PES 2017

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PES 2017

Post by Rodster »

That's odd cause it crashed twice on me with live updates. Maybe I tjunged it. :lol:

I'll try it again. Damn this game is so good. I don't feel like i'm fighting my own AI as they are usually helping out on both sides of the ball. I've seen my AI double and triple teaming a fast winger as well as all types different types of passes by the CPU.

Edit: Something may have gotten hosed the 1st time around as Hart was the GK for Man City and now Bravo is the GK. So that could explain the 2 crashes.
Last edited by Rodster on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm not a fan of Peter Drury but even he sounds quite natural in this game. In my first game I blinked twice and was down 3-0 against Man City halfway in the 1st half. This time it was hard fought and ended 0-0 as both sides had chances.

Edit: What camera are you guys using? I've been using "Fan View" like last year.

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

Got my Bundesliga all set up. I am good to go.

-BK

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Rodster wrote:
Edit: What camera are you guys using? I've been using "Fan View" like last year.
Currently using Dynamic Wide Custom with Zoom set to 10 and Height at 2.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

A little Bundesliga action. Dude totally faked me out here....really great stuff.

Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

What skill level and what game length are you using?
-BK

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

bkrich83 wrote:What skill level and what game length are you using?
Playing on Professional but only 8 min games right now just trying to get a feel for some teams. I'm getting my ass handed too me on professional too.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

Gotta say, I really dig this game. Add in the option files and it's brilliant imo.
-BK

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

bkrich83 wrote:Gotta say, I really dig this game. Add in the option files and it's brilliant imo.
PS4? Or PC? How easy is it to import PS4 option files? Is it even possible to do on Xbox? All the talk of this game has me very intrigued.

Back in the 360 days I was all about the master league for my footie fix (Along with countless hours of sporadic player name editing...). Now, however, FIFA's Ultimate Team Online Season really satisfies my itch. But if I could get a snazzy option file ... , and do they still have classic all-time great players for the master league player pool? Hmm ....

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Zeppo wrote:
bkrich83 wrote:Gotta say, I really dig this game. Add in the option files and it's brilliant imo.
PS4? Or PC? How easy is it to import PS4 option files? Is it even possible to do on Xbox? All the talk of this game has me very intrigued.

Back in the 360 days I was all about the master league for my footie fix (Along with countless hours of sporadic player name editing...). Now, however, FIFA's Ultimate Team Online Season really satisfies my itch. But if I could get a snazzy option file ... , and do they still have classic all-time great players for the master league player pool? Hmm ....
PS4 version for me. The option files are extremely easy...just copy the file to a usb and upload to your PS4. I don't know how easy the the option file transfer process is on Xbox but I doubt it's as user friendly as it is on the PS4.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I'll say one thing, I was expecting to get a lot of NHL 17 time in this weekend but I haven't been able to put PES 2017 down.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Played the FIFA demo and while FIFA's graphics and presentation are on another level it's the game play that matters and I find PES at least for me the much better game.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Just started a league with Sheffield Wednesday....3 pts in my first two games and they have been ultra competitive, great action. Anybody know if there are slider settings in this game? I haven't really found anything and I think I've looked in the right places.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

Zeppo wrote:

PS4.. Pretty easy to get the option file in there. Once I figured out what I was doing, no problems. Onfield gameplay is unmatched imo.
-BK

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Zep i believe they still do have the legends entering in ML thought i saw a list of the players somewhere, probably O.S.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Zeppo wrote:

OF are good for the PS4 only or PC. No luck for Xbox. Try places like PES World with the updated stuff. The default camera is what I am using and I love it. Tried the Broadcast camera where you have no radar for a a true challenging game but you kind of get lost here and there.

As everyone seems to agree, I have been in love with this game since the Beta, 10 minutes halves, Superstar and level 1 pass support is the challenge you will be thrilled to try on.

Online still has the odd lags in typical Konami fashion. My Club mode is pretty cool too, kind of HUT for PES.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

This SA classic ended in a 1-1 tie with eventually the good guys winning in PK's.

Just wanted to share this beauty...

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I have played the PES 2017 and FIFA 17 demos quite a bit over the last few days, at comparable skill levels (Regular, PES; Professional, FIFA). I've played and watched soccer for about 15 years, and I'm sorry, but I just don't see the so-called big edge in AI from PES that others see here.

FIFA is vastly improved on AI defense. Runs are covered. Human players can play smart position, cutting off passing lanes, and blunt the CPU attack or see it break down with a bad pass. You don't need to pound the B button to play strong defense anymore in FIFA. Smart AI defense always was a PES advantage. No longer.

PES plays looser in the midfield and the box than FIFA. While I appreciate the space PES provides in the midfield, it does make buildup play easier than FIFA. I don't really need to work that hard to break out of my end and through the midfield like I do in FIFA.

FIFA and PES have equal physical play models. I think Konami has done an excellent job improving the PES player physics engine this year.

While FIFA finally has matched PES with its intelligent runs this year, the through ball is FAR too effective in PES compared to FIFA. I'm getting at least two clean breakaways per game in PES due to surgical through balls, both on the ground and in the air.

Finally, those who say FIFA's AI offense doesn't use the long ball must not be playing the same game as me. I see AI teams in FIFA use long passes sometimes to relieve smart defensive positioning and aggressive defensive play by my strikers and attacking midfielders.

FIFA and PES are really strong this year. But I see FIFA as a far better, fun value for money because its gameplay equals or is so damn close to that of PES. Both games have gameplay flaws. But add in the depth of play modes, more dependable online play and the global license (a biggie), and FIFA will be my choice once again this year on the XB1.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:I have played the PES 2017 and FIFA 17 demos quite a bit over the last few days, at comparable skill levels (Regular, PES; Professional, FIFA). I've played and watched soccer for about 15 years, and I'm sorry, but I just don't see the so-called big edge in AI from PES that others see here.

FIFA is vastly improved on AI defense. Runs are covered. Human players can play smart position, cutting off passing lanes, and blunt the CPU attack or see it break down with a bad pass. You don't need to pound the B button to play strong defense anymore in FIFA. Smart AI defense always was a PES advantage. No longer.

PES plays looser in the midfield and the box than FIFA. While I appreciate the space PES provides in the midfield, it does make buildup play easier than FIFA. I don't really need to work that hard to break out of my end and through the midfield like I do in FIFA.

FIFA and PES have equal physical play models. I think Konami has done an excellent job improving the PES player physics engine this year.

While FIFA finally has matched PES with its intelligent runs this year, the through ball is FAR too effective in PES compared to FIFA. I'm getting at least two clean breakaways per game in PES due to surgical through balls, both on the ground and in the air.

Finally, those who say FIFA's AI offense doesn't use the long ball must not be playing the same game as me. I see AI teams in FIFA use long passes sometimes to relieve smart defensive positioning and aggressive defensive play by my strikers and attacking midfielders.

FIFA and PES are really strong this year. But I see FIFA as a far better, fun value for money because its gameplay equals or is so damn close to that of PES. Both games have gameplay flaws. But add in the depth of play modes, more dependable online play and the global license (a biggie), and FIFA will be my choice once again this year on the XB1.
What I have seen in FIFA especially the last few years is that the back defense tends to get disorganized and out of position if you are not fast on the trigger switching between players. I don't find that to be an issue with PES because the game tends to have better "team play AI" than FIFA. You do get some disorganization in PES but it's nowhere as common as with FIFA.

I also find the AI logic in PES to have a much better awareness of the ball. In FIFA it's almost as if the AI has a Metal Gear Solid radar that scans 360 degrees around them and if the ball is not within their range they go about their program presets even if it means switching from offense to defense.

Example: This happened to me on my first game with the FIFA demo. I had a nice scoring opportunity and I bang a shot towards the GK, he knocks it out wide left and still in play. Their defender is running towards the ball and I have one of my guys close to the ball, close enough that any real soccer player would run towards the ball. Instead he decides that he wants to play defense and totally ignores the ball and start to drop back into coverage. I frantically tried switching to that player to get him to the loose ball and by the time I did the opposing side recovered the ball. Phucking frustrating ! :twisted:

Finally I have yet to see a long ball in FIFA but i'll keep looking. Last year it was there in the demo along with midrange crosses, I jumped for joy and the EA bastards fixed that with a patch and toned it down.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

The Brits love this game:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/09/p ... ccer-2017/

Anyone playing it online?

Are there a lot of people? I wouldn't expect it to be like FIFA online as far as how populated it is online but if it's like a ghost town ...

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

It simply comes down to fun factor for me and neither the FIFA 17 demo or EA access trial has given me the fun factor that I get with PES.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

tjung0831 wrote:It simply comes down to fun factor for me and neither the FIFA 17 demo or EA access trial has given me the fun factor that I get with PES.
I can't stop playing it.
-BK

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

wco81 wrote:The Brits love this game:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/09/p ... ccer-2017/

Anyone playing it online?

Are there a lot of people? I wouldn't expect it to be like FIFA online as far as how populated it is online but if it's like a ghost town ...
A few posts above I mentioned...
10spro wrote:Online still has the odd lags in typical Konami fashion.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Fellas.

I have read above as well as other places that online is a bit messy. Would buying this game primarily to play online with a friend be a bad idea?
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

FifaInspected wrote:Fellas.

I have read above as well as other places that online is a bit messy. Would buying this game primarily to play online with a friend be a bad idea?
The history of the franchise says absolutely. It's not even in the same league as Fifa when it comes to connectivity and responsiveness online. Don't bother w/ PES if you're mainly going to play w/ buddies.