DOOM

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

DOOM

Post by Rodster »

Finally a true Doom sequel was made. The game is similar to the nonstop action of the original game but they have now thrown in glory kills and weapons upgrades. And to add to the endless game play they have thrown in Snap Map which allows anyone to edit any map and create new in game modes. I purchased the PS4 version and the graphics do not disappoint. And everything runs around 60 FPS and there are one or two optional graphics settings you can turn off.

The game kinda starts off like Bloodborne. I like the AI in the game as they hunt you down if they spot you.

The only issue i've encountered is that the disc constantly spins and won't stop with or without starting the game. I don't know if that's normal or not.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: DOOM

Post by 10spro »

I just got an hour and change on the game as I have a huge backup log already. Enjoyed the early mindless and grotesque slaughters. Got it for the X1, and I don't recall having issues with my disc.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Whats a disc?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Whats a disc?
Noob :)

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I'm going to try this sometime. I was listening to the Giant Bombcast yesterday, and they were raving about this game. Basically saying it way exceeded their expectations and recaptured the feel and joy of old school Doom really well.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

This game is just good, mindless fun. It's a great change of pace when you just want to kill s*** and take names. It definitely feels like classic Doom.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.