NHL 17 News

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NHL 17 News

Post by GameSeven »

vader29 wrote:Image
Ack! My eyes!

Lol

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

tjung0831 wrote:
AcemanPR wrote:I used to play videogame NHL all the time, then got away from it. Been years since I got an NHL game, '12 might have been the last one. But with the ECHL teams, I can play with my hometown team, the Toledo Walleye! Seems to be the year to jump back into sports games, Madden 17, NHL 17, and NBA2K17, and FIFA 17 will all be bought at some point this year. Probably will pick up Madden tomorrow since its on sale for $40 at Best Buy.
I actually played an ECHL game last night....good times.
i've been to several Florida Everblades games in Ft. Myers. Those boys will drop gloves in a heartbeat. :)

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

GameSeven wrote:
vader29 wrote:Image
Ack! My eyes!

Lol
Shes Beautiful , she added online pass assist reducer that is awesome for us i feel , no more excuses , full manual if you want .

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Anybody else get a code for a free month of EA Access specific to NHL 17? I have Access already, so if you need the code, hit me up.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Patch is now out, 3.6 GB for Xbox One.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

code claimed.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Sudz wrote:code claimed.
Thanks Sudz ! 8)

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Sigh. So I burned up half my time last night by going to play a game, then falling asleep on the sofa.

I hope I have a few hours left ateast......
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Gangrel wrote:Sigh. So I burned up half my time last night by going to play a game, then falling asleep on the sofa.

I hope I have a few hours left ateast......
Damnit Ace...you've got a team that's counting on you! :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I wonder if redeeming my free month of ea access would get me a second account I could use.

That's only the 1000th time I've fallen asleep on my sofa. It's too damn comfy! Reclining is deadly.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Well...this game doesn't play any better with the patch. At this point it's only saving grace for me is that I think with all the slider settings, I'll be able to get a decent game from it but All Star defaults...it's like I'm playing NHL 15 again. Robo CPU with the ping pong passing and one timers. Game is a frustrating mess. I'm currently getting beat by the Sabres 7-1 on All Star defaults. I did have to give the CPU a decrease in speed because I couldn't even win a loose puck battle.
I really don't know what to think at this point.
8-1 final...outshot 52-14... :lol:
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Thank God for EA Access. At this point, I prefer NHL 16.

NHL 17 features better use of the poke check for human players. Otherwise, I think I prefer almost all of NHL 16.

The CPU forechecking is ridiculously overdone. The Sharks forechecked last night like the Soviet Red Army team on the Sim skill level. As others have mentioned, the tic-tac-toe passing also is overdone. I also don't get the same organic feel for each game I'm enjoying so much with NHL 16.

Good luck, Dragons. But I'm sticking with my QMJHL offline season with Gatineau in NHL 16 and waiting until NHL 17 is patched again, available at discount or drops next spring on EA Access.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

17 before that patch was really good, after tho its in between the beta and 16.

Ea can kiss my ass the way they change their games anymore , before i can play a second game offline the gameplay changes frustrates the s*** out of me.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I moved it back down to pro, made a few slider adjustments and its playing very good. I finished my 10 hour trial and I went ahead and preordered and then got another 10 hours for preordering.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I don't know what you guys are smoking but 17 is an improvement over 16. Granted, I only played one offline game on SS. Yeah, I am a bit concern about the tuner updates but still the collision physics are better and hitting is not overdone.

Playing over the weekend with the Dragons, I felt maybe the speed was quicker compared to the Beta, but overall it is still a better experience over 16.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I play primarily against my two boys and we are absolutely loving it 9+ hours in. In addition to the noticeable improvements in collisions and physics, the most welcomed improvement is regarding the frequency and nature of penalties. We increased the sliders and usually have 2-4 power plays each in our head-to head games on All Star Sim and 8-10 min periods. I did play partial game against the CPU with increased sliders and for the first time EVER in an EA NHL game I thought that I may have to turn down the sliders as I had 7 power plays after 2 periods. In my games against the computer last year I would average 1 power play and had plenty of games with zero.

We did have one absolutely strange period (pre-patch) where almost everything was going in. It was 6-4 after 1 period with most all the goals being soft. We stopped the game and checked our settings thinking it may have switched to arcade mode. The settings were OK and fortunately we have never experienced again. In fact, our next game was 2-0.

Day 1 purchase for us.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

ALTITO's sliders over at OS that I tried last night made all the difference. It's a completely different game now. No more tape to tape, more loose pucks, more errant shots, more sloppy play, etc. I'm playing on Pro and it's night and day what I was experiencing the last few nights of arcade style hockey.

Still not a fan of the presentation and some of the robotic animations in the cut scenes, but all in all a very good game of hockey against the CPU!

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Love the game, but I'm getting absolutely destroyed by the CPU. I can't even win on Pro. I have some work to do figure this game out again.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Head to head games in Draft Champions are frustrating as hell. Seeing some RIDICULOUS goals. Nothing like dominating a guy for three periods and losing 3-1 ...and you outshoot him 25-7. f*** me.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I got my digital preorder a couple of hours before midnight. Took it for a quick HUT spin and played this guy who's team was already stacked. I mean players like Kesler, Legend Sakic, Ekblad, Staal, Sedin,Thornton...How do these guys get their coinage? Insane!

My package was from the EA Access and my biggest star was goalie Al Montoya back up from the Habs who stopped 28 shots after three and saved my bacon again in OT before losing in a SO.

Online wise, I felt the game was fine. There was some odd AI defensive decisions and I am sure some tuning updates will address it. Very realistic stats. He outshot me 28-17 and spent more time in the offensive zone than me. They were three penalties altogether. Obviously with the much better players, the other dude had good puck possession but just couldn't break me until the SO.

Look forward to try some more EASHL with the Dragons tonight.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

10spro wrote:I got my digital preorder a couple of hours before midnight. Took it for a quick HUT spin and played this guy who's team was already stacked. I mean players like Kesler, Legend Sakic, Ekblad, Staal, Sedin,Thornton...How do these guys get their coinage? Insane!

My package was from the EA Access and my biggest star was goalie Al Montoya back up from the Habs who stopped 28 shots after three and saved my bacon again in OT before losing in a SO.

Online wise, I felt the game was fine. There was some odd AI defensive decisions and I am sure some tuning updates will address it. Very realistic stats. He outshot me 28-17 and spent more time in the offensive zone than me. They were three penalties altogether. Obviously with the much better players, the other dude had good puck possession but just couldn't break me until the SO.

Look forward to try some more EASHL with the Dragons tonight.
I sometimes stop by the subreddit for NHLHUT, and you constantly see people there talk about spending $300+ on their ultimate teams every year. That guy with stacked team probably already played 10 hours of EA Access and spent serious $$$ on his team.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

This game is 100% better with Altito's sliders Dan mentioned above. I was going to pass on it, default out of the box w/ the EA Access trial, but after applying the sliders...completely different game.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/e ... iders.html

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:This game is 100% better with Altito's sliders Dan mentioned above. I was going to pass on it, default out of the box w/ the EA Access trial, but after applying the sliders...completely different game.

I still have plenty of time on my Access trial. I'll give these sliders a go. Thanks for the tip, Dan and DB.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:This game is 100% better with Altito's sliders Dan mentioned above. I was going to pass on it, default out of the box w/ the EA Access trial, but after applying the sliders...completely different game.

I still have plenty of time on my Access trial. I'll give these sliders a go. Thanks for the tip, Dan and DB.
It's crazy...on Pro, you had all of the generic tape to tape and high scoring affairs (like 3-4 goals a period even with short times). W/ the sliders and bumping it up to All-Star, I lost my first full game 2-0 and I'm in the middle of another one at that range. Oh yeah, I haven't even scored over almost two full games, lol. I mean I suck, but at least the CPU is believable and I know why I can't score.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

it's a very good base set of sliders. I had to tune it up a bit to get the game just a little bit more to my liking but the game is playing well regardless of the EA update. Things I tightened up a bit were puck control and players losing balance when hitting the boards...those were the biggest ones that i thought needed just a bit more to them. The other thing and I haven't addressed it yet, was that I was able to dictate physical play...hits were always in the 20-5 range or so for me, so i'd like to get the CPU hitting a bit more. I mentioned over at OS, that a few of the games with these sliders felt like I was playing 2K hockey again.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM