QB every year or at least every other even if it is a low round pick because it is such a crap shoot.
Which is why the Browns need to find a way to draft both Darnold and Rosen if they can maneuver there way to do it. When you've drafted the QB position so poorly over the years, you can't be trusted to pick the best of the two. So get both.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:If I'm an NFL GM I'm drafting a QB every year or at least every other even if it is a low round pick because it is such a crap shoot.
Which is why the Browns need to find a way to draft both Darnold and Rosen if they can maneuver there way to do it. When you've drafted the QB position so poorly over the years, you can't be trusted to pick the best of the two. So get both.
That never will work. Either Darnold or Rosen -- whichever one the Browns don't favor as much -- will make it very clear they won't sign with the Browns if chosen behind the other QB.

Both guys will want to be a starter as a rookie or to learn under an established veteran star, not participate in a Browns' QB Gong Show. They'll pull the same move as Elway and Eli Manning, telling the Browns to get f*cked by refusing to sign.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
That never will work. Either Darnold or Rosen -- whichever one the Browns don't favor as much -- will make it very clear they won't sign with the Browns if chosen behind the other QB.

Both guys will want to be a starter as a rookie or to learn under an established veteran star, not participate in a Browns' QB Gong Show. They'll pull the same move as Elway and Eli Manning, telling the Browns to get f*cked by refusing to sign.
Of course it won't work. It's the Browns! It was mostly tongue in cheek, but I wouldn't put it past them.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Hah! Good point.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

My point is essentially you need to find your future QB when you don't need him. Draft one every year put him in your system and see if it works out in practice, OTa's and camp. As a Bears fan I know this well, you never want to be looking for your next QB when you don't have a QB.

I'm still shocked the Pats let Jimmy G go. I don't care what they say, that report has to have a level of truth to it. One thing is guaranteed in sport, eventually you're going to face father time and that mother f***er is undefeated. Sooner or later Brady is going to fade and the Pats are now f***ed.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I doubt anyone outside of Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island will shed one tear about a rapid decline for the Pats.

I look forward to it. The panic from the Massholes will be priceless. :)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

you Patriots ass kissers should be embarrassed again tonight....SO ITS CLEAR IM NOT TALKING ABOUT ACTUAL PATRIOTS FANS. you know who you maggots are.

you bandwagon c*** are who I am looking at.

Grotesque once again the officiating. Why do the refs make "mistakes" in every Pats game? Why are they always "mistakes" for the Pats?

Wtf is wrong with you assholes? you c*** are the reason this garbage continues.

This game will be a blow out most likely and it doesnt matter in that way but it does matter. There is something that does matter.

It does matter in that you "men" are c***.

c***.

EDIT:

Titans.

WTF was that play call?

beyond horrible

LMFAO

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Really, XXXIV? I hate New England with infernal passion, but that was a fundamental ass kicking that would have taken place even if the officials were perfect. The Titans were beyond lucky to win last week -- Mariota catching a TD pass from himself, anyone? -- and had no business being on the same field as the Pats last night.

On another note, Blake Bortles is the Nickelback of the NFL. He sucks so bad yet continues winning.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Officials making sure the Steelers are in this game. Good to see flopping has now made its way to the NFL.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:Really, XXXIV? I hate New England with infernal passion,
Yeah really. That game was always going to be a blow out. Its every week with the ass kissing now...

That was mostly for entertainment.... So I could laugh with my hockey buddies. :wink:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Jags WOW!

Relentless.

Steelers answer again?

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

Boy Steelers defense has been an absolute horror show but there have been some real WTF play calls by them on the two failed 4th down attempts and the decision to go for the onside kick. Absolutely bizarre.

Doug
"Every major sport has come under the influence of organized crime. FIFA actually is organized crime" - Charles Pierce

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Yeah should have kicked it off.

Tomlin is a bit erratic

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

That was disappointing. Geez weez, not another Cup for the Pats.

I had high hopes in your team Vader, tough loss.

I know it’s early Diablo, but I told about those Vikings.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Danimal wrote:Officials making sure the Steelers are in this game. Good to see flopping has now made its way to the NFL.
Im not one to blame refs but none more evident than in the Saints game , some horrible calls so far. 34 yrd PI call on a total flop.