NFL 2016/2017

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL 2016/2017

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:So I decided not to renew my Sunday Ticket for the first time in 15 years with DTV but I started getting the itch today and just assumed they would offer Red Zone channel by itself but no such luck.

Is there any other way to get Redzone or am I screwed because I'm a DTV subscriber?
You be screwed. Red zone is standalone on most carriers (their own version) but if you've got DIRECTV it's all or nothing. In fact Red Zone is an extra cost on top of Sunday Ticket which really pisses me off. It's like the Max package or some crap.
Yes, I discovered this yesterday. I was hoping I could get it via streaming or something of that nature but as you say I am in fact screwed and DTV seems to do jack squat for their long time customers.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

We were a long time DTV customer and switched to Dish as these companies only care about NEW customers. So now we have more channels, can tape more programs at once, have more wireless receivers and still pay $15 less a month.

They have Red Zone for $13 a month.. so I might grab it.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:So I decided not to renew my Sunday Ticket for the first time in 15 years with DTV but I started getting the itch today and just assumed they would offer Red Zone channel by itself but no such luck.

Is there any other way to get Redzone or am I screwed because I'm a DTV subscriber?
You be screwed. Red zone is standalone on most carriers (their own version) but if you've got DIRECTV it's all or nothing. In fact Red Zone is an extra cost on top of Sunday Ticket which really pisses me off. It's like the Max package or some crap.
Yes, I discovered this yesterday. I was hoping I could get it via streaming or something of that nature but as you say I am in fact screwed and DTV seems to do jack squat for their long time customers.
One thing I did to skirt the system is that I canceled DirecTV in the offseason, gave FIOS a try, hated it and then re-signed up with DirecTV to get all the perks, and free Sunday Ticket/Red Zone. Only catch is you have to sign up w/ a new SS#. So I had my wife sign up for the account. We lost some of the perks of being 15 year customers (whatever those are) but saved 400+ over the first year w/ the package and some billing discounts. Kind of dishonest, but these companies are nickel and diming everyone and holding their ass over the barrel if they want NFL games, so F em.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yep, were seriously considering cutting the cord at this point. I was a Dish customer before DTV probably 17 years ago and I hated Dish worse than DTV so never going back there. I don't have a good cable option where I live as Comcast is not in my area, some crappy company called media one.

I asked DTV for their best offer and they basically gave me the standard $69.99 for 4 months and that doesn't even cover Red Zone.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I have a friend who called DTV last year and pled his case for free NFL ticket. He played the "I've been a loyal customer for years and all you do is give new subscribers the NFL ticket for free." They gave it to him. Worth a try. Worst that could happen is they say no.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

And ask for Retention, as they are the ones who can usually give out the deals.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I tried that card and it didn't work. I also asked for customer retention and they told me they no longer have that department. My friend said you have to ask to cancel and they send you there. Just not the same company since AT&T, considering how they are losing customers you would think they would want to keep them but they seem to give 2 shits about keeping long time customers happy.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Its one game against a team without their best player but my God its so good to be rid of the stench that was that c*** jeff fisher.

Go Rams!!!!!!

Bears unlucky. Should have had the TD to beat Falcons.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It's been a defensive battle between the Packers and Hawks but in the end the home team did more offensively to win the game along with a couple of very stupid SEA penalties that sealed the game.

E. Lacy was a non factor returning to GB as the Packers shut down the Seahawks' ground game.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rams sole possession of first place in the NFC west. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Gonna be a LONG football season here in H town...... :roll:

Like Deshaun Watson, but giving up 10 sacks and 4 TO's, one returned for a TD.....

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Bears game was a heartbreaker. The defense played well against a tough Atlanta offense, but the long TD to Austin Hooper was such a horrible lapse in the secondary, I thought they re-signed Chris Conte.

Tarik Cohen was awesome, and I hope he continues to be a bright spot on an otherwise stale offense. He will be great in tandem with Jordan Howard, especially if Kyle Long comes back at guard next week.

I thought Glennon did a decent job once they took the training wheels off in the fourth quarter but he is clearly not going to be around longer than this season. He is so slow in his reads, release, and movement. But clearly the black hole of this offense is receiver and tight end. They need to fast track the development of Adam Shaheen at TE so they have a big red-zone target for those few times they reach the red zone.

Overall, my reaction is, "Hey, they might not suck," which is a huge improvement over what I was thinking before kickoff.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:Rams sole possession of first place in the NFC west. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Same with the Bills in the AFC East. Ephemeral, but I'll take it for one week! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Kevin White pick might be lost though.

By the time he comes back, he'll be due for an extension?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

wco81 wrote:Kevin White pick might be lost though.

By the time he comes back, he'll be due for an extension?
Who gives a s*** he was a wasted draft pick. Guys is made of glass.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Debating whether or not I wanted the Raiders to take Amari Cooper or Kevin White seems funny/sad, now. Amari's not an All-Pro or anything, and he's had his own injury issues in his first two seasons, but he's at least seeing the field.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Fox is also going to guarantee Jordan Howard seeks a new team when his contract is up. You take your featured back and give him 13 carries? I understand Cohen is the new hot ticket fan favorite but Howard is a guy you need to feed the ball not give him limited carries. Elliot had 24 carries for craps sake.

I can't wait to Fox gets fired at the end of the season and Pace can bring in a guy he wants, not someone who was forced on him because the last crew hired some joker from Canada. Fox has no idea how to run a modern day offensive scheme and I won't even start on Glennon because if that is whats passable as a good game from a starting NFL QB then Bears fans expectations have been lowered beyond words. That guy is slow at everything. Reads, foot work, delivery you name it. He was 26 for 40 and 17 of those were to Tight Ends and RB's. That s*** works in week one but now everyone knows the Bears can't throw to a WR and will shut that down.

0-4 here we come.
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Heck of a LAC - DEN game.. I should be in bed. :)

Here was the score of this game in my Madden franchise (CPU vs CPU):

LAC 24 (0-0-1) - 24 DEN (0-0-1)
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Now these are my lambs in the first half...Pathetic weak and stupid.

Bears disgraceful.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

The Cutler era starts off with a bang in LA. He was efficient, made good decisions and didn't hold on to the ball too long. Helps to have the beast in the backfield but I was impressed after being off for three weeks because of the hurricane. I'll take it.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Goff is not an never will be an NFL qb but I am proud of the effort the boys put in to come back from 13-0 to get to 20-20.

Gratz Zeppo!.....

Go Rams!
dbdynsty25 wrote: I'll take it.
You always have...you are a d***** and a half.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Oh it was painful watching SEA-SFO.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

XXXIV wrote:Bears disgraceful.
Yep, let me list the ways

1. Fox saying it wasn't Glennon's fault, everyone had a hand in it. Yeah he is right but one guy committed 3 turn overs.

2. Cohen had more snaps than Howard. The Bears have fallen in love with a midget who was a training camp wonder and the league figured out in one week basically giving Howard 7 zone read runs. No tosses, no passes his way. Befuddled is a word that comes to mind from a game planning perspective.

3. You kept most of a WR core from last year who couldn't catch. This is the s*** you're putting on the field.

4. You have a coach who needs to be let go, not from the Bears but the NFL in general. His ways are outdated.

Today the Jets looked better than the Bears, the f***in Jets.
Follow Me on:

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Danimal wrote:
2. Cohen had more snaps than Howard. The Bears have fallen in love with a midget who was a training camp wonder and the league figured out in one week basically giving Howard 7 zone read runs. No tosses, no passes his way. Befuddled is a word that comes to mind from a game planning perspective.
I'm pretty sure Howard is hurt and that is why Cohen got more snaps. I agree on everything else but something has not been right with Howard for weeks now and I am hearing he was in a sling after the game. His shoulder is messed up.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

ScoopBrady wrote:
Danimal wrote:
I'm pretty sure Howard is hurt and that is why Cohen got more snaps. I agree on everything else but something has not been right with Howard for weeks now and I am hearing he was in a sling after the game. His shoulder is messed up.
Go look at the stats from the 1st game, I believe Cohen still has more snaps then Howard in that game. I thought he got hurt last week, if he has been hurt for week it is new to me.

I stand corrected, games 1 Howard 38 snaps. Cohen 31. Seems more running back by committee than spelling someone though.
Follow Me on: