Fifa 17 News

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Fifa 17 News

Post by 10spro »

The new game will feature the Frostbite engine like their other sports franchises. Amazon prime members can get 20% off pre-orders

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Fifa 17 News

Post by Rodster »

I'm curious to see what changes (for better or worse) to the AI the Frostbite engine brings.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I hate to be skeptical, but the conversion to the Frostbite engine gives EA an easy excuse to ignore significant AI improvements. I can already read the developer's diary quotes in my mind.

"The game looks better than ever, with more realistic animations, due to the Frostbite engine."

"The conversion to the Frostbite engine was a massive undertaking, but the end result is a fantastic-looking game."

"There were many gameplay improvements we wanted to make, but the conversion to the Frostbite engine demanded more of our time and resources than we even expected. We simply ran out of time to do everything we wanted."
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

EA grabs another exclusive license for FIFA?

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-17/3 ... -exclusive
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Japan's J.League coming to FIFA 17?

http://www.jleague.jp/en/news/article/5024

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

I pre-ordered it on Amazon getting the 20% off for Prime Members deal. So allegedly it will be in my hands on release day and I think I paid 47 dollars for it before tax
-BK

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Demo will be out next week, on the 13th. Luv the footie season...

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Here's what's in the demo courtesy of Eurogamer http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... t-tomorrow:

The demo lets you play a portion of The Journey, FIFA's new story mode. (The one with a BioWare-style dialogue wheel). In the demo you're limited to playing as Manchester United in The Journey.

The demo also includes Kick-Off mode, as you'd expect. There are four single-player Skill Games and three new multiplayer Skill Games in the demo you can play as Kick-Off matches are loading.

There are 12 clubs in the demo. They are:

Manchester United
Manchester City
Chelsea
Real Madrid
Juventus
Inter
Paris Saint-Germain
Olympique Lyonnais
Seattle Sounders
Bayern München
Tigres U.A.N.L. (MX)
Gamba Osaka

There are three stadiums:

CenturyLink
Stamford Bridge
Suita City Football Stadium

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Demo is out,

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I think that I am in heaven, footie wise. Very solid gameplay in the demo. Not a big step as in PES from 16 to 17 but subtle improvements. The one touch, the driven finish, and the passing feels very organic to me. There's more physical jostling, but at the same time a respectable space where you can control your player and apply your tactical play. Pace wise, I left it on normal and it seemed just fine. Everything seemed balanced. Managed to squeeze a 1-0 win vs Real Madrid being Juventus.

Corner kicks seem to be dangerous again and overall I did enjoy the gameplay.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

10spro wrote:I think that I am in heaven, footie wise. Very solid gameplay in the demo. Not a big step as in PES from 16 to 17 but subtle improvements. The one touch, the driven finish, and the passing feels very organic to me. There's more physical jostling, but at the same time a respectable space where you can control your player and apply your tactical play. Pace wise, I left it on normal and it seemed just fine. Everything seemed balanced. Managed to squeeze a 1-0 win vs Real Madrid being Juventus.

Corner kicks seem to be dangerous again and overall I did enjoy the gameplay.
interesting...I was underwhelmed. Gonna have to pull a PK500 on this one and wait for a reduced price. I will probably purchase PES though
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I was underwhelmed at first too compared to the PES demo, but by the end of the evening I was a little more excited about it. I still need more time with the game and 4 minute halves is too short.

One that that frustrates me about FIFA though is the lack of balls in the air. Everything seems to be a ground pass, and very little offensive risk from the CPU. The build up between the teams that I played against all seemed to be the same.

I do like that that the CPU is more aggressive on defense compared to PES, but other than that I'm leaning towards PES 2017 right now.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

sportdan30 wrote:One that that frustrates me about FIFA though is the lack of balls in the air.
Yup, in last years demo EA got it right as you saw both sides moving the ball up the pitch with mid to long passes, and I was shocked. Then they released the game, patched it and they took it away.
sportdan30 wrote:The build up between the teams that I played against all seemed to be the same.
That's been a FIFA problem for years whereas PES tends to allow teams to play and use strategies they normally use. I also like that with the "recent" PES games since using the Fox Engine, the game has an organic feel to it like it used to back in the PS2 days with the Winning Eleven series.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The player models this year in FIFA are much more accurate and improved. PES always had an edge in this department but EA did a very good job with the presentation. In terms of realism, PES has it all. Everything feels so realistic and organic.

EA did improve with gameplay also albeit subtle changes. Corners have more venom to it with the new system, especially playing on higher difficulties as the AI struggles to take a man. In PES, every shot seems to be OP this year, while inside the 30 yards in FIFA, shots are a hit or miss. Compared to 16, it seems that it lacks a bit of zip.

Wished the game had at least 5 minutes halves, the game looks great and I am enjoying it so far.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Played the PS4 demo and while PES 2017 looks great, FIFA 17 takes the graphics two notches up. Game play wise it still feels like FIFA, short passing, with bubble AI programming where you don't really feel in control especially on defense. On offense it's not as bad but it's still there. I played a couple of games with ManU and got in some counters with Ibrahimovic and I would sometimes find him trying to figure out and trying to adjust where he should be respective to where the ball was. And this year the animation kind of looks herky/gerky, maybe going to the Frostbite engine has something to do with it.

In PES, I finds the opposite with the AI as i'll find my team or strikers trying to find openings in the defense without any inputs from me. PES has this year improved on team play where you actually feel like you are part of a team and for me FIFA still has that me against the world game play feeling.

I'll definitely get the game but i'll wait for a sale.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I played another game and I moved the ball up the pitch, took a shot and their GK made a save but the ball got loose outside the box and in typical EA fashion my AI teammate who I was not controlling but should have gone for the ball drops back away from the ball because apparently the AI logic said the ball was not in his zone. So a missed scoring opportunity. Then with the game tied and on the line my AI defense gets out of position and there was a delay in switching players and the AI scores for a late goal. Arrgh :mad:

These are AI issues I don't see in PES but man does this game look off the charts good and the player models look fantastic.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

In Pes your AI forward would have retreated faster and all the way to his own half, come on with that.
What your describing there is the biggest problem with Pes right now. All the forwards and mids sprint back to a defensive position its hideous.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I have played the PES 2017 and FIFA 17 demos quite a bit over the last few days, at comparable skill levels (Regular, PES; Professional, FIFA). I've played and watched soccer for about 15 years, and I'm sorry, but I just don't see the so-called big edge in AI from PES that others see here.

FIFA is vastly improved on AI defense. Runs are covered. Human players can play smart position, cutting off passing lanes, and blunt the CPU attack or see it break down with a bad pass. You don't need to pound the B button to play strong defense anymore in FIFA. Smart AI defense always was a PES advantage. No longer.

PES plays looser in the midfield and the box than FIFA. While I appreciate the space PES provides in the midfield, it does make buildup play easier than FIFA. I don't really need to work that hard to break out of my end and through the midfield like I do in FIFA.

FIFA and PES have equal physical play models. I think Konami has done an excellent job improving the PES player physics engine this year.

While FIFA finally has matched PES with its intelligent runs this year, the through ball is FAR too effective in PES compared to FIFA. I'm getting at least two clean breakaways per game in PES due to surgical through balls, both on the ground and in the air.

Finally, those who say FIFA's AI offense doesn't use the long ball must not be playing the same game as me. I see AI teams in FIFA use long passes sometimes to relieve smart defensive positioning and aggressive defensive play by my strikers and attacking midfielders.

FIFA and PES are really strong this year. But I see FIFA as a far better, fun value for money because its gameplay equals or is so damn close to that of PES. Both games have gameplay flaws. But add in the depth of play modes, more dependable online play and the global license (a biggie), and FIFA will be my choice once again this year on the XB1.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

EA Access trial is out supposedly.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:EA Access trial is out supposedly.
Not for me. Says 9/22

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I downloaded it this afternoon via the EA Access app that pointed me to the store when I clicked on "Game Details."
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Aristo wrote:I downloaded it this afternoon via the EA Access app that pointed me to the store when I clicked on "Game Details."
Yup, that worked. Weird. Can't get it the normal way through the app. But you're right. Thanks for the tip!

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Aristo wrote:I downloaded it this afternoon via the EA Access app that pointed me to the store when I clicked on "Game Details."
Yup, that worked. Weird. Can't get it the normal way through the app. But you're right. Thanks for the tip!
Same thing worked for either NHL or Madden, or maybe both. Shhh. Don't want them to catch on and fix the glitch.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

And after your 10 hrs if you pre order you may get another 10 hrs :P like i did for Hockey.