Overwatch

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Overwatch

Post by tjung0831 »

Anybody playing the beta? I had no interest in this based on the videos that I saw but the beta sure is a lot of fun to play. Was up until about 2am playing it. Didn't really want to put it down.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Overwatch

Post by MizzouRah »

I have it... but with Stellaris coming out on Monday.. not sure I'll get to the beta yet.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

MizzouRah wrote:I have it... but with Stellaris coming out on Monday.. not sure I'll get to the beta yet.
I just watched 20 minutes of game play video of Stellaris and I don't think I ever saw any actual game play. :lol:
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

tjung0831 wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:
I just watched 20 minutes of game play video of Stellaris and I don't think I ever saw any actual game play. :lol:
Haha... yes it's really deep.. spending a good amount of time setting up your race. Look for videos by Arumba, his are great, imho.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Overwatch is fun. Reminds me of TF2.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Played the beta last night on PS4. Looks great and runs at a 100mph so I have no idea what's going on. Way too fast for me. Probably going to pass.

PS Get off my lawn you damn kids.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Macca00 wrote:Played the beta last night on PS4. Looks great and runs at a 100mph so I have no idea what's going on. Way too fast for me. Probably going to pass.

PS Get off my lawn you damn kids.
I always suck at FPS and get very frustrated with them but this game I've actually been pretty decent which is surprising. It can move fast at times(not all the time) but there is a lot of strategy and teamwork involved and the game is just flat out fun to me. I think me and my sons have put at least 20 hours into the beta since it was released and have yet to grow tired of it. Looking like a day one purchase of a couple of digital copies for us.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Actually I don't have it.. I have a game on PC via Steam that is the same name I think.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Anyone playing the full version of this?

I really knew nothing about this game until it's release and now I am intrigued (like I have time to learn another shooter - lol).

At first I figured it to be a complex mash up of many genres with lots of over-customization and leveling up. But it looks like it's almost the opposite of that and just about building the right balanced team of pre-defined (non-leveled) characters. If that is right I am definitely interested as that lends itself to much more of a "play in semi-quick spurts here and there" style for me.

Word on the web is that it is very good and well balanced. Very akin to Team Fortress 2.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

It definitely looks and sounds a lot like TF2, but the clips I've seen look like Halo on benzedrine. 8O
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I have this but haven't spent alot of time playing it due to the holiday. It is very similar to Team Fortress 2 in regards to having 4 different classes that need to be utilized together on a team of 6 players in order to be successful. You aren't locked into playing with one hero for the only match, so if someone isn't quite working out, change things up.

The games are pretty quick to play, lasting 5 to at most 15 minutes making it a great pick up and play game. Everything is very polished. It's one of those "Just one more" games where its hard to break away from.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Easily my game of the year up to this point. Game is just balls out fun to play.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Overwatch is free on XBL this weekend. Fired it up for the first time last night after returning home from a concert, altered. SHOCKER!

Very fun game! A simple shooter with great team characters and fantastic mechanics.

Too many good shooters, not enough time! :)

P.S.: Don't worry, Bill. I still like Titanfall 2 better. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:Overwatch is free on XBL this weekend. Fired it up for the first time last night after returning home from a concert, altered. SHOCKER!

Very fun game! A simple shooter with great team characters and fantastic mechanics.

Too many good shooters, not enough time! :)

P.S.: Don't worry, Bill. I still like Titanfall 2 better. :)
Damn right.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I think I'm going to pick this up next week - its featured in a few BF sales.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Blizzard added new characters, map, and several new game modes with it's recent patch. Game continues to be addicting as ever. Played it all weekend with my sons and it just never gets old. The way Blizzard supports their games makes it even better. Lots more coming down the road for this game. Really surprised there isn't more of a following for it here. Digital copy is $35 right now on both systems I believe.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Right now I am saying Overwatch is my game of the year, narrowly edging out Battlefield 1. This game has played flawlessly since Day One and Blizzard keeps adding to this game. The latest Arcade mode is so much fun! Just a fun and great game!