NFL 2016/2017

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL 2016/2017

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Whew...reportedly no structural damage to RT's knee. Fingers crossed the reports are true.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

And now the reports say it might be season ending? What a cluster.

"Well, sure wish we would have done that offseason knee surgery now. While it's not an ACL tear, maybe we need to re-examine whether we should do that surgery at this point"?

What the heck is going on over in Miami?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

TCrouch wrote:And now the reports say it might be season ending? What a cluster.

"Well, sure wish we would have done that offseason knee surgery now. While it's not an ACL tear, maybe we need to re-examine whether we should do that surgery at this point"?

What the heck is going on over in Miami?
Same thing that's prevented them from winning anything since Marino left. Steven Ross and his quest for making a splash in South Beach. Sad.

He should have gotten that ACL fixed when it happened in December or at the latest in January when they were eliminated from the playoffs...then maybe he misses a month or two of the season at the most rehabbing.

The sad part for RT is that he needed to make a jump this season for that contract he signed to be fully realized but now they can pretty much release him at the end of the season with no real cap implications. I suppose if he misses the season they'll figure out a way to restructure to bring him back next year, but it's really risky for RT at this point. Bad bad timing.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

And the Cutler era in Miami starts now.

Ugh. Prob my second least favorite hyped QB in the last ten years...right behind Phil Rivers. Yay?

Gase is gonna have to earn that paycheck now for sure.

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

So do you think Cutler is the automatic starter? I thought Moore played well last year and did well about 4-5 years ago when he got a lot of starts.
Wouldn't mind seeing him get the chance.

Rick

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

icvu42 wrote:So do you think Cutler is the automatic starter? I thought Moore played well last year and did well about 4-5 years ago when he got a lot of starts.
Wouldn't mind seeing him get the chance.

Rick
Moore is not a starter in the NFL. He just doesn't have the tools to adjust and make some of the throws necessary. He skated by a bit last year and was exposed as soon as they made it to the playoffs and the opposing team (Steelers) gameplanned for him. They knew what to expect, they knew his limitations and they took advantage. He probably is the best backup in the NFL...but that's just it, he's a backup. He'll get you through a couple weeks if your starter goes down, but he's not a full timer. So yes, Cutler will be starting IMO.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

And this is what I was talking about earlier in terms of it being really bad timing for Tannehill and possibly a huge score for Cutler:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/08/06/jay-c ... -gase-2018

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Cutler in 15 had similar number to Tannehill last year. Gase seems to be the only one who can keep Jay from being Jay so maybe the Dolphins will catch some lightning in a bottle.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:Cutler in 15 had similar number to Tannehill last year. Gase seems to be the only one who can keep Jay from being Jay so maybe the Dolphins will catch some lightning in a bottle.
Similar, but Tannehill missed 4 games. But then again Cutler didn't have the weapons Miami is gonna have this year. But he probably had a better O-Line. So it probably all balances out.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:Cutler in 15 had similar number to Tannehill last year. Gase seems to be the only one who can keep Jay from being Jay so maybe the Dolphins will catch some lightning in a bottle.
Similar, but Tannehill missed 4 games. But then again Cutler didn't have the weapons Miami is gonna have this year. But he probably had a better O-Line. So it probably all balances out.
Cutler never had an O-line that could support him. One of the major factors in his poor Bear career.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Spooky wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Cutler never had an O-line that could support him. One of the major factors in his poor Bear career.
If it was anything other that absolutely terrible, he had a better line than RT's had. LOL.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Spooky wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
If it was anything other that absolutely terrible, he had a better line than RT's had. LOL.
Fair enough. Maybe equal then. ;)
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Derek Carr reads this thread and silently (or maybe not so silently, really) thanks God for his O-Line.

Not sure how I could turn around and make this about the Raiders, but for a decade+, I felt that pain. Oakland/Vegas could turn around and suck next year, and at least I had one year that felt good. I seriously don't know how they can go back to ineptitude, assuming the Penn situation gets sorted out, the way they've built that team. Reggie went from looking like a buffoon to looking like the smartest guy in the room...right up until Carr went down.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:And the Cutler era in Miami starts now.

Ugh. Prob my second least favorite hyped QB in the last ten years...right behind Phil Rivers. Yay?

Keep the Pepto handy, DB :D

It would be the most Bears thing ever if that sulking sourpuss signs a one-year contract with Miami and has a great year.

Meanwhile, the Bears are like a collection of leftover ingredients from a hot dog plant. Have a feeling I will be very productive on Sundays this year.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Brando70 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:And the Cutler era in Miami starts now.

Keep the Pepto handy, DB :D

It would be the most Bears thing ever if that sulking sourpuss signs a one-year contract with Miami and has a great year.

Meanwhile, the Bears are like a collection of leftover ingredients from a hot dog plant. Have a feeling I will be very productive on Sundays this year.
I've been watching Tannehill for 3 years. I have a meeting with Pepto before every game already. So no change in my Sunday mornings.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

It's killing me not to call every Bears fan who said I was nuts to be happy about the QB pick and tell them I told you so but they would still find a way to kill this night. Yeah it's one start against 2nd and 3rd string players but he was the best QB on the field tonight for either team. Anyone who has met Mitch will know right away this guys is focused and a quick study. I hope the Bear realize this and that this season is a wash anyway and let him play.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Zeke just got suspended by the league for 6 games. Things just a little tougher for Prescott.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rams trade for Sammy Watkins.

Super Bowl vs Cutler's Dolphins is assured.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Birds trade Jordan Matthews to Buffalo for DB Rodney Darby. Matthews is a solid WR and a great character guy so I'll miss him. I understand the trade because Matthews rookie deal is up after this year and he's going to command some decent $$$. Any Buffalo people have some input on Darby?
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I keep seeing reaction to the Watkins' deal that indicates Tyrod Taylor will be unhappy about losing his top receiver. Who the hell cares about how Taylor feels about these trades? The guy is not a franchise QB and never will be.

The Bills are starting The Process. This is an NBA-style tank, and I have zero problem with it as a lifelong Bills' fan. The Bills still didn't have enough talent this season to make the playoffs, so why not blow it up instead of relying on mediocre players like Taylor and injury-prone, overrated players like Watkins to elevate the Bills to another 7-9 whirlpool of mediocrity and crushed dreams? Burn it to the ground and start over.

Buffalo now owns two selections in the first, second and third rounds of the 2018 draft. Trust The Process. Steady development of Peterman or possibly trading up to get a shot at Darnold would help.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Funny part about Watkins going to the Rams is that they have the same type of receiver already in Austin. The ironic part is neither guy can seem to stay healthy so I guess that's why you've gotta double up on guys like that. Just hope you can get 16 games combined out of them I guess.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Injury prone? yes. Im hoping for the best.

Same type receivers? NO. That is like saying that Tory Holt and Az Hakim were the same type.
Quality now that is a different story as Holt was far better than anything Watkins has showed us yet and Austin is better than Hakim was.

If Watkins stays healthy and Goff magically becomes an NFL 2nd string quality qb, it has a chance of working out. Sammy was the player Rams should have drafted that year.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

pk500 wrote:I keep seeing reaction to the Watkins' deal that indicates Tyrod Taylor will be unhappy about losing his top receiver. Who the hell cares about how Taylor feels about these trades? The guy is not a franchise QB and never will be.

The Bills are starting The Process. This is an NBA-style tank, and I have zero problem with it as a lifelong Bills' fan. The Bills still didn't have enough talent this season to make the playoffs, so why not blow it up instead of relying on mediocre players like Taylor and injury-prone, overrated players like Watkins to elevate the Bills to another 7-9 whirlpool of mediocrity and crushed dreams? Burn it to the ground and start over.

Buffalo now owns two selections in the first, second and third rounds of the 2018 draft. Trust The Process. Steady development of Peterman or possibly trading up to get a shot at Darnold would help.
Taylor supposedly gave a discount to stay with the Bills. Also they can save a lot off his cap number by cutting him by March 1.

I guess they're going to try to clear the deck, though a couple of seasons ago, they had a very good defense and then gave a big contract to Dareus.

Jets are tanking even harder. Looks like they want a shot at one of those QBs.

Patriots always have it easy in the division but now two teams aren't even going to try this season?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So I decided not to renew my Sunday Ticket for the first time in 15 years with DTV but I started getting the itch today and just assumed they would offer Red Zone channel by itself but no such luck.

Is there any other way to get Redzone or am I screwed because I'm a DTV subscriber?
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:So I decided not to renew my Sunday Ticket for the first time in 15 years with DTV but I started getting the itch today and just assumed they would offer Red Zone channel by itself but no such luck.

Is there any other way to get Redzone or am I screwed because I'm a DTV subscriber?
You be screwed. Red zone is standalone on most carriers (their own version) but if you've got DIRECTV it's all or nothing. In fact Red Zone is an extra cost on top of Sunday Ticket which really pisses me off. It's like the Max package or some crap.