Fifa 17 News

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Fifa 17 News

Post by Jimmydeicide »

It hasnt taken a step back whatsoever, tell me where it has? Its Fifa and its better looking the only thing i may give you is there is a few less fouls but oh my Pes really doesnt have that sorted out yet either does it.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:It hasnt taken a step back whatsoever, tell me where it has? Its Fifa and its better looking the only thing i may give you is there is a few less fouls but oh my Pes really doesnt have that sorted out yet either does it.
*FIFA has taken a step back in CPU defending. There's a terrible imbalance between the effectiveness of the CPU dispossessing human players with Velcro feet and the CPU's ability to dance around human-controlled defenders standing their ground, staying in position and try to dispossess.

*There's little differentiation in play styles or skills. It's possible to take Brentford and beat Barcelona. That's not a step back, as it's been a flaw of FIFA forever.

*I could have sworn I saw the CPU use the long ball on offense a bit more last year. But that's always been a weakness of FIFA, too.

I read a review that included the best, most concise summary of the differences between FIFA and PES this year: "FIFA looks like real soccer, while PES plays like real soccer."

Bull's eye.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

I use legacy defending that might be why as i can send cpu teammates in for the tackle.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:I use legacy defending that might be why as i can send cpu teammates in for the tackle.
I need to give that a try. Thanks for the tip, matey.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

So is it a glitch or an own goal if you shoot the ball at the keeper, he touches it but it still finds the net? I had that happen in my most recent career mode win. Career mode rocks, should have tried it sooner and in my last game (PS4) there were around 15 mid to long passes by both teams including the CPU switching the play across the pitch.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:So is it a glitch or an own goal if you shoot the ball at the keeper, he touches it but it still finds the net? I had that happen in my most recent career mode win. Career mode rocks, should have tried it sooner and in my last game (PS4) there were around 15 mid to long passes by both teams including the CPU switching the play across the pitch.
I would say neither. If the shot was powerful enough to find the net, not even Manuel Neuer would stop that shot. Key word here is that he touches the ball. Goalie touches the ball while trying desperately to save the shot from going in, or it was a softy and he guides the ball in?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Noticeable upgrade on the PS4 pro.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Last night's update includes the following:

Visual/Presentation

♦Several new or updated player faces rendered for accurate character likeness.
♦General overlay adjustments.
♦Addressed an issue where the selected kit isn’t the one used in-game.
♦Addressed frame-rate issue during pre-match skill game.
♦Spanish crowds now use the authentic audio when reacting to a goal.
♦Black custom kits no longer clash with referee kits.

Pro Clubs

♦The flair trait is now available for all Pros.
♦Carrying over your Virtual Pro from FIFA 16 now correctly unlocks all passive traits.
♦An issue where players could receive excessive skill points.

The Journey
♦Localized audio and character speech for the following: German, French, Italian, Spanish, and Mexican Spanish.
♦Various presentation improvements.

♦General stability fixes in FIFA Ultimate Team and other online game modes.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I don't know if it was a recent patch or my imagination, but I fired up FIFA 17 last night for the first time in two weeks, and it feels like a different single-player game. A much better game, at default sliders and Professional skill level.

I'm enjoying a variety of different outcomes. I'm seeing more differentiation between good and bad teams. I'm seeing a variety of tactics from different teams. I'm seeing teams change tactics at halftime. I'm seeing -- GASP! -- long balls and aerial passes to switch field by the CPU.

This is REALLY fun. I don't know what happened, but I'm glad I held on to FIFA 17. It's playing a very fun, realistic enough game of footy for me. I really look forward to playing it now.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I am totally digging "Career Mode". I can't believe it took this long to try it. I haven't even started The Journey.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:I don't know if it was a recent patch or my imagination, but I fired up FIFA 17 last night for the first time in two weeks, and it feels like a different single-player game. A much better game, at default sliders and Professional skill level.

I'm enjoying a variety of different outcomes. I'm seeing more differentiation between good and bad teams. I'm seeing a variety of tactics from different teams. I'm seeing teams change tactics at halftime. I'm seeing -- GASP! -- long balls and aerial passes to switch field by the CPU.

This is REALLY fun. I don't know what happened, but I'm glad I held on to FIFA 17. It's playing a very fun, realistic enough game of footy for me. I really look forward to playing it now.
I always thought that 17 was a slightly superior product to last year and much improved over 15. I think you were smoking a different joint a couple of weeks ago, but 17 is good man. 8) :lol:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

10spro wrote:
pk500 wrote:I don't know if it was a recent patch or my imagination, but I fired up FIFA 17 last night for the first time in two weeks, and it feels like a different single-player game. A much better game, at default sliders and Professional skill level.

I always thought that 17 was a slightly superior product to last year and much improved over 15. I think you were smoking a different joint a couple of weeks ago, but 17 is good man. 8) :lol:
Or it could be the cheap bastard doesn't want to spring for a new game. :D

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:Or it could be the cheap bastard doesn't want to spring for a new game. :D
Trust me: I was close. But my youngest son LOVES FIFA 17 and plays it all the time. So I didn't want to open the money clip for two soccer games.

So I must thank 11-year-old Landon Kelly for keeping me on the FIFA train. Glad he did.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Game looks beautiful on the Pro. Brighter and depth of field is more pronounced.

Still, the one thing that keeps me from playing this game more is the camera angle. It always seems to be too far back compared to the PES default camera angle. Which is probably why I build up my plays from the center to the players in the foreground. Anyone have a preference for what camera angle they prefer?

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Yeh its been tweaked , i think its improved for sure on default.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

sportdan30 wrote: Anyone have a preference for what camera angle they prefer?
Whether you play SP or MP, I am using the Tele Broadcast camera angle. From there you can adjust the height zoom, where I have it up all the way to 17-19. The rest is just preference, but with Tele I can have a good view of the field covering both teams.

Default is not bad, just adjust the zoom level and you may want to try Co-Op, a bit distant but good view of all the players on the field.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Noticed the same thing in my brief time with it last night. I don't recall seeing that many aerial passes before. It was a very pleasant surprise.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Like I mentioned to PK, i've been seeing long crosses, mid and long passes up the pitch by the CPU for sometime in Career Mode even before the patch. Now it's not as frequent as in PES 2016/17 but they are there. Now i'm playing the PS4 version so I don't now if there was a code difference between the PS4 and XONE. It's happened before where there were bugs in one version and not the other but I can't say that's why he wasn't seeing them.

The different tactics by teams sounds good as I feel like i'm always playing against the same team albeit with different names.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

sportdan30 wrote:Game looks beautiful on the Pro. Brighter and depth of field is more pronounced.

Still, the one thing that keeps me from playing this game more is the camera angle. It always seems to be too far back compared to the PES default camera angle. Which is probably why I build up my plays from the center to the players in the foreground. Anyone have a preference for what camera angle they prefer?
Does the Pro enhance graphical output for games on 1080p tv's as well? Or you have to have a 4K tv to really notice the difference?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Lancer wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Game looks beautiful on the Pro. Brighter and depth of field is more pronounced.

Does the Pro enhance graphical output for games on 1080p tv's as well? Or you have to have a 4K tv to really notice the difference?
Yes, especially framerates and some anti-aliasing and textures.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

If you haven't played the game yet and don't have EA access, you can try it for free until the 27th. Both consoles have the free trial.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Went ahead and purchased the game from Amazon today for $28. I had $8 in Amazon points, so I used that as well. It only cost me $19 and change.

Kept going back and forth between FIFA and PES, but liked the overall package that FIFA 17 provides.. Plus, I'm enjoying the Journey quite a bit.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Never have played Ultimate Team in any EA game but I'm absolutely obsessed with FUT right now.

Any tips on acquiring coins faster? I bought a bunch to skip some of the slogging, but now I really have to grind to improve my team. Currently it's ranked an 81 but I need to get a star or two to take it over the top.

Any suggestions?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Never have played Ultimate Team in any EA game but I'm absolutely obsessed with FUT right now.

Any tips on acquiring coins faster? I bought a bunch to skip some of the slogging, but now I really have to grind to improve my team. Currently it's ranked an 81 but I need to get a star or two to take it over the top.

Any suggestions?
Addicting isn't it? I just started buying the Ultimate version of the game for the past 3 years or so where I get packs every weekend. But if you don't want to fork the extra money, just keep playing different tournaments with your Gold, Silver and Bronze players. The market has cooled down quite a bit so you should be able to buy some Star players cheaply.

If you played enough FUT in the past you can go to the catalogue tab, where you can buy certain perks such as doubling your coins wins.

Try to build some good chemistry (at least 85) in your team to make it competitive and just play, play, play. With that comes the inevitable needs such as contracts, injuries ( this version more than ever), fitness, etc.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Awesome info. That's 10s. Definitely helpful as I really went in blind.