PES 2017

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PES 2017

Post by Rodster »

The option files for the PC version are pretty easy to use but i've read that it's time consuming to get an option file to work on the PS4.

The option file I used last year SMOKED the FIFA version with the proper advert logos displayed in the stadiums and screen. They also had all the top flight leagues in the game. One hassle with using an option file, though. Each time there's a game update/patch a new option file has to be used which is a pain. Besides that I found PES to look more like a real TV broadcast of a Euro soccer game vs FIFA.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:The option files for the PC version are pretty easy to use but i've read that it's time consuming to get an option file to work on the PS4.

The option file I used last year SMOKED the FIFA version with the proper advert logos displayed in the stadiums and screen. They also had all the top flight leagues in the game. One hassle with using an option file, though. Each time there's a game update/patch a new option file has to be used which is a pain. Besides that I found PES to look more like a real TV broadcast of a Euro soccer game vs FIFA.
Not to mention that even w/ option files, it still doesn't fix the commentary, which still refers to the old team names and stadiums. Takes you out of the realism a little bit.

I'm with BK...licenses are a requirement for me.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Just an fyi you can change the call names for the teams, id say 90% of them are in there. just more editing but its there for those willing.

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Just an fyi you can change the call names for the teams, id say 90% of them are in there. just more editing but its there for those willing.
Which is great.. I personally just don't want to work that hard. :)
-BK

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Getting my copy later today. Really excited, one thing I was saying in the demo is how realistic everything is. They tend to agree:

http://www.gamesradar.com/pes-2017-review/

Best time of the year for sports gamers...

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I love these quotes:

Tactical changes matter. Matches tell stories that feel organic rather than contrived. And there’s a sense of uniqueness to every player, every team and every fixture that keeps you hooked night after night

I’ve been playing non-stop for a fortnight and not registered anything noticeable in this regard. But one reason for that is the AI varies up its tactics smartly by default. Play on higher difficulty settings and you really get to experience the difference in opposition approaches, and are forced to adjust accordingly. On ‘Super Star’ (six stars), Barcelona’s relentless, short back-and-forth passing makes just regaining possession an achievement, while Madrid’s superhuman width puts huge strain on your wingers and full-backs. Yet at the other end of the spectrum, English second division sides love a diagonal ball in behind, or cloud-bothering punt towards a target man. No danger of Rotherham mimicking Real here.

And the AI isn’t afraid to do mad stuff you’d usually expect from human opponents: dangerous passes from keeper to full back with your striker looming, crosses from near the halfway line, absurdly ambitious pings from distance. In one game as Real Madrid – AKA 'MD White' – against Barca, my keeper, Keylor Navas, fisted a corner away towards an unmarked, computer-controlled Jordi Alba 25 yards from goal. “I’d wallop that,” I thought, knowing there was no chance my opponent’s robot-brain would take such a low-percentage option. Except Alba did wallop it, into the bottom corner. My follow-up thought is unprintable.

Our Verdict

"A long-overdue return to form that finally surpasses Pro Evo's PS2 glory days – and, assuming presentation woes are fixed, lays the foundations for an all-new footballing empire."

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I snagged a copy on Ebay brand new for $51.99 with free shipping for the PS4. I'm sure it'll go lower but the game was released yesterday.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

A Guide was posted on how to get option files to work on both the PS4 and PC's. I find the PC version super easy as I just unzip the creators option file and copy and paste into the game. It takes literally minutes on the PC.

Anywho, here's the guide and it doesn't look too difficult, more of a pain but this year I plan on trying it on the PS4.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... s-and-more

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Rodster wrote:A Guide was posted on how to get option files to work on both the PS4 and PC's. I find the PC version super easy as I just unzip the creators option file and copy and paste into the game. It takes literally minutes on the PC.

Anywho, here's the guide and it doesn't look too difficult, more of a pain but this year I plan on trying it on the PS4.

If I do pick up this title as I'm leaning that way as of now, mind if I mail you out a flash drive? :D I remember doing this back in the day for rosters.

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

Is there going to be a Bundesliga option file on PS4 that you know of?
-BK

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

sportdan30 wrote:
Rodster wrote:A Guide was posted on how to get option files to work on both the PS4 and PC's. I find the PC version super easy as I just unzip the creators option file and copy and paste into the game. It takes literally minutes on the PC.

If I do pick up this title as I'm leaning that way as of now, mind if I mail you out a flash drive? :D I remember doing this back in the day for rosters.
Funny you asked. Places like PES Universe were offering that option for consumers where they would sell you the stick with all the option files. They might still do it.
bkrich83 wrote:Is there going to be a Bundesliga option file on PS4 that you know of?
My understanding is that Konami won't make the same mistakes that they did last year. Updates will be frequent.

In about 10 days they plan to update the Bundesliga and some places are just waiting for that to happen before they come up with the option files for that league, instead of redoing them which of course takes a lot of time.

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

10spro wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:

Funny you asked. Places like PES Universe were offering that option for consumers where they would sell you the stick with all the option files. They might still do it.
bkrich83 wrote:Is there going to be a Bundesliga option file on PS4 that you know of?
My understanding is that Konami won't make the same mistakes that they did last year. Updates will be frequent.

In about 10 days they plan to update the Bundesliga and some places are just waiting for that to happen before they come up with the option files for that league, instead of redoing them which of course takes a lot of time.
Got it. Thanks. I know I am an anomaly but I prefer Bundesliga to the EPL.
-BK

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Picked it up tonight, game play is just so good. I'm a license whore too but this game just feels so much better than the FIFA demo. The weight of the ball just feels better and I find that to be huge. The lighting in the game is also much better than FIFA...day games are crisp and very bright, the day games in FIFA the last couple of years weren't very bright. So licenses aside, the option file will give me what I want most.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Took 5 minutes to import the EPL licensing! It used to be a bit of pain...this was as easy as can be. Can't wait to do the rest of the leagues that I want!
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

bkrich83 wrote:
Jimmydeicide wrote:Just an fyi you can change the call names for the teams, id say 90% of them are in there. just more editing but its there for those willing.
Which is great.. I personally just don't want to work that hard. :)
The option files that I downloaded from pesworld had all name calls already done...you don't need to do anything but copy the file and transfer.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

tjung0831 wrote:The option files that I downloaded from pesworld had all name calls already done...you don't need to do anything but copy the file and transfer.
Link?

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Rodster wrote:
tjung0831 wrote:The option files that I downloaded from pesworld had all name calls already done...you don't need to do anything but copy the file and transfer.
Link?

http://www.pesworld.co.uk/ps4-downloads
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Should be receiving my copy today. My son Seth really enjoyed PES 2016, and I am excited to surprise him with this year's edition!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks tjung !

Did you download all five packs and does it matter what order you install them? My Ebay copy is out for delivery. :D

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Rodster wrote:
Thanks tjung !

Did you download all five packs and does it matter what order you install them? My Ebay copy is out for delivery. :D
I downloaded all of them, all at different times. Did EPL first, played a game, then did Skybet championship, played a game etc. Just remember to save the data file after each option file is done transferring. It takes about 5 minutes for each option file to copy but that is pretty much all you need to do. The competiton logos take a few minutes to setup up but it's not big deal.
The fact that it's so easy to add all this stuff this year, especially on the PS4 version makes it a no brainer to get this game. I'm waiting patiently for their Bundesliga option file and hopefully they will add the MX Liga as well and I'll be set.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Wow, that was ridiculously easy, though the option files for the PC have more depth.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Just an FYI for those using an option file. Don't select "Live Update" before a match or the game will crash. It goes online to download the latest player ratings and tries to apply them to the default option file. It obvioulsy can't do that and crashes.

One minus is they have Hart (GK) for Man City. I played a game using both Manchester teams and they were both called Manchester. Boy the game looks incredible on the PS4. I love the lighting and player models. I'm still getting FIFA. :mrgreen:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Full Bundesliga and EPL option file http://www.pes-patch.com/2016/09/pes-20 ... ano92.html

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Rodster wrote:Just an FYI for those using an option file. Don't select "Live Update" before a match or the game will crash. It goes online to download the latest player ratings and tries to apply them to the default option file. It obvioulsy can't do that and crashes.

One minus is they have Hart (GK) for Man City. I played a game using both Manchester teams and they were both called Manchester. Boy the game looks incredible on the PS4. I love the lighting and player models. I'm still getting FIFA. :mrgreen:
I'm doing live updates and no crashes for me so far.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

Ahh, F it. Pulled the trigger. It's downloading now.
-BK